Hackers Offer PSN Credit Cards For Sale

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
Since I use my debit card for pretty much everything, I'm not really as worried as I would be if it was my credit card. Besides, I opened the account JUST for situations such as this one, so yeah >.> *is getting new card right this moment*

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
thefreeman0001 said:
binvjoh said:
Here's to hoping I don't get screwed over for using a debit card once on a no longer active account on a console I hardly ever use.
amen! same situation! canceeld the card associated with it but still :mad:
Well you should be fine, then. Heading downtown tomorrow to check in with my bank.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Aw... I was hoping the guys would be the cool kind of hackers who were doing it to help us.

Now their just jack asses that should be shot.

Aw...

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
They climbin in yo networks, dey snatchin yo infos up, tryina sell em so y'all need to hide yo cash, hide yo banks, change yo cards, new ID, and get a PC cause Steam ain't been hacked yet!

Sorry for stoking the fires but I really couldn't resist, sorry to hear about this incident.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Meh, reported mine a week ago, got a new one sent (when it was first reported someone may have possible attempted to try to break in) and put a 90 day watch on my credit report. My biggest issue atm is that my kindle broke the next day so I had to use my old man's CC for them to ship a new one.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
bombadilillo said:
Call your banks people, get your cards replaced.

Imo everyone who ever bought anything online needs to be check there monies regularly. New card, change your email passwords, done.
SPREAD THIS EVERYWHERE SERIOUSLY HAVING THIS HAPPEN IS NOT FUN!!!

smut

Aug 4, 2007
I don't trust anything Sony says anymore. First it was only "maintenance" then it was an attack then it was 77 million users private data was stolen.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/29/homeland-security-fbi-looking-into-psn-breach/

And now the FBI is involved...

BilboB2

Apr 9, 2010
Well... over at the gamespot article on this, they had a link to what they claim was a picture of the post. Here you go:
http://krebsonsecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dk1.jpg
If you look close enough, you'll see that one of the things the seller claims to have is e-mail passwords. How did they get the people's e-mail passwords? This is starting to look like complete bs on the part of the "seller".
Just saying...

smut

Aug 4, 2007
BilboB2 said:
Well... over at the gamespot article on this, they had a link to what they claim was a picture of the post. Here you go:
http://krebsonsecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dk1.jpg
If you look close enough, you'll see that one of the things the seller claims to have is e-mail passwords. How did they get the people's e-mail passwords? This is starting to look like complete bs on the part of the "seller".
Just saying...
Notice how the PSN password isn't listed when we know for a fact PSN passwords were stolen. Occams Razor says the most likely thing is they meant PSN passwords, not email. Since your email is what you use to login into PSN, email password may mean PSN passwords. Just saying...

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
joebear15 said:
sonys in deep shit now, not quite dead in the water territory yet but it could get their .
Since when? This whole issue has attracted too much hype and it's not an isolated incident as Play.com were victims of a similar "breach of security" not too long ago. Personally I think this is excellent news as they've traced the idiots who have the balls....no wait I mean the complete lack of common sense and blurt it out.

I say track 'em down and put a police battering ram to even out some "kinks" in their front door. Then once or twice to their face in a case of "accidental police brutality" as I'm sure we all agree thieves need their heads kicked in

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Do I trust that people who were smart enough to hack Sony were then foolish enough to try and sell the information over the internet a.k.a where they are most likely to be caught. No, no I do not.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Mr.Petey said:
joebear15 said:
sonys in deep shit now, not quite dead in the water territory yet but it could get their .
Since when? This whole issue has attracted too much hype and it's not an isolated incident as Play.com were victims of a similar "breach of security" not too long ago. Personally I think this is excellent news as they've traced the idiots who have the balls....no wait I mean the complete lack of common sense and blurt it out.

I say track 'em down and put a police battering ram to even out some "kinks" in their front door. Then once or twice to their face in a case of "accidental police brutality" as I'm sure we all agree thieves need their heads kicked in
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/29/homeland-security-fbi-looking-into-psn-breach/

When the Department of Homeland Security has to come in and show you how it is done... That is when you are offically in 'Deep Shit' territory.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Mr.Petey said:
joebear15 said:

True, but if we assume that Sony aren't incompetent. (Hold with me here I know it's a stretch.) What do you think the likelihood of a bunch of the perpetrators going on a forum offering to sell the information? That's really stupid, besides the credit cards are pretty much worthless as they are hot property, no-one would seriously buy them. If any damage has been caused these guys/guy have cashed in and bought themselves a ticket to the Bahama's while Sony where scratching their heads and running round like headless chickens.