Halo 5 Had The Biggest Launch in Franchise's History

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
Rad Party God said:
"Halo fans are taking to the new Requisition System in a big way, with over 45 million REQ Packs acquired, totaling more than 568 million REQ Cards."
Yep, that's a ton of suckers spending on microtransactions alright. Also, it's kind of ironic that the most underwhelming game of the entire franchise is the "fastest selling" one.
You do know you can earn the req packs and it really doesn't take that much time right?
Right? All you have to do to get a large amount of points is to play Warzone (Which is why they have Req packs). I got like...2000 in one game. The "most" expensive is 10,000 which isn't even that much if you are having fun for a few hours. Plus you can even sell cards you don't even like. (Damn those mongoose cards!!!!!)

OT: While I understand some people frustration about the new halo, I feel like its one of the better well made games. They pretty much learn their lesson from halo 4 about MP. As well as making a better forge from the looks of it. Might have to give that a go when it comes out in December.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I do wonder why they haven't just said what the sales are. They clearly know them if they know how much money the game made.

Still, I'm surprised it's done so well. Halo 4 wasn't even mechanically solid and the fanbase was highly critical of its modernising in the multiplayer, and the Master Chief Collection was famously broken on launch and it was on the Xbox One[footnote]Me being a campaign player, I largely avoided said issues though ;-)[/footnote]. What made Halo 5 look appealing?

I'll pick it up when it's cheap out of curiosity. I don't trust 343 Industries as far as I could throw their building of business.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
"The success of Halo 5: Guardians is a testament to the innovative work from the entire team at 343 Industries to bring this installment to Xbox One"
No, it's selling because it's called HALO and it's on a console that has little worthwhile exclusives. Least nintendo mostly has the good grace not to brag about its 'innovative work' when it pumps out another mario kart to help save its struggling console.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Outcast107 said:
Thats right! How Dare people buy stuff we don't like!
I can agree with this. I'm not a share-holder, I haven't played a Halo at launch since Reach (skipped Wars and OCD) and I haven't even got firm plans to get a next-gen console yet since all the games I really want for them are still in that limbo-state wherein they're on both generations. It's a shame though, that this Halo (which features very little master chief and takes away the core feature: Couch Co-Op) is the fastest selling.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
I bought an Xbox One because as a huge Halo fan the hype got the better of me in the end.

Christ, I've never been so disappointed by a game in my life. The campaign is short and the gameplay is lacklustre. The plot is slap in the face to people who care about the lore. The multiplayer is actually an improvement on Halo 4 in terms of structure, but the aiming system has been a source of considerable ire with long term fans as it is nothing like that of previous Halo games (I can't use it for shit and I was really quite good at previous Halo games). And don't get me started on the REQ system...

Recoveryanonymous

Dunedain of the faith
Feb 22, 2015
It's funny, this is the first Halo game that I haven't bought and the first I have no intention of buying.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Rad Party God said:
"Halo fans are taking to the new Requisition System in a big way, with over 45 million REQ Packs acquired, totaling more than 568 million REQ Cards."
Yep, that's a ton of suckers spending on microtransactions alright. Also, it's kind of ironic that the most underwhelming game of the entire franchise is the "fastest selling" one.
"Underwhelming"? I thought that Halo 4 was worse for that... Although maybe you could call Halo 4 "Overwhelming...ly awful".

Really though...

I miss Halo3 and Reach's Forge and custom games more than I miss anything else in the franchise. Forge was something that my friends and I all had great fun with, building maps for each other to play on that varied from elegant and simple to... Well... I built a teleporter maze map (always fun), one of my friends built a King of the Hill map where the point exploded every 30s (respawning explosive barrels above it that dropped onto it) and one of my friends even made a floating map where they only way between scattered platforms was extremely careful Man Cannon or Grav Lift uses ("WheeeeeeeeeOHNO!"). Until 343 start recognizing that Forge brought a lot of longevity and community to the series I'm not touching their games with a 10 meter rod.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
vallorn said:
Rad Party God said:
"Underwhelming"? I thought that Halo 4 was worse for that... Although maybe you could call Halo 4 "Overwhelming...ly awful".

Really though...

I miss Halo3 and Reach's Forge and custom games more than I miss anything else in the franchise. Forge was something that my friends and I all had great fun with, building maps for each other to play on that varied from elegant and simple to... Well... I built a teleporter maze map (always fun), one of my friends built a King of the Hill map where the point exploded every 30s (respawning explosive barrels above it that dropped onto it) and one of my friends even made a floating map where they only way between scattered platforms was extremely careful Man Cannon or Grav Lift uses ("WheeeeeeeeeOHNO!"). Until 343 start recognizing that Forge brought a lot of longevity and community to the series I'm not touching their games with a 10 meter rod.
Forge is coming back. Their just making sure it's 100% working before adding it in. From the few leaks they shown on their video it looks 10x better then the old forge.

Edit: a video showing some of the things they are bringing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDltTQiZMmw