Hacker Group: "This is the beginning of the end for Sony", promises more hacks soon

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
zehydra said:
Kopikatsu said:
ChildofGallifrey said:
Hey, at least they decided to announce it on Twitter, one of the most publicly monitored sites in existence. I'm sure Homeland Security is thanking you pricks for making their job that much easier!
It's times like these where the 'force people to put their name and address next to everything they post to stop people from being pricks' thing doesn't seem too awful of an idea.

Edit: They were also the ones who brought down Sony Greece.
That would end the internet as we know it.
How so? Social networking sites basically do just that.
Social networking isn't the internet. It's only a chunk of it.

Besides, it's hackers' specialty to forge their location. It would be a useless endeavor.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
okay so what if they take down sony then hundreds of thousands of honest hard working people are out of jobs and everyone has a useless 600 to 300$ piece of tech sitting there. how is that helping at all?. these people need to think things through

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
I'd be pissed/worried, but frankly, I'm almost certain whoever is making these claims aren't the actual hackers.

Seriously. If you're smart enough to steal credit card numbers and not use them yourself, you're smart enough to not brag about it. Just saying.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Abandon4093 said:
They do realise that if Sony have to pull out of the gaming scene they'll still probably be able to function as a company. They sell a lot of other shit. Sure they would take a big hit, but not as much as all of the gamers who sunk their hard earned cash into the console and games.
Not even as much as you might think. Assuming they only shut down their hardware aspect of that and go strict software like SEGA, they can make money because the hardware is not making them any. As well, considering that they don't have a terribly strong first party and most can go to or form other companies, shutting down the SCEA division won't hurt the rest of the company nearly as much as they think.

Sony's been making electronics FAR longer than games, so they can walk away and the only ones that get hurt are the customers and the employees that get lay off notices.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
You know, years down the line when governments around the world decide to kill all the fun to be found on the Internet, these pricks are going to be part of the reason why.

Smerf

May 4, 2011
loc978 said:
Dear hackers: I demand equal rights for Microsoft users. It's a slightly more deserving company anyway.

*goes back to playing games on his secure PC running ubuntu*
go linux!

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Ok, the first attack was somewhat justified even if it was still a bad way of doing things, but now they are just being ***holes.
I hope Sony's new systems let them catch these guys and send them to jail.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
At this point I wonder if sony is considering going to the mattresses with these hackers.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
So just to get this straight the hackers that took down PSN are not the same one's that took down Sony's web site. The hackers that did the web site are the ameturish ones and they are the one's that said this was the end for Sony?

This was kind of interesting in the beginning but now it's just pissing me off.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
I'm usually pro hackers when it comes to the question of hackers vs. corporations but none of the stuff that's been happening to Sony lately smells of hacktivism, it's unadulterated bull shit! Stealing the credit card information of innocent gamers doesn't make Sony look as bad as it makes whatever offshoot of Anonymous that's doing this. I'm even getting closer to forgiving Sony their lousy handling of this situation in light of this continued crap that is keeping me from downloading Killzone Liberation and Mod Nation Racers.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
My logic machine indicates this probably isn't the same group that did the hacks in the first place and they'll probably fail if they try... and my bullshit meter agrees.

SimpleJack

Feb 3, 2011
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaahahahahha.... ahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahah....

Ohhhh, these guys...

Let's be serious for a second. They have the power and money to at least try to do something about this, and I would love it if Sony sent in some people to fuck 'em up. why are hackers always assholes...?

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
You know what I want to see? I want to see these kids get caught, then watch the video footage of them crying and urinating themselves in court as they realise they've ruined their lives, their chances of ever getting an honest job, and are probably going to be someone's ***** in prison. THAT is a torture I'd like to see. How badass are you now, fuckers.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
magnuslion said:
ITT: lots and lots of angry ps3 owners.

also: It amazes me that console owners will still defend a company that sells you something and then tells you that you cannot modify it or you are no longer allowed to play it. I do not have ps3 nor am I a part of this group or really a supporter of it, but then I am not fond of being told what to do with my own property.
'This here is a PS3. It's a game system. You can play games on it. You can also watch blu-ray on it, even though it is gaming system. You can do these two things with it because this is what we made it to do. If you don't like that, you can modify your system, just don't expect us to offer our (free) online services anymore and we'll void your warranty because you modified the system.'

That's completely reasonable. People are just being ponces about it.

Edit: No, I don't know what a ponce is.

AmbitiousWorm

I'm going to leave this blank.
Dec 2, 2010
Sad to see a bunch of douchebags wreaking something that so many find use for entertainment. When the internet is down do they go to playgrounds and cut down all the swings?

Edit. I was just thinking about the PSN. I really doubt they will be able to bring down a gigantic multinational company. But if they do then I fear for our future. Not worried about the environment or war but crazy people in their basements who can destroy the lives of so many, that is scary.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
I hope they give Sony another little kick for such a shitty welcome back package. Honestly, fucking WIPEOUT THE GAME.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
magnuslion said:
ITT: lots and lots of angry ps3 owners.

also: It amazes me that console owners will still defend a company that sells you something and then tells you that you cannot modify it or you are no longer allowed to play it. I do not have ps3 nor am I a part of this group or really a supporter of it, but then I am not fond of being told what to do with my own property.
Contrary to what you read in this place, the people who want to open up their consoles and fiddle or install new and pointless OS's on their PS3 are a minority. A very whiny, vocal minority with an over inflated sense personal privledge. Those of us who want to use our PS3's for games, media and online fun (like, you know, it was intended for) couldn't give two shits about these kids or their ownership beliefs. In fact if they vanished from the face of the earth, it'd probably be a better place. We wouldn't have all these wannabe hacker vigilantes for starters.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
zehydra said:
canadamus_prime said:
Dear Hack Group,

Get your collective head out of your ass. Your harming your fellow gamers more than you are Sony and it's not cool! You're not revolutionaries, you're just a bunch of uptight pricks.
"fellow gamers"

Who says these are gamers? These are skilled hackers, and hacking IS their game.
Well I presumed they were also gamers. Even if they're not, I would like to think any self respecting hacker, as opposed to some jackass script-kiddy, would not wish to harm Sony's consumer base just to get at Sony.