Hacker Group: "This is the beginning of the end for Sony", promises more hacks soon

S3Cs4uN 8

Apr 25, 2011
oreopizza47 said:
Do you know just how ripshit pissed I'd be? We technically don't even have PSN back from the last one. When am I gonna finally be able to use my gift card and get my RE5 DLC?! Also, I was looking forward to that welcome back program, not to mention all my online functionality that has ostensibly just been returned. This had really better be just fear mongering and pandering to the hackers out there that are still steamed at Sony. There's no way anyone is heartless enough to kick Sony while they're down like this, especially not when they're trying so hard to make amends.
dude it's hackers your talking about here

Photon987

May 27, 2009
I can see it now. The hackers were paid off by Jack Thompson and his fellows, to incite nerd-rage, which in turn he could attempt to use as "evidence" that playing video games makes people more violent.

Well, it's a good thing that we didn-

Veldie said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Veldie said:
Strap them one at a time to a table with them laying on there belly using a dull rusty knife slowly cut off there skin and pour salt and peppersray on it then pour whiskey on there back and blowtorch it then let it sit and as it starts to heal or such rip it back open and repeat
do i know you?

you remind me of my work friend, we think up stupid torture techniques. its fun :)

pin them up to the wall, pin their feet to the floor, and use a butchers knife to cut off all their toes.

then shove fireworks up through each of the newly formed 'holes', and light them all
Not that I know of but you might want to. Also that would indeed be funny way of torture tho if tweked some it could be even more funny and a bit artistic
instead of pinning there feet to the floor and walls find a nice non fatel place on there body and pierce it so that they will be right in the middleand make the pole be modified so they dont slide down it or off it and such then cut open there toes and shove a firework into it to then blow off there toes for more pain then break there legs or such so there locked in place and place a rocket or such type fireowork in there holes and light it up causing them to spin madly in a glories firework display

Well played, Mr. Thompson. Well played...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Actual said:
I don't get it. Why don't Sony back down?

Release a press statement: "We have in the past operated without ethical constraint. In doing so we've attracted the attention of a number of aggrieved customers. We would like to apologise for poor business practice which lead to this and will endeavour in future to provide quality gaming services without infringing on customer rights."

I bet you the attacks would stop immediately if Sony did that.
No they wouldn't. These guys are a splinter cell of 4chan nerds that learned how to hack from the big boys, picked a target because Halo stopped being fun, and decided to hack Sony. They have no rhyme, no reason. They just want to cause damage, in the immortal words of Anon "for the lolz".
Actually, LolzSec violently opposes the idea that they're a part of Anonymous. I'll get their actual statement in a sec.

Edit: "LulzSec The Lulz Boat
@sdpdx We aren't Anonymous you unresolved cow-shart."

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
Lets piss off the hackers. How you ask? If you go to account settings on PSN you can still delete your credit card data

Vergial

Mar 16, 2009
Zelda_Lover26 said:
Vergial said:
Much as I can agree, we all need to just SAY something every once in a while about topics that bother us, it's utterly pointless to try and sway them.

Far as I'm concerned, I'll just watch the fireworks. I have a PS3, I'm not happy about what is happening, but in the end I simply do not care. I have other gaming platforms.
Indeed... all we can do now is watch their next move....

I personally hate waiting and would rather take action.... but to use a quote I heard somewhere:

"A great leap forward often requires two steps back."

Basically, we don't want it to continue, but until we find who the culprit(s) is/are, we're just going to have to sit and wait...

Note: yes i said I don't have a PS3, which means I don't really know what your all going through. But, trust me, if someone did the same thing to my wii, or even my steam account.... I may not fully understand, but thinking about what it would be like if it happened to me.... not a fun though...
I'll be honest, to me I'm not losing much. As I said, I have other platforms, one being the all-time greatest PC (Heheh, that oughta irritate some fanboys). Only the PSN store isn't functioning, so Online Play is still operational. Overall, the biggest complaints are from people who seriously spent about $15 for content in a game (5 maps, for example). So they pay a quarter of a game's price to get a tenth of the content, then they feel bad because the PSN is down. XD

Honestly, though, I feel for 'em. Myself, I'd never pay that much for crappy content anyway.

Otherwise, you are absolutely right. All we can do is wait.

Sep 17, 2009
loc978 said:
Dear hackers: I demand equal rights for Microsoft users. It's a slightly more deserving company anyway.

*goes back to playing games on his secure PC running ubuntu*
Really? So you're wishing for more pain upon gamers? Wow...

OT: This makes me angry they are just hurting their own community.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/30/pbs-hacked-tupac-alive_n_868673.html

Finally found the link. Anyway, this is LulzSec's most recent hack in addition to putting up the usernames and passwords of all PBS admins.

