Halo 3: Recon to Now be Known as Halo 3: ODST

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
smallharmlesskitten said:
AceDiamond said:
So you say to hold judgement and yet you've already passed a pre-emptive judgement

It doesn't work that way.
Are you smoking crack?

He said to hold judgement.
My reply was saying that anyone can have an opinion. I judge Halo games before they are out because they will be a generic shooter with a dude in a power suit. (opinion)I know there are better shooters out there(/opinion)

What are you? The opinion police?
yes but making a final judgment based on absolutely nothing is flawed logic especially when bungie has stated that they completely reworked their gameplay formula and it will be a very different feeling game than the previous 3
Who are you to say my logic is flawed?

Am I not allowed to have pre-concieved notions about a game?

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
AceDiamond said:
So you say to hold judgement and yet you've already passed a pre-emptive judgement

Are you smoking crack?

My reply was saying that anyone can have an opinion. I judge Halo games before they are out because they will be a generic shooter with a dude in a power suit. (opinion)I know there are better shooters out there(/opinion)

yes but making a final judgment based on absolutely nothing is flawed logic especially when bungie has stated that they completely reworked their gameplay formula and it will be a very different feeling game than the previous 3

nobody said your not allowed to anything. Im just trying to encourage you to keep an open mind and lighten up a little

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
lukemdizzle said:
AceDiamond said:

Are you smoking crack?

nobody said your not allowed to anything. Im just trying to encourage you to keep an open mind and lighten up a little
In case you can't tell... I do not like Halo in any of it's forms. It is a competent game but what it has done to gaming as a whole makes me hate it... A lot. If this game truly brings something new I may like it more. But for now I do not want to touch the disk.

(PS: "Let's be like Halo"-- Yahtzee. That quote sums up what most shooters want to be these days. And it pisses me off to see innovation thrown down the tubes in order to cash in on the frat-boy demographic)

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
lukemdizzle said:
AceDiamond said:

Are you smoking crack?

In case you can't tell... I do not like Halo in any of it's forms. It is a competent game but what it has done to gaming as a whole makes me hate it... A lot. If this game truly brings something new I may like it more. But for now I do not want to touch the disk.

(PS: "Let's be like Halo"-- Yahtzee. That quote sums up what most shooters want to be these days. And it pisses me off to see innovation thrown down the tubes in order to cash in on the frat-boy demographic)
Yes because that's exactly what I am. Oh wait, seems I don't belong to any frats nor do I harbor that mentality. Nice to see you seem to know who people are without knowing them.

Also this would be ironic if you have played and enjoyed Gears of War so let's hope not :p

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
Ahem... Oh, Don't Start This!

Seriously, can we have a board that doesn't devolve into flame war for once?

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Yes because that's exactly what I am. Oh wait, seems I don't belong to any frats nor do I harbor that mentality. Nice to see you seem to know who people are without knowing them.

Also this would be ironic if you have played and enjoyed Gears of War so let's hope not :p
*facedesk* It's called a stereotype. Every "Hardcore" Halo player I have met in real life is an idiot or a jerk... or an asshat to the highest degree. I am not making a judgement about you.

And no I did not enjoy gears either. I would Bitchslap CliffyB if I met him. (For many reasons)

No can we stop this and accept that I do not like Halo and will not like this game?

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
lukemdizzle said:
AceDiamond said:

Are you smoking crack?

jesus christ Its a fun game. It isn't Bungie's fault that other games copied it but didn't execute it as well. and if you really don't like what it has done to other games than don't play them, problem salved.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
jesus christ Its a fun game. It isn't Bungie's fault that other games copied it but didn't execute it as well. and if you really don't like what it has done to other games than don't play them, problem salved.
Look up

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
AceDiamond said:

*facedesk* It's called a stereotype. Every "Hardcore" Halo player I have met in real life is an idiot or a jerk... or an asshat to the highest degree. I am not making a judgement about you.

And no I did not enjoy gears either. I would Bitchslap CliffyB if I met him. (For many reasons)

No can we stop this and accept that I do not like Halo and will not like this game?
really because almost every halo hatter Iv met is a condescending prick who thinks they know more about games than anybody. Im a "hard core" halo fan but I realize it has some flaws which are heavily outweighed by its strengths and I also play lots of other games which I enjoy so please hold your judgment and chill out

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
I don't know if ODST sounds better, but I guess Recon sort of made me think the game would be like SC or something...
I guess ODST sort of represents the game better.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
mg66368 said:
Okay people enough with the Halo 3 ODST bashing. It maybe another cow cash in for Bungie and Microsoft but that's no reason to whine about it when the game isn't even released yet. Remember kids, it's just a spin off, almost every big name game franchise has one and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Let's all stop our whining and wait to see how this game will turn out. I'm not a big Halo 3 fan but I'm interested to see how this game would turn out.
good idea

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
really because almost every halo hatter Iv met is a condescending prick who thinks they know more about games than anybody. Im a "hard core" halo fan but I realize it has some flaws which are heavily outweighed by its strengths and I also play lots of other games which I enjoy so please hold your judgment and chill out
I'm nto being condescending. I am simply stating an OPINION. Get that into your skull. I.DO.NOT.LIKE.HALO. and I there is next to nothing you can say to change that. I simply do not like it. It's that simple

Seriously. How old are you? You are acting extremely immaturely when you are unable to take someones opinion of a game.

I'm gonna stop now bcause your obviously not going to let me have an opinion. Trust me I am very chilled.

(PS: stopping people from having opinions is comparable to Hitler. That's right. I Godwin'd to stop this goddammed pointless argument)

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
lukemdizzle said:
I'm nto being condescending. I am simply stating an OPINION. Get that into your skull. I.DO.NOT.LIKE.HALO. and I there is next to nothing you can say to change that. I simply do not like it. It's that simple

Seriously. How old are you? You are acting extremely immaturely when you are unable to take someones opinion of a game.

I'm gonna stop now bcause your obviously not going to let me have an opinion. Trust me I am very chilled.

(PS: stopping people from having opinions is comparable to Hitler. That's right. I Godwin'd to stop this goddammed pointless argument)
This argument is getting out of hand

I respect your opinion and just want you to be a little more open minded. sorry I got a little offended at the stereotype but lets end this argument please

... so I think the new name better represents the game

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
lukemdizzle said:

I respect your opinion and just want you to be a little more open minded. sorry I got a little offended at the stereotype but lets end this argument please
That's what a Godwin is for.

Any comparison to Hitler or the Nazi's instantly stops the argument. The Person who brought up Hitler or the Nazi's has lost the argument.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
lukemdizzle said:

Both of you give it a rest, you're not going to reach a peaceful concusion to this matter!

Lukemdizzle - He's entitled to his opinion and he's entitled to say it here, just accept he doesn't like it and move on.

Smallharmlesskitten - Yes, we know you don't like Halo, we can tell from here and the previous times you've said it, right now it seems like your trying to rub your dislike in his face.

You're both being rather obnoxious to one another, for your sakes, my sake, and everyone else's sake, please stop fighting and let's get this thread back on track.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
lukemdizzle said:

That's what a Godwin is for.

Any comparison to Hitler or the Nazi's instantly stops the argument. The Person who brought up Hitler or the Nazi's has lost the argument.
just realize that not all halo fans are incompetent fools

I don't care if you don't like the game just try not to insult people