Halo 3 Outsells PS3's Heavy Hitters Combined

Im Nightmare

Mar 16, 2010
demoman_chaos said:
Nihilism_Is_Bliss said:
there ARE roughly twice as many xbox's as ps3 out there.
Not quite there.
PS3 sales are quickly catching up the the 360 (only about 4 mil worldwide behind, despite the year headstart), and most of the 360 sales are repeat buyers who are on their 3rd or 4th one at least.
Thats a load of BS. You know when an xbox breaks Microsoft fixes them. So please stfu I have 3 xboxs in my house only one of them broke. Guess what Microsoft fixed it for free.
Also out of my friends only three other 360s broke. Thats out of 20 different 360s. Guess what Microsoft fixed all three of those.

Now only one of my friends own a Ps3 or as we like to call it a cheap Blu-ray player.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Im Nightmare said:
Thats a load of BS. You know when an xbox breaks Microsoft fixes them. So please stfu I have 3 xboxs in my house only one of them broke. Guess what Microsoft fixed it for free.
Also out of my friends only three other 360s broke. Thats out of 20 different 360s. Guess what Microsoft fixed all three of those.

Now only one of my friends own a Ps3 or as we like to call it a cheap Blu-ray player.
A friend of mine is on their 3rd. Another friend's 260 busted after attempting to play Fable 2. It broke the DVD drive, which isn't covered.
Out of all the people I know with PS3's, 0 have ever been broken.
And note how you said you yourself have 3. Majority of 360 users have purchased multiple 360's like you did. Which means the 1-used per 2 sold ratio is fairly accurate.
And a 1/3 failure rate is not proof of quality.

When it comes to reliability, MS has never been up to par.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
It might have something to do with not as many people owning PS3s. The xbox is just an easier to access console, but the PS3 has somewhat more sophistication about it.

Of course, they'll never beat the PC master race

/fanboyism
Heh, PC exclusives sell even less :/ So Actually, they would.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
demoman_chaos said:
Im Nightmare said:

A friend of mine is on their 3rd. Another friend's 260 busted after attempting to play Fable 2. It broke the DVD drive, which isn't covered.
Out of all the people I know with PS3's, 0 have ever been broken.
And note how you said you yourself have 3. Majority of 360 users have purchased multiple 360's like you did. Which means the 1-used per 2 sold ratio is fairly accurate.
And a 1/3 failure rate is not proof of quality.

When it comes to reliability, MS has never been up to par.
My 360 has failed twice now, both times fixed for free.
My PS3 however, constantly freezes and the updates take FOREVER. it's like a 10 minute wait just to play a new game =/ (and i've only had this for 2 weeks!)

Zackary Yakumo

Mar 29, 2010
Mr.Wiggles said:
PS3'S are in most cases more expensive hence less sales hence less games sold.

I don't mean to deflate Halo's success but that list is missing MGS4...
Just wait for Gran Turismo 5.Fanboys are going be coming back after that. And trust me, i know a hell of a lot of people that are waiting to buy the ps3 just because they know that there is going to be a special gran turismo edition playstation 3.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Mcface said:
People are only counting physical transactions, digital sales have not been tallied.
Considering that companies still make PC exclusive games, I'm guessing it's pretty profitable.

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
Firetaffer said:
Haha did anyone else misread the title as 'Halo 3 Outsells PS3's Heavy Hitlers Combined'?
I didn't. It wasn't funny by the way.
Funny? No I was being serious. If you want funny I can send you a couple of youtube links.

If you want some more funny stuff just ask.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Firetaffer said:
Aura Guardian said:
Firetaffer said:
Haha did anyone else misread the title as 'Halo 3 Outsells PS3's Heavy Hitlers Combined'?
Funny? No I was being serious. If you want funny I can send you a couple of youtube links.

Ah. I assumed with the "haha" it was a joke.
And that video was interesting. Not funny. but interesting.

