Halo 3 Outsells PS3's Heavy Hitters Combined

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You know what they say, "mediocrity sells".

Oh I'm sorry, did I sound like a fanboy there?

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I forgot the amount of sales dictated how good a game is.

Meaningless statistics ftw! Silly MS and their advertising.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Who cares. All we want to know is which A list celebrities they are going to wheel out at their press conference this year to insincerely pretend they give a flying one about video games.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Mr.Wiggles said:
Pipotchi said:
Thats not even a remotely fair compararison,, God of War three only just come out didnt it?
Well its not fair considering its 1 VS 6.

Would 7 games make this much more impressive??
I dont care about the overall result either way it just seems like he is presenting the data in such a way as to cause massive troll infestation.

Heres one, In Japan MGS4 outsold all the Halos, Gears of War, Forza fablesetc, I just guessed that but its probably true :). My point is that only a fickle mush head would get excited by it

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
It's a meaningless number said in a way that suggest it isn't. It's a lot like what Fox News routinely does when it comes to Obama. "We're not saying he's a terrorist, but he used to hang out with this guy who used to be a terrorist...that's all we're saying"

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Ahhh the pre-E3 flamebait.
Nobody does it like MS.

Really this isn't too surprising. Halo has a lot of rabid fanboys.
Also doesn't the 360 have a disc eating problem? There are probably a lot of people who had to buy it twice.

My Warhawk disc still works but if my ps3 decided to sandpaper it, I would probably buy it again.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
It is rather notable I guess.

Ninja Tank said:
the reason it sells so much cause people have to buy multiple copies I'm on my 3rd i think. They break real easy in the 360 cause even if you move it a inch it just scratches the disk beyond anything playable
Why are you moving your 360 when it's running a disc? If you rotate any machine with an extending (Xbox 360 type) or pulling (Wii type) disc drive while it's running the disc the disc will be scratched.

Plus pretty much any movie/game rental store or electronics retailer will be able to polish away scratches making the disc playable again for a small fee.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Nice final remark, Mr. Funk. As much as I love Halo, this guy was being a prick bragging about its sales.

ark123 said:
McDonalds outsells every 5 star restaurant in the planet combined by several orders of magnitude.
Did you say Halo 3 was McDonalds while those games were 5 star restaurants? Resistance 1 was good, 2 was meh, both the Uncharteds were ruined by the main character, KZ2 had good multiplayer balanced by boring, cliched single player, but GoW 3 was great.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
ark123 said:
McDonalds outsells every 5 star restaurant in the planet combined by several orders of magnitude.
Winner. This is rather pathetic that game developers need to value themselves this way.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Ahhh the pre-E3 flamebait.
Nobody does it like MS.

Really this isn't too surprising. Halo has a lot of rabid fanboys.
It is surprising when you consider how easy it would be for a sony fanboy to just throw in something about how many playstations 1,2 and 3 combined were returned for spontaneously breaking for no good reason though

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Regardless of what any of you saying "God Of War has been out for a month" it has still sold more than 5 other massive games that Sony was adamant on and that for almost any game is impressive

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
The Rookie Gamer said:
Did you say Halo 3 was McDonalds while those games were 5 star restaurants? Resistance 1 was good, 2 was meh, both the Uncharteds were ruined by the main character, KZ2 had good multiplayer balanced by boring, cliched single player, but GoW 3 was great.
No, I didn't. Read the paragraph carefully. But it seems like I did, right? I just threw in a random meaningless number that seems to suggest something.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Well, er... blimey.

The small Sony fanboy part of me just felt beat, lol... aaah wells :p

Good for Bungie! I hope they get as much success with the multi platform game they're working on right now :)

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
The entertaining thing about this, is that, if Microsoft fans accept this as "Because it's a better series" it therefore means that the Wii is a better console due to selling more.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
John Funk said:
"Just in from research team (NPD): Halo 3 has outsold Resistance 1 + 2, Uncharted 1+2, Killzone 2 and God of War III COMBINED....wow[.]"
While it's an achievement for Bungie, I thought it was meant to be "PS3's heavy hitters", GOW3 has only recently come out, and where's MGS4 and Little Big Planet? (I'd personally consider those to be PS3's signature titles).

Still impressive, but the list seems a little lacking.

EDIT:

Cingal said:
The entertaining thing about this, is that, if Microsoft fans accept this as "Because it's a better series" it therefore means that the Wii is a better console due to selling more.
Your so right it hurts haha.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I present to you undeniable and irrefutable proof that humanity is not only amazing stupid, but also that we, as a species, are completely more screwed with every passing generation.