Halo 3 Limited Edition May Be Very Limited

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Halo 3 Limited Edition May Be Very Limited

The review copy recieved by The Escapist (at left) was similarly afflicted.

The standard edition ($60) and legendary edition ($130), which do not use the same packaging design, appear unaffected.

Gamespot and Microsoft have not commented on the matter to GameDaily.

Source: Gamedaily [http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17529]

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I can confirm this as well. The copy The Escapist received was similarly damaged. Story updated with scratch-a-riffic pics.

jlaakso

Jul 14, 2006
Oh man, such a letdown for many. :/ I guess they'll make it right, but more waiting for some. I'm glad my review copy is a standard retail version (with the promo covers, though).

KurtNiisan

Sep 25, 2007
I can shed a little more light on this.

I work for a Electronics retail chain in New Zealand and we received our game stock last Friday. All but one of our Limited Edition tins had loose game discs. After a call to Head Office, we found that it was a worldwide manufacturing fault with the tin designs. Microsoft basically said (unofficially) that due to the way the disc was authored the scratches shouldn't affect the game at all, but in the very slim chance it did take it back to your retailer and they'd replace it... if they had any stock left.

Me, I got the Legendary Edition so no problems for me ^^

jilas

Sep 5, 2007
that rly gay i meen you buy someting new and expensif and its alredy scratch. it work ya but when you buy someting new you whant the dam ting new and not like it was preplay.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
jilas said:
that rly gay i meen you buy someting new and expensif and its alredy scratch. it work ya but when you buy someting new you whant the dam ting new and not like it was preplay.
haha LOLZ! my dwonloaded vrsion haven't no scratches!!1!