Halo Comes To Xbox One At 60FPS [UPDATE]

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Halo Comes To Xbox One At 60FPS [UPDATE]

[video=7452 autoplay=0]

Microsoft has just revealed a new entry in the Halo franchise for the upcoming Xbox One.

Here we are, yet again. A new E3 conference, a new Xbox console, and a new Halo sequel. What we initially expected to be an in-depth look at Bungie's upcoming Destiny actually turned out to be a teaser for the next Halo, as a robed figure pulled back its hood to reveal Master Chief, standing in a well-rendered desert, facing down a giant robotic enemy.

Not much is known of this new Halo title - though it seems important to note that it was never once referred to as "Halo 5" - but according to Microsoft, the game is a first-person shooter, that will feature dedicated servers and cloud functionality through the Xbox One. Further, it will also run at 60 frames per second (though there's no word on what resolution the game will be locked at).

The new Halo is slated to appear at some nebulous point in 2014, so expect a long, drawn-out build up over the next however many months. It appears that the game is in the very early stages of development, so it seems unlikely that anything of real substance will appear soon. That said, Microsoft may have been sitting on this title for months, so the takeaway here is that in the future you're going to be hearing lots about this new Halo game. Hopefully Microsoft will offer an official title sooner, rather than later.

Update: You'll find the trailer I was describing above.

Dec 14, 2009
60fps?!

[HEADING=1]It's the future![/HEADING]

Broadband internet is coming, and you can now read books online!

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Ok Halo, that's good.
But really, how's 60 FPS a big deal?
I mean seriously, we've had that for a while right?

Seriously?! That's all they tell us?! 60 FPS!

Captcha: best Seller.

Hahahaha- NO.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
In the past Halo has sold Xboxes. I'm surprised they are being so slow with the development of this game.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
The last halo game was boring - although that could be more to do with the boring ships etc it was set in. To behonest, i have no idea what more you can do with this game.

Another Halo is to be expected, i want NEW ip not sequels to woo me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
New and improved Halo, where Master Chief wears a cloak in the desert for some reason eventhough he can survive in the vacuum of space.

Dec 14, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
New and improved Halo, where Mater Chief wears a cloak in the desert for some reason eventhough he can survive in the vacuum of space.
Wearing a cloak in the desert is an attempt to draw the Journey crowd, with new gritty realism.

It didn't work very well.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Bringing out the old man at last, good old reliable MC. Everyone loves Halo.... He is starting to smell like sonic.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Earnest Cavalli said:
Halo Comes To Xbox One At 60FPS

Microsoft has just revealed a new entry in the Halo franchise for the upcoming Xbox One.
This just in:

Also water is wet. The sky is blue. Metal is hard. Bleach is toxic.

And of course let's not forget:

I'm still not buying it.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
It's not 60 frames per second for Halo 5
60 is the number of First person shooters they're announcing at E3
And all of those shooters are just the various preorder bonus combinations that Halo 5 will have depending on where you buy it.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
You know, I like Halo, but it cannot sell me an Xbone alone. And this is coming from someone that has a bunch of covenant weapon replicas, a couple spartan helmets, the collector's edition of each release, all of the books, and dozens of Halo figures. The fact that Halo alone can't sell this console should tell you something.

Simon1

Feb 14, 2010
...Why the fuck was he wearing a robe?

Really. Why? It's like 343 saw Bungie's Journey trailer, and thought to themselves, "You know, we should do that shit as well."

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
You know, I like Halo, but it cannot sell me an Xbone alone. And this is coming from someone that has a bunch of covenant weapon replicas, a couple spartan helmets, the collector's edition of each release, all of the books, and dozens of Halo figures. The fact that Halo alone can't sell this console should tell you something.
That you really don't like the DRM bullshit, publisher control and such?

Also the fact it costs $160 more in Europe and the UK even though almost none of the features work.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
This is amazing: They saying that you can expect smooth gameplay because it is running at 60FPS and people ***** about it.
The hate train certainly got ridiculous.

I enjoyed Halo 4. Looking forward to what this may offer.

Dec 14, 2009
Ishigami said:
This is amazing: They saying that you can expect smooth gameplay because it is running at 60FPS and people ***** about it.
The hate train certainly got ridiculous.

I enjoyed Halo 4. Looking forward to what this may offer.
Maybe because 60 frames is nothing new.

Hell, it's to be expected, this is next bloody gen we're talking about.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Casual Shinji said:
New and improved Halo, where Mater Chief wears a cloak in the desert for some reason eventhough he can survive in the vacuum of space.
Wearing a cloak in the desert is an attempt to draw the Journey crowd, with new gritty realism.

Nah man, don't you get it? It's cuz Master Chief is such a lone tormented hero. Drawing on that old anime trope where bad-ass tragic heroes always wear cloaks regardless. Guts, Kenshiro, Vash the Stampede... and now Master Chief.

Something tells me Cortana is going to look even more slutty this time.

Dec 14, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Casual Shinji said:

Nah man, don't you get it? It's cuz Master Chief is such a lone tormented hero. Drawing on that old anime trope where bad-ass tragic heroes always wear cloaks regardless. Guts, Kenshiro, Vash the Stampede... and now Master Chief.

Something tells me Cortana is going to look even more slutty this time.
Clothes?

The fuck does a computer programme need with clothes?

[HEADING=1]More bewbs![/HEADING]

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Holy flying batman with a boomerang, 60 frames per second?!

Hang on, I'll ask my Asus VG236H about how it feels:
Me: So VG236H, how do you feel about this revolutionary news?
VG236H: *zero fucks given*
Me: Thank you, that'll be all.

Daystar Clarion said:
[HEADING=1]More bewbs![/HEADING]
The market for it is still thriving, it's gonna happen no matter what anyone says :D