Half-Life 3 Won't Be At E3 2014, Says Valve

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Seriously, Valve is even worse then crapcom. They'd rather spend 3 years just adding hats to TF2 and siphoning profits from their steam service then actually make video games. Are they even a game company anymore? Am I missing something?

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
MrBaskerville said:
It´ll be interesting, who releases something new first? Blizzard, Valve, Metallica, Necrophagist or Tool?
All of them. At the same time. As a joint project.
CALLING IT NOW.
But now that you mention it, a new Tool album would be nice... least I've got APC and Puscifer.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
valve said:
I can't confirm all too much since the development is still in early stages, but for now I can confirm that we are going to release on both current and next generation consoles and we will also release the game on our own platform exclusively for PC and Mac. We hope to have the first trailer ready for E3 2014.
Its not "Still in early stages", its "we just started actually making it". or are you saying that its another duke nukem that was redone so many times that its gonig to be a complete failure?

CBanana said:
I wonder how long we're going to get these articles before the gaming press gets bored and stops publishing them.

July 26, 2053: Valve Disavows Rumors that Half-Life 3 is Coming Out
August 7, 2113: According to Gaming Article, Every Use of 3 is a Clue that Half-Life 3 Will Come Out
July 5, 2154: Independent Crowd Fund for Half-Life 3 Reaches GDP of Europe and Valve Ignores It
August 2, 2173: Why did the FPS Genre Die Out? and How Come There's no Hype for Any FPS Except Half-Life 3?
January 2, 3333: Half-Life 3 Rumored to Come out March 3 (3/3/3333)
March 2, 3333: Valve says that Project is New Multiplayer Focused Holodeck Game, not Half-Life 3
December, 7 32162: All of Humanity Converted to Immortal Energy Orbs, Video Gaming Dies Out as Result
March 1, 33333: Fans Still Clamor for Half-Life 3, Hoping for March 3rd Announcement
\
Thank you for making my day, this was great and works just as expected. i agree with this prediction.

shadowuser10141

Jun 15, 2013
xPixelatedx said:
Seriously, Valve is even worse then crapcom. They'd rather spend 3 years just adding hats to TF2 and siphoning profits from their steam service then actually make video games. Are they even a game company anymore? Am I missing something?
Yeah they made Dota 2 a much bigger game than Half-Life.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
I still hope that it is in development and Valve are just screwing with people by not hyping it. Which is quite justifiable because they have a history of scrapping projects late in the development (original tf2 for one).

I hope that, the day before e3 one year valve hold a small press conference, preferably implying it's about something else entirely. Gabe will get on to the stage and slowly raise 3 fingers. He will say only this: "Preloading on steam when you finish watching me talk. Oh and it's free".

The internet would be an amazing place for those few days, and a massive amount of attention would be pulled from e3 by one tiny (relative to e3) event.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Anybody else just...kind of over it now? I mean, it's been nearly six years without a peep. And that was after Valve claimed to be releasing titles in the series...episodically...that didn't exactly go as planned.

Really. Either they say something positive about it or just stop reporting anything relating to it. Making another Duke out of this isn't going to end up anywhere good for anyone involved. D:

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
You know, they've been making us agonise about this game for so long... I'm over it. I'm not going to buy it if and when it's released no matter HOW good it looks or how many great reviews it gets. There's only so many playful shots to the spleen you can take before it leaves a bruise and you have to fucking hit back.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
This game has passed the point where it can meet expectations. In other words, expectations grow with time and by now they are too large for any game to meet.

I am pretty damn sick of hearing about it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Valve: Hey guys! Guess what? Half Life 3 STILL isn't out! Here! Have some more hats! :D

spwatkins

Nov 11, 2009
2clueless said:
If we are going for theories, I think Half-Life 3 is in developement. It has been for sometime. But, Valve is going for one of their experiments, just to see how it works. It is called the "No Hype" experiment. At some point in the hopefully near future, Half-Life 3 will be quietly released on Steam to no fanfare what-so-ever. It will just appear and stand on its own merits as people discover and play it.

Should be fun!
I think that they have, in fact, already released it. They called it "Ride to Hell" and planted lots of fake bad reviews so no one would play it.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I reject the comparisons to duke nukem. I've seen little, if anything, out of valve on the subject, and the topic only comes up every other week because people harass them about it ALL THE TIME

awesomcarter

Mar 25, 2011
*audible gasp*

also I like to think they will go all "400 days" in here relieving in the first trailer that the game will be released within a day of the first day

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
At this point, I don't even care much anymore. Why are the fans creating all this hype is Valve hasn't said nary a word confirming that it's being worked on?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I dont get why people care so much. HL2 was a fun game but it wasnt the god of games. The crab heads sucked as enemies, the ending was a joke and most of the game linear....though i loved the detail in the backgrounds. Also valve screwed over every fan by cancelling HL2 ep3, meaning fans wasted money on buying 2/3rds of a story. Yet Valve still get worshiped as heroes of the gaming world. An personally i dont think HL3 could live up to the hype fans have given it, its a game thats been wanted for around 8 years.

Capture said: think. create. do.
I guess that was aimed at valve.lol

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Proverbial Jon said:
Valve said...

Half-Life 3 Won't Be At E3 2014
... because it will have been released by then!

[sub][sub]Please![/sub][/sub]
Funny thing is, the only thing Valve said about this fake comment is...well...that it's fake.

That's it. They didn't say Half-Life 3 won't be at E32014. They didn't say it will be at E32014. They quite literally said nothing except that Mr. Guthrie didn't write that tweet.

Yet, as is par for the course, everyone is jumping to conclusions, making shit up, and speculating on false information.

I mean, seriously, it's bad enough when we get misleading news posts on the matter. We don't need the community stirring itself up with misinformation.

But anyway...as hopeless as I'm convinced it is I'll be wishing along with you that we see it before E32014.

Carrots_macduff said:
has everyone decided to ignore the statements concerning half life 3 that have actually come from valve? those ones that say they arent making it because they dont want to right now?

just let them make it on their own terms. i cant see valve bending to the whims of the masses and just doing it because of fanboy rage at this point, but if they were to do so, the game might suck.
better for the half life saga to not end at all than for it to end badly.
Professor James said:
At this point, I don't even care much anymore. Why are the fans creating all this hype is Valve hasn't said nary a word confirming that it's being worked on?
Except that...they have confirmed it. Several times in fact.

Some handy links.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/23/gabe-on-ricochet-2-delay-but-he-doesnt-mean-ricochet/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/07/15/half-life-3-or-episode-three
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Future_of_the_Half-Life_series

All of those from a quick and dirty Google search.

Honestly, I really don't get how there is any confusion on the matter anymore. I really don't. It's not like Half-Life 3 is simply the outcome of some fevered dream of Half-Life fans. It's not some wishful desire for a continuation of the series. It's a real thing. An active project.

Yes, Half-Life 3 is very likely still in development and has been, in one form or another, since Episode 2. No, there is no longer an Episode 3.

The only question that needs asking is, "When will it be finished?"

The answer of which is, "Who the hell knows?" I'm not even sure Valve knows at this point. Any other claims at this point are simply the community trolling the community. (which, of course, hasn't stopped the community from placing blame squarely on Valve's shoulders for said trolling)

SonOfVoorhees said:
I dont get why people care so much.
Yeah, I know, right? It's almost like people have differing opinions to yours.

How dare they, those dirty Plebeians!