'Hail, Caesar!' Releases Featurette & Incredible Character Posters

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
'Hail, Caesar!' Releases Featurette & Incredible Character Posters

The Coen Brothers' latest gets a series of throwback posters and a behind the scenes featurette. Get hype.

For diehard fans of the Coen Brothers (*raises hand*), the duo's upcoming ensemble piece is nothing short of our Force Awakens. Set near the end of Hollywood's "Golden Age," Hail, Caesar! follows Josh Brolin's Eddie Mannix, a "fixer" attempting to solve the kidnapping of a prima donna star (played by George Clooney) from a major production, and also stars Jonah Hill, Scarlett Johansson, Channing Tatum, Tilda Swinton, and-STOP DRILLING, YOU'VE ALREADY STRUCK OIL!!

Suffice it to say, it would appear that the Coen's have another masterpiece on their hands, to the point that anything they release ahead of the film's premiere next Friday warrants a second glance. One such example: This great batch of throwback character posters. Another: A brief but glorious behind-the-scenes featurette.

So if you were somehow not already sold from the moment your ears heard the phrase "Coen brothers mystery comedy," or the moment your eyes saw Channing Tatum completing an elaborate dance number in a sailor's outfit, then maybe these promo materials will finally do the trick.

[gallery=5555]

Hail, Caesar! hits theaters on February 5th.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Normally George Clooney steals from Cary Grant in his Coen brothers appearances but this time he looks like he is doing Victor Mature in After the Fox

[img height=238 width=150 ]http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BP87J0/victor-mature-after-the-fox-1966-BP87J0.jpg[/img]

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Does anyone actually like Scarlet Johansson as an actor? I think she really is only in movies for one reason. Or should I say, two. Or technically three I guess? Maybe 4.

My only experience of her is in the Marvel movies, so it may be due to that.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
Does anyone actually like Scarlett Johansson as an actor? I think she really is only in movies for one reason. Or should I say, two. Or technically three I guess? Maybe 4.

My only experience of her is in the Marvel movies, so it may be due to that.
She is better than the marvel movies. All the parts are one dimensional and the plot is something that happens to string action sequences together. If you want deep characterisation you have to go elsewhere. If you want to see what Scarlett Johansson can do, go watch Her or Under the Skin.

Maroona

Jun 23, 2016
This is not just a comedy - that's great self-irony in Hollywood 1950s!!! I've never laughed more! Also glad to see Alden Ehrenreich - love him since Beautiful Creatures ( in case you haven't watched yet http://movie4k.sc/636-beautiful-creatures-2013.html ) So, Hail, Caesar! - 10 of 10!