Halo 2 Players Refuse to Leave Xbox Live

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Maybe this means TF: FP will be finally backwards compatible! I heard the reason they couldn't do it is because of people still playing it online.

DivineSin

Dec 5, 2008
Baron Khaine said:
Its like the thing that happens to people in prison, I forget the name, where they can't make it on the outside because they've been on the inside for too long.

Those poor lost souls.
Institutionalized?

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Man I remember the goold old days of playing Zombie on halo 2. It wont take long before these guys are gone though but I respect their sentiment

Apr 28, 2008
zombie711 said:
microsoft will just realse halo 2 on xbox live, and all will be well.
No. They gave up on that releasing origional xbox titles online a while ago. Like last year.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
These people are just being stupid. I'm a massive Halo fanboy and I love Bungie to bits. And I even love Microsoft, since they've never done anything bad to me (and every time I've had any dealings with them I've been all the better for it, even when I had the RRoD and they replaced my console with a free three months of XBL thrown in).

Bungie and Microsoft together gave all Halo 2 users plenty of warning that almost everyone took as a case of "fair enough". Halo 2 was kept alive by Bungie for about four or five years after the Xbox 360's Live service came along, which is already impressive enough and a massive sign that Bungie and Microsoft do care somewhat about the gaming community. Not to mention that they threw in a bunch of extra support and nods to the community at the very end.

At the end of the day, the people who are remaining on their consoles are effectively kicking Bungie and Microsoft in the balls. That's a great way to thank the developer and publisher who did so much for you, isn't it?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Trivun said:
Bungie and Microsoft together gave all Halo 2 users plenty of warning that almost everyone took as a case of "fair enough". Halo 2 was kept alive by Bungie for about four or five years after the Xbox 360's Live service came along, which is already impressive enough and a massive sign that Bungie and Microsoft do care somewhat about the gaming community. Not to mention that they threw in a bunch of extra support and nods to the community at the very end.

At the end of the day, the people who are remaining on their consoles are effectively kicking Bungie and Microsoft in the balls. That's a great way to thank the developer and publisher who did so much for you, isn't it?
This statement is 100% and total truth.

baker80

Oct 17, 2008
So, what exactly is the point of this? Is it impossible to play Halo 2 on the regular new Xbox Live, or are they just doing this for kicks? Halo is like THE official "drunk frat boy" game (not your average compulsive-obsessive videogame sperglord, surely), so I'm surprised that anyone would care enough to keep these servers up for even an extra second if there was an alternative.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Why didn't Bungie just add the Halo 2 maps into Halo 3 multi? Or are the games somehow different? Do Halo 2 fans not like Halo 3?

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Aw, and there I thought you were linking to a MegaLoMania capture...
Which sort of links into why it's hard to get myself worked up for all these online services. It's so completely ephemeral and fleeting. All those unlocked achievements? When they come to shut down the service... gone. And it's something that the next generation can't participate in and by that measure ever hope to understand. And if you want to revisit the good old days, playing a favourite title with a few friends... not possible.

Is it not maybe possible that they just like halo 2 more than halo 3 for some reason? Perhaps the multiplayer in 3 jumped the shark for them somehow? (Can't see it myself, but won't discount it).
Or they just want to keep on recreating classic Red vs Blue scenes forever more.

Welp, back to the 4-way one-screen bomberman.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
What I don't get is why. I don't know much about Xbox Live, but can they now no longer play games online or something?

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
This is just dumb and pointless. It won't accomplish a thing except making themselves seem like those old recluses that refuse to leave their homes even though there's a fire or bug infestation plaguing them.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
FinalDream said:
Why didn't Bungie just add the Halo 2 maps into Halo 3 multi? Or are the games somehow different? Do Halo 2 fans not like Halo 3?
I don't think Halo 3 has the headshot pistol thing that Halo 2 has. But a Halo 2 map pack release would make sense. But maybe they're going to release them all at once for Halo REach with options to take out the jetpacks, etc.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Well I suppose they can be congratulated for this, though I think they're going a bit overboard.