...screaming, “MICHAAAAEL!!”: Check
Ridiculous explanation #11 to how he survived: Pending

Last edited:

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Ridiculous explanation #11 to how he survived: Pending
It's not going to be more ridiculous than monks performing ritual sacrifice to the pagan god Samhain so Michael receives the Curse of Thorn, granting him immortality. Part of the deal is also having Michael either fuck his niece or, more probably, get jerked off by a monk who then proceeds to inseminate the daughter of Laurie Strode.

Halloween 6 sucked so hard we're counting three reboots now.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Only ever seen the original. Rented it from Netlix last August, bought it on UHD early this year, have watched it twice in total. Found it very good, but never felt it needed a sequel.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So the Halloween series is really going the way of the Helraiser series, in that its clearly a joke. It's all just nonsense until the blood starts.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
If it make money, it continue no matter what. Only way to kill unstoppable franchise is to starve of money.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You mean he DIDN'T burn to death at the end of the last movie? Shocker!!!!!

I sorta liked the last movie, but I also sorta didn't. And more Judy Greer ain't good for anyone, other than Judy Greer.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
You mean he DIDN'T burn to death at the end of the last movie? Shocker!!!!!

I sorta liked the last movie, but I also sorta didn't. And more Judy Greer ain't good for anyone, other than Judy Greer.
Judy Greer is as antithetical to a Halloween movie (and horror in general) as Danny McBride was to Alien: Covenant.

I make that connection because McBride happens to be writing this garbage. And that in turn explains the scene with the two cops having stoner banter in the police car. Also why Judy "Say Goodbye to these, Michael" Greer is around.

For a Freddy movie maybe, but giving Halloween to McBride would be like having Seth Rogen make... anything that isn't a Seth Rogen movie.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It's not going to be more ridiculous than monks performing ritual sacrifice to the pagan god Samhain so Michael receives the Curse of Thorn, granting him immortality. Part of the deal is also having Michael either fuck his niece or, more probably, get jerked off by a monk who then proceeds to inseminate the daughter of Laurie Strode.

Halloween 6 sucked so hard we're counting three reboots now.
That isn’t the one with Busta Rhymes is it? Also the one where Laurie *dies* IIRC.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
That isn’t the one with Busta Rhymes is it? Also the one where Laurie *dies* IIRC.
That's Halloween: Resurrection, the 8th movie in the series and basically an off-brand Scream clone. Rob Zombie rebooted the franchise after that, for the first or second time, depending on whether you consider H20 a soft reboot or not.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Judy Greer is as antithetical to a Halloween movie (and horror in general) as Danny McBride was to Alien: Covenant.

I make that connection because McBride happens to be writing this garbage. And that in turn explains the scene with the two cops having stoner banter in the police car. Also why Judy "Say Goodbye to these, Michael" Greer is around.

For a Freddy movie maybe, but giving Halloween to McBride would be like having Seth Rogen make... anything that isn't a Seth Rogen movie.
Danny McBride has a bit more range though. Like I could see him in a more nuanced or even scary role, like Randy Quaid in that one movie with James Woods. I can't say McBride made Covenant any more worse than it already was, Greer made Halloween '18 actively worse for me. The problem with McBride is that he needs to be reigned in, which can also be seen in the cop banter scene. Judy Greer however is just perputually stuck in her Arrested Developement expression, pun intended. She just cannot break out of that awkward, loopiness.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Danny McBride has a bit more range though. Like I could see him in a more nuanced or even scary role, like Randy Quaid in that one movie with James Woods. I can't say McBride made Covenant any more worse than it already was, Greer made Halloween '18 actively worse for me. The problem with McBride is that he needs to be reigned in, which can also be seen in the cop banter scene. Judy Greer however is just perputually stuck in her Arrested Developement expression, pun intended. She just cannot break out of that awkward, loopiness.
Not that I don't think Danny McBride doesn't have some range to him (only thing I can think of is his scene in Up in the Air, but yeah, he can be good), I just have a hard time stomaching comedic actors in horror movies. But that's more an indictment on studios trying to riff on Disney's snark-a-minute formula that requires directors to undercut any potential drama or scare with teen smarminess than on actors themselves.

Having said that Judy Greer is in way too many movies.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
That's Halloween: Resurrection, the 8th movie in the series and basically an off-brand Scream clone. Rob Zombie rebooted the franchise after that, for the first or second time, depending on whether you consider H20 a soft reboot or not.
So I looked it up and yeah, I pretty much had forgotten about that one (not a bad thing). However I also found this -

Might’ve been pretty interesting. Imagine Tarantino’s usual penchant for bombastic dialog, contrasted by Michael’s trademark stoicism. Maybe an occasional head cock.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Only ever seen the original. Rented it from Netlix last August, bought it on UHD early this year, have watched it twice in total. Found it very good, but never felt it needed a sequel.
Agreed, but I did like the anthology idea Carpenter had in mind. Halloween III is good movie, but people bitched. Kept whining "Where's Micahel!" Even though Loomis blew him and himself up to kingdom come. The real Halloween 4 is Trick R Treat and lives up to the anthology idea Carpenter originally wanted. I am not seeing the new Halloween film. Enough is enough.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
So I looked it up and yeah, I pretty much had forgotten about that one (not a bad thing). However I also found this -

Might’ve been pretty interesting. Imagine Tarantino’s usual penchant for bombastic dialog, contrasted by Michael’s trademark stoicism. Maybe an occasional head cock.
I'd watch anything QT makes but I have never put much stock whenever a rumor comes out about him taking over a franchise (Star Trek was the buzz a while ago). I just don't see him doing anything he wouldn't be able to claim 100% his own. Except Jackie Brown but even as an adaptation of a preexistent novel he pretty much launched Elmore Leonard to the big screen.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I'd watch anything QT makes but I have never put much stock whenever a rumor comes out about him taking over a franchise (Star Trek was the buzz a while ago). I just don't see him doing anything he wouldn't be able to claim 100% his own. Except Jackie Brown but even as an adaptation of a preexistent novel he pretty much launched Elmore Leonard to the big screen.
It wasn’t a rumor though; he actually made those comments. It just never happened.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It wasn’t a rumor though; he actually made those comments. It just never happened.

I know, I'm just saying I don't think he'd ever do it (or any other IP he didn't personally create) in the end, no matter how close he appears to get.