Halo 3 Outsells PS3's Heavy Hitters Combined

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
ark123 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ahhh the pre-E3 flamebait.
Nobody does it like MS.

Really this isn't too surprising. Halo has a lot of rabid fanboys.
It is surprising when you consider how easy it would be for a sony fanboy to just throw in something about how many playstations 1,2 and 3 combined were returned for spontaneously breaking for no good reason though
True but the rrod isn't as relevant as the 360's penchant for eating discs... and digesting them from the looks of it.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/disc%20scratched%20by%20360/realitymaniac/IMG_0227.jpg
This is probably one of those copies of Halo 3.

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
Here's the best part: if you dislike Halo 3 then you've got nothing else to play on the 360. Since everything else is pretty generic or on the PC.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
ark123 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Nobody does it like MS.

It is surprising when you consider how easy it would be for a sony fanboy to just throw in something about how many playstations 1,2 and 3 combined were returned for spontaneously breaking for no good reason though
True but the rrod isn't as relevant as the 360's penchant for eating discs... and digesting them from the looks of it.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/disc%20scratched%20by%20360/realitymaniac/IMG_0227.jpg
Jesus Christ, are you sure the person didn't rub the dvd against a rock or something? Does this really happen a lot?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Well, good for Bungie. Personally, I don't give a damn. Even if the entire planet bought Halo 3 I would still rather buy God of War III.
A lot of people liked Halo 3 and they apparently bought it. That just means that a lot of people have different taste in games, nothing more.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Great sales don't make a good or better game.
Baten Kaitos sold under the million from what I remember. Same goes for Beyond good and evil.
50 Cent Bullet proof had around 2 million sold.

And don't even get me started on MW2..

Also this

Notthatbright

Apr 13, 2010
Man Microsoft know how to troll, don't they?

Halo 3 = McDonalds
Resistance = Burger King
KZ2 = Wendy's
GOW3 = Taco Bell
Uncharted 2 = Ihop

WOW = Coca Cola laced with Cocaine.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Halo 3 probably is the best selling 360 game though, so thanks for the confirmation it sold well.
I think this guy wants a chufty badge.

I have four games on the list, none of which are Halo 3. (although Resistance should count).

Apr 28, 2008
Lets compare those numbers with Nintendo's products. Oh thats right, you and Sony have decided to ignore Nintendo since all their stuff outsells yours by a fuckton, and now your trying to get in on the "waggle" market while Nintendo is already thinking of what they're going to do next that will also sell more than anything you put out.

Sorry to sound fanboyish there.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Pipotchi said:
Thats not even a remotely fair compararison,, God of War three only just come out didnt it?
Its not like the other 5 games it went up against haven't been out for ages right? Or its 1v6.
Not fair? Please.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Wii games are horrible so I wouldn't want to compare my game to a wii game under any circumstances! Wii games are completely out of the 360 and PS3's league when it comes to quality... It's a wonder how casual gamers, non gamers and gamers who kept buying wii games managed to buy so many of 'em!

Scott Mansley

Mar 29, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
ark123 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Nobody does it like MS.

Zoom in on the first picture..

Ok..

1... That's a blu-ray disc as far as I can tell.. The 360 doesn't use them.. I'm guessing that's a ps3 disc?

2. The 360 does not do that type of damage on a disc, If you move it slightly, It creates a perfect clean circle around the centre of the disc. And only the centre

3. Compare the inner part of the disc to the disc on the second page... Totally different dude :p

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I wouldnt be surprised, but, seems a little bit...optimistic? Id love to see where they got the info for this from

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Pipotchi said:
Thats not even a remotely fair compararison,, God of War three only just come out didnt it?
Yes, but it's also being added to the sales of 5 other games.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, thats one massive chunk of flamebait right there.

ark123 said:
McDonalds outsells every 5 star restaurant in the planet combined by several orders of magnitude.
And you sir, have won the thread.

Dr Megadeth

May 23, 2010
What they're trying (microsoft) to state is that they released a better title at least 2 years before any decent competition from the main competitor.

I'm no fanboy to any console, but it seems alot of the flaming is coming from PS3 corner. To be fair to Halo, it exists for the competitive gaming. MLG haven't kept it their flagship title for 6 years! (halo 2 2004-2007, halo 3 2007-2010).

Yes, I am a H3 Multiplayer freak. I'm never going to deny that. It's a great multiplayer and I encourage the flaming if someone tries to say that Killzone/Resistance has a better multiplayer.

Cross-Platforms; MW2 is crap which managed to buy its release sales with all this additional crap, but once the talented, strategic thinkers realised that the depth is just a big hole of misery what was placed on the front cover to create a vortex that sucked your money out of your wallet, they decided to go back to Gears/Halo/Killzone and the original Modern Warfare to actually play a game.

however, God of War 3 and other upcoming exclusives is the best reason to pick up a ps3. I've played it and Halo 3 ain't got shit on it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Scott Mansley said:
GonzoGamer said:
ark123 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Nobody does it like MS.

Zoom in on the first picture..

Ok..

1... That's a blu-ray disc as far as I can tell.. The 360 doesn't use them.. I'm guessing that's a ps3 disc?

2. The 360 does not do that type of damage on a disc, If you move it slightly, It creates a perfect clean circle around the centre of the disc. And only the centre

3. Compare the inner part of the disc to the disc on the second page... Totally different dude :p
I dont think its a ps3 disc, ps3 discs depiste being blu-ray are not blue. 0.0