Hacker Group: "This is the beginning of the end for Sony", promises more hacks soon

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
http://gamingbolt.com/hacking-group-its-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-sony-promises-more-hacks-soon

I can't wait to see them chicken out of whatever they're doing. Assuming of course this isn't a bluff.

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Do you know just how ripshit pissed I'd be? We technically don't even have PSN back from the last one. When am I gonna finally be able to use my gift card and get my RE5 DLC?! Also, I was looking forward to that welcome back program, not to mention all my online functionality that has ostensibly just been returned. This had really better be just fear mongering and pandering to the hackers out there that are still steamed at Sony. There's no way anyone is heartless enough to kick Sony while they're down like this, especially not when they're trying so hard to make amends.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Dear hackers: I demand equal rights for Microsoft users.

Request rescinded. Too many quotes, and too many Escapists who can't spot a joke.
Seriously, people? [http://operatorchan.org/k/src/k284444_implied-facepalm.jpg]

*goes back to playing games on his secure PC running ubuntu*

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
If only torture could be legalized.... Seriously these guys are doing this just to be as low as they can.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Woodsey said:
They can suck my dick, fucking pricks.
I hope they've got big lungs cos I'll be next in line.

I don't own a PS3 so I wasn't even affected by the hacks but this pisses me off nonetheless. What exactly is the point at this stage?

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Harbinger_ said:
If only torture could be legalized.... Seriously these guys are doing this just to be as low as they can.
Wait, you want torture to be legalized to be used on Hackers? I mean, yeah what they're doing isn't cool, but there's a lot of other crap that I think is more deserving on the list of "things that you should be tortured for"

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
The fuck are they even 'fighting' for? No one using PSN is supporting them. Other hacker groups aren't supporting them. There's no agenda with which the attacks align themselves. They're doing it because they can. And that makes them utter wankers.

cream

Apr 26, 2010
Great. I have money on the psn as well...Guess I'll never get to use it/get it back. I really don't see what these cocks are trying to do.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
You'd have thought that hackers everywhere would just be bored of tormenting Sony by now. I mean, geez, surely they've got the message already. It really is getting a bit old and pathetic by now.
But hey, I won't complain because I don't actually own a Playstation.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
I don't get it. Why don't Sony back down?

Release a press statement: "We have in the past operated without ethical constraint. In doing so we've attracted the attention of a number of aggrieved customers. We would like to apologise for poor business practice which lead to this and will endeavour in future to provide quality gaming services without infringing on customer rights."

I bet you the attacks would stop immediately if Sony did that.

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
Guys, enough is enough. Really, the first time was annoying too. Yipee, you've just taken away a gamer's ability to game online. and now you're doing it again. Now you're just being a prick.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah ok, hack a major corporation who've recently done a massive upgrade on their security and whose only servers storing financial information are unavailable. Your internet penis must be massive. Let me know how prison is.

I doubt this is real but if it is yay for them being dumb enough to get themselves arrested.

Actual said:

Release a press statement: "We have in the past operated without ethical constraint. In doing so we've attracted the attention of a number of aggrieved customers. We would like to apologise for poor business practice which lead to this and will endeavour in future to provide quality gaming services without infringing on customer rights."

How have they operated without ethical constraint? The only lawsuits they released were responses to breach of their copyright. If you expect any company to tell you that you can use their product for any purpose, including hacking their servers and pirating their games then you're just deluded.

falcon1985

Aug 29, 2009
There has got to be software available that blows up a hacker's computer. Seriously, i'm talking C-4 level blast with shrapnel comming off his goddamned computer-case.

(Guess the point i'm trying to make is: Die you hacker scum, just die and do the world a favour.)

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
Actual said:

There would still be zero assurance that the hackers will stop even if Sony does that.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
I kinda respect thier ambition and focus. I like to think of them as cunning little pranksters, creating havok and laughing at the mess they created afterwards - personally I find this whole thing amusing.

And it would be a nice, innocent bit of hijinks if they weren't selling credit card information. As far as I could see, anyway.

Anyway, every cloud has its silver lining. By now everyone's heard of this and companies are ramping up thier security and creating failsafe plans if such a scenario occurs to them. At least I hope so.

EDIT: @ The guy below me: I like to think of it as that way as well, but more than likely it's just for money.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Silly and pointless and rather far from the "Manifesto" ideals...

I'm starting to wonder if it's just some hacker group wanting to see how far they can get, how much havoc they can wreak really and if it's possible to push such giant corporation like Sony to shut down. Unlikely, i know, but that's the only reason for it could come up with that doesn't involve competition paying them off...in which case - welcome cyberpunk in it's nasty glory.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
These fucking people with their stupid ideals and bullshit justifications. Fuck them, I hope they die and get cancer... in the head!

Edit: and considering what the Japanese have been through lately, trying to take down one of their biggest companies is a reprehensible thing to do. They're economy has taking a battering, they've lost lots of people and now they want to strip quite a few of the survivors of their jobs and do yet more damage to the Japanese economy. Again, to reiterate, fuck the hackers with broken glass.