Halo 3 Editions Clarified

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Halo 3 Editions Clarified

Three separate Halo 3 sales editions detailed and priced.

Though Microsoft already said Halo 3 would be released in three different versions, details concerning the different editions have only recently been announced.

The Standard Edition is only the basic Halo 3 game for $59.99. Halo 3: Limited Edition, which carries a $69.99 price tag, is packaged in a metal case that holds a bonus behind-the-scenes development documentary and a Halo fiction and art collector's booklet.

The long-awaited Legendary Edition is included in a miniaturized Spartan helmet that holds the game and two bonus discs, one of which is the same "making-of" featurette also included in the Limited Edition. Disc two has a remastered collection of the cut-scenes from Halo and Halo 2, with additional commentary from the developers, and exclusive machinima from Red vs. Blue and This Spartan Life. Also included is a "rare" art storyboard from artist Lee Wilson. This massive compilation costs a whopping $129.99.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Don't worry too much, man. I'm still not willing to pay $60, and I think really hard about $50. I cancel out at least one of those people.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I will pay $60 for Halo 3. More than that ... I dunno. The cat might look stellar wearing that helmet, but $130 is a chunk of change for a game.

Bongo Bill

Jul 13, 2006
I might play a friend's copy.

Ha! Take that; I am totally spending less money on Halo 3 than any of you guys.

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
I own a cat, and I don't care how much the Legendary Edition costs, but I must replace my internet avatars with a picture of my kitty wearing that helmet.

ReedRichards

Dec 5, 2006
Bongo Bill said:
I might play a friend's copy.

Ha! Take that; I am totally spending less money on Halo 3 than any of you guys.
Right there with you. After Halo 2 ending around what I assumed was the middle of the game and the talking plant I'm not as excited as the last two times. Don't get me wrong its a great franchise, but a talking plant? Is this Little Shop of Halo? And the final boss wasn't even hard, I was so dissapointed.

As far as price, there's no way I could justify spending $130 on any game. And $70 for the limited edition is a bit of a stretch too.

te2rx [deprecated]

Jul 19, 2006
heh, that's kind of neat... the Halo crazy edition. Makes me think of limited/collector's editions of stuff in Japan. For a lot of nerd-interest things, there's always some super edition of it for ~250% the normal price. I even know someone who bought the mega box of the second Ghost in the Shell flick for an astronomical $500. I guess Microsoft is seeing if that kind of thing would work here.