Halo 3: Recon to Now be Known as Halo 3: ODST

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Halo 3: Recon to Now be Known as Halo 3: ODST

Bungie switches the title of their upcoming campaign expansion pack, nothing regarding the game has changed and yes, you can still has Recon armor.

Whether or not Bungie felt odd about releasing a game named after a piece of armor that people have been known to Halo 3: ODST [http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/933/933332p1.html][/I].

In a news item on its official website, community staffer Brian Jarrard says that the new title is "a more straight forward account of the experience that awaits and the role you will assume as you explore the streets of New Mombasa." The name, Halo 3: ODST, is the acronym for "Orbital Drop Shock Trooper [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/ODST]," the soldiers that you'll be taking control of when the game ships Fall 2009.

"This special forces branch of the UNSC military force is called into action for highly specialized, small scale operations," explains Jarrard. "ODST units were deployed during portions of the Halo 2 and Halo 3 campaign and have also been featured in some of the Halo novels."

Aside from the change in title, nothing else concerning the game has been altered. You still assume the role of an ODST, sneaking about the ruins of New Mombasa in search for your missing squad. The title change also doesn't affect the opportunity to acquire the much coveted official website [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87413-Halo-3-Recon-Info-Reveals-the-Ultimate-Prize] being changed made to reflect the new title.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
im sure there could be amusing alternate words for that acronym. Alas I cant think of any :(

edit:
Operations Down Satans Trousers

Octogenarians Do [the] Silliest Things

Khell_Sennet said:
Over Done Sequel Trash?
That just about covers all bases :-D

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Khell_Sennet said:
Over Done Sequel Trash?
Last time I checked, 4 is less than 13; if you want to point to overdone sequel trash, it's not the Halo franchise you need to be looking at...

Our Developers Slaving Tirelessly on diverse scenario templates.

-- Steve

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Even though I do agree with Khell Sennet often, I'll have to disagree. I think that ODST is going to be a good game, if though a bit bland if you're not familiar with the halo universe.

I know I'm going to buy it. I think that Bungie should take this road, that is, stepping away from Master Chief as the main character. Sure, he's an icon, but he also gives the audience a skewed image of the war against the Covenant.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Um, okay?

Big whoop, though I don't understand why they felt the need to change the title.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
AceDiamond said:
smallharmlesskitten said:
lukemdizzle said:
Khell_Sennet said:
Over Done Sequel Trash?
hold your judgment until the game actually comes out
No.... It's Halo. It's Sequel trash until we are proved otherwise
Ok.

*proves otherwise*

See look at that I can force opinions too!
*facedesk*

I was pointing out the fact that he said we should hold our judgement. Are we not allowed to dislike anything associated with Halo now?

*sorely tempted to godwin*

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
AceDiamond said:
lukemdizzle said:
Khell_Sennet said:
Over Done Sequel Trash?
Ok.

*proves otherwise*

*facedesk*

I was pointing out the fact that he said we should hold our judgement. Are we not allowed to dislike anything associated with Halo now?

So you say to hold judgement and yet you've already passed a pre-emptive judgement

It doesn't work that way.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
AceDiamond said:
lukemdizzle said:
Khell_Sennet said:
Over Done Sequel Trash?
Ok.

*proves otherwise*

*facedesk*

ya the only problem is that Halo is a young franchise (3 games as aren't that many for games) bungie has stated that its their last halo project and that none of the other games have been trash. you can think otherwise but they've all optioned tremendous critical acclaim and have been some of the most played games consistently.

and the game has an awesome logo

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
AceDiamond said:
So you say to hold judgement and yet you've already passed a pre-emptive judgement

Are you smoking crack?

He said to hold judgement.
My reply was saying that anyone can have an opinion. I judge Halo games before they are out because they will be a generic shooter with a dude in a power suit. (opinion)I know there are better shooters out there(/opinion)

What are you? The opinion police?

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
AceDiamond said:

Are you smoking crack?

My reply was saying that anyone can have an opinion. I judge Halo games before they are out because they will be a generic shooter with a dude in a power suit. (opinion)I know there are better shooters out there(/opinion)

yes but making a final judgment based on absolutely nothing is flawed logic especially when bungie has stated that they completely reworked their gameplay formula and it will be a very different feeling game than the previous 3

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Are you smoking crack?

Just nitpicking, but you're not going to be a dude in a power suit, if you play ODST's. They're not into the strenght and reflex magnifying armour with a powerful shield.