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
Firetaffer said:
Aura Guardian said:
Firetaffer said:

Ah. I assumed with the "haha" it was a joke.
And that video was interesting. Not funny. but interesting.
Ah Ok, I put the haha there because I was shocked when I first read it, had to read it several times, then I got it and laughed at myself..

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Dark assassin for hire said:
THANK YOU!! now I have another reason to tell my friend that the ps3 is super man 64... or just say it strait "it is shitty compared to the 360, don't get a ps3."
Reported for trolling.

Because I hope you aren't serious.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
that kind of news create trolls and trolling, i'm not surprised about that since Microsoft gets more profit by making you, the gamer PAY for it's online.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Mcface said:
Captain Pancake said:
It might have something to do with not as many people owning PS3s. The xbox is just an easier to access console, but the PS3 has somewhat more sophistication about it.

/fanboyism
People who make PCs make millions in other revenues anyway, so we can be assured of our continued existence. When was the last time you could create a spreadsheet, spellcheck, collate, and email it to your entire contacts list on an Xbox?

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
Mcface said:
Captain Pancake said:

/fanboyism
People who make PCs make millions in other revenues anyway, so we can be assured of our continued existence. When was the last time you could create a spreadsheet, spellcheck, collate, and email it to your entire contacts list on an Xbox?
I'm sure if it was a demanded feature, it would be there.
Also, we are talking gaming platforms. If we are going to argue it that way, Microsoft also makes (a lot more) millions with other products.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Aaron Greenberg has a dream job, being a douche and getting payed. I'd love to punch him in the face though.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
I'm very proud to say I'm not one of the fanboy saps who contributed to that number. Halo got MUCH worse after the first game. End of story.

ghostracoon16

Jan 27, 2010
A large number of people got Halo 3 JUST for the multiplayer, and didn't even think twice about the campaign, and since the Xbox 360's online community is much larger then the PS3's by far, more people will of bought Halo 3, then any game on the PS3. I think the main problem with the PS3, is that it was so expensive when it got released, and the economy right now isn't perfect, causing gamers to goto the 360 because it was only like $150 + $50 a year for Xbox Live(Plus most people ended up with a year or two of free Xbox Live with membership cards from different things), versus $400 for the PS3 with free online.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
This is still being commented on? Oh... I'll just reiterate my statement of saying "Good for you, Bungie" for making a fun game, and say that I am one of those
Daedalus1942 said:
fanboy saps who contributed to that number

Ryan Richardson

Jul 7, 2010
1deano1 said:
I really don't see how they can compare a game that has been out for what, 3 years? To games that have been out for a maximum of 2. Plus as other people have stated, the 360 is notorious for being a game breaker so people have had to buy multiple copies due to them constantly breaking.
You seem to be missing something tho. 1 game thats been out for 3 years, against 6 games, 2 of which have been out for 4, and not sure about the others.

If you add the time they have all been out, they beat halo. its atleast 3years to 5years.

1flagship game agaisnt 6flagship games.

They never said they were the biggest PS3 games. They were just saying, 6 PS3 flagship games got beat by 1 360 flagship game. It doesn't matter how long they we're out, if its more then a month, and it has 5 other games added to it, it's sad.

Halo is an amazing franchise, you can't say otherwise. PS3 has good games, but this is just showing that Xbox 360 has one game to crush 6 of their flagships.

And these stats are real, they we're taken off of NPD. Which if you don't know what that is, displays the american sales for video games, atleast, thats where this was taken from.

And i have never had a copy of Halo 3 break. Never had a disk eaten by a Xbox 360 (Which i have 3 of in my house) and i have never known anyone who has had a disk eaten. The damage in that picture is not done by a xbox 360 unless someone shook it like a snow globe in which case, any system would of done that level of damage. If you move a system, it scratches the disk, thats how it is. Xbox 360 goes a circle in the center of the disk, its not all over like that. the circle is literally about a centimeter thick and a perfect circle areound the entire disk, but in most cases, they disk is still playable.