Half of Japanese Females Think Virtual Girlfriends Are Superior

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Reading stuff like this, I realize that these dating sims are just Natural Selection 2.0

In stead of killing those too pathetic to live, it merely ensures they will never procreate.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Maybe this was meant as "If the virtual girlfriend were real, would they be superior to you?" question. WEll, at least would make a lot more sense.

Kinda ridiculous that so many have such a low self-esteem.
Also: i wanna go to Japan. NOW!

Feb 13, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
I get that some men out there might choose a virtual female over a real female, but for a woman to think she is inferior to a Nintendo DS game is pretty extreme.
Not that odd, given that Western males might feel inferior to Jacob or Edward, given certain recent films.

The fans sure do.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
It would be kind of sad to see the Japanese die out because the men only care about virtual women and think that real flesh and blood are icky.

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
o.o
If my boyfriend chose a virtual girl over me...
He would get a swift kick in the balls.
Maybe one reason why they choose those girls...

Then I would throw the DS at him and blame it on his virual girlfriend.
Hehehe...

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
This just in:

JaredXE hops on a plane to Japan to provide a big, American shoulder to cry on.

Seriously, I don't understand the otaku male mindset. When I went on vacation to Tokyo back in May, I found Japanese women to be rather friendly and awesome...oh yeah....and REAL. With real girl-parts that wouldn't electrocute you like if you tried to hump your DS.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Thank you, Japan, for being so utterly sad that it makes me look like the smoothest, most loveable lady-killing bastard on the planet by comparison.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
JaredXE said:
With real girl-parts that wouldn't electrocute you like if you tried to hump your DS.
I can already see a DS hardware add-on coming next year...

Tenmar said:
You know the odd part is? As a guy and my experience playing these games is that the gameplay essentially teaches men to learn how to be attentive to their spouse or girlfriend and that you gotta learn to better oneself in order to get their attention and of course the biggest reward is to actually have a relationship.

Yeah sure I understand the women in those games are meant to be "perfect" or "ideal" but even then depending on the game you learn that they do have faults of quirks like being shy, or being physically weak, and so on.
Sounds like you've got a bit Japanese boyfriend in you.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Right, now I know where I can find a woman who would date me. Now to work on that "Not being able to speak Japanese" Thing.

Calumon: This won't end well.
Relax Jack, any Japanese girl that would consider dating a gaijin already can speak English to some degree. Maybe not fluently, but then again you could always offer to help them learn more.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
So I can't imagine why, when all the nerds and scene kids are busy nicking japanese culture, they left this bit behind.

Really, it's a puzzle.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if women gather and riot Nintendo Headquarters for this.

Slavik_91

May 2, 2009
One of these days I'm gonna go all "Fuck this, I'm going to Japan, it can't possibly be this messed up!"

Feb 13, 2008
Tenmar said:
You know the odd part is? As a guy and my experience playing these games is that the gameplay essentially teaches men to learn how to be attentive to their spouse or girlfriend and that you gotta learn to better oneself in order to get their attention and of course the biggest reward is to actually have a relationship.
But the virtual girls don't change the rules all the time.

Ba-dum-tsch ;)

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
similar.squirrel said:
Seeing as vayjay-in-a-can is sold over there, I suppose they have some cause for concern. So should the rest of the world.
1) There's no "J" in "Vagina."

2) Because sex toys aren't sold in any other country in the world?

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Yes, and this is why Japan's population is going to crater in the coming years.