Aren't they just a bunch of special little wignits?

Edit:

According to Secure Business Intelligence, LulzSec has attacked several high-profile organizations in the last month, although it is known to hack for "entertainment and infamy," rather than financial gain.
I know that I must sound like a broken record, but I do think that they're serious about trying to hack Sony.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
Sony's Response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIPfQ-HtYeM&feature=related (song nsfw)

Yeah, i bet Sony is quaking in their boots.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Why take away peoples' ability to play their games online? How much of a prick are they? Seriously, why ruin my fun because you don't like Sony? These people are sad.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Hey, at least they decided to announce it on Twitter, one of the most publicly monitored sites in existence. I'm sure Homeland Security is thanking you pricks for making their job that much easier!

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Can anyone please tell me what's going on here? I haven't read a single reason as to why they're hacking Sony, legit or not.

A few months ago, a friend of mine slipped a secret email to Sony telling them of a breach that could be exploited on the PSN, they quickly patched that up and next thing I knew, my friend had PSN+ for a month with a nice thank you note by the side (his a tech-guru in programming for networks, so that explains).

Sony isn't some big company which like other companies, sues whenever someone mails them a hole in their service, they usually follow up with cake or something, maybe even thank you, and while Sony's current dealing with the latest breach was a fiasco at best, not even Extra Credits argument of 'sequel' games stood well (honestly, you guys want GoW3 still at full retail price in some countries?).

So again, I'll ask, what's going on and why?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Dear Hack Group,

Get your collective head out of your ass. Your harming your fellow gamers more than you are Sony and it's not cool! You're not revolutionaries, you're just a bunch of uptight pricks.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Nigh Invulnerable said:
Why take away peoples' ability to play their games online? How much of a prick are they? Seriously, why ruin my fun because you don't like Sony? These people are sad.
No sir. They do it "for the lulz". Which in translation means "We never really get out of the house and our only way of acquiring our much needed attention is to anger people on the internet. Bad attention is still attention. Why doesn't anyone love me?"

I don't own a PS3, but seriously they should go back to just messing around with FOX and PBS's web sites, that IS kinda funny.

Regardless, they're getting a little too over-zealous. That's never worked out in the end for anyone in history.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
ChildofGallifrey said:
Hey, at least they decided to announce it on Twitter, one of the most publicly monitored sites in existence. I'm sure Homeland Security is thanking you pricks for making their job that much easier!
They've hacked Sony Entertainment (Specifically the Japanese music site), AT&T, PBS, stolen ATM information, etc etc. After Sony, they plan to attack the FBI...this has been going on for a while and noone has been able to (Or possibly bothered to try and) stop them.

It's times like these where the 'force people to put their name and address next to everything they post to stop people from being pricks' thing doesn't seem too awful of an idea.

Edit: They were also the ones who brought down Sony Greece.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
AceAngel said:
Can anyone please tell me what's going on here? I haven't read a single reason as to why they're hacking Sony, legit or not.

A few months ago, a friend of mine slipped a secret email to Sony telling them of a breach that could be exploited on the PSN, they quickly patched that up and next thing I knew, my friend had PSN+ for a month with a nice thank you note by the side (his a tech-guru in programming for networks, so that explains).

Sony isn't some big company which like other companies, sues whenever someone mails them a hole in their service, they usually follow up with cake or something, maybe even thank you, and while Sony's current dealing with the latest breach was a fiasco at best, not even Extra Credits argument of 'sequel' games stood well (honestly, you guys want GoW3 still at full retail price in some countries?).

So again, I'll ask, what's going on and why?
"For the lulz". Dude, these are people from 4chan, there is no rhyme or reason to what they do other than grasping for the attention they don't get in real life.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
ChildofGallifrey said:
They've hacked Sony Entertainment (Specifically the Japanese music site), AT&T, PBS, stolen ATM information, etc etc. After Sony, they plan to attack the FBI...this has been going on for a while and noone has been able to (Or possibly bothered to try and) stop them.

It's times like these where the 'force people to put their name and address next to everything they post to stop people from being pricks' thing doesn't seem too awful of an idea.

Edit: They were also the ones who brought down Sony Greece.
Wow, this is a truly brilliant group. Multiple counts of what will be called cyberterrorism in court, then they state that they plan to attack the FBI?? Keep piling the felonies on, eh? This won't go on much longer. 'Pride goeth before the fall' and such.

And I definitely agree with what you said about putting your name down on everything. For the sake of security, I'm willing to let my identity be known (hell, I don't hide it as it is. I have my real name and a picture of me on my profile as it is).