Halo Comes To Xbox One At 60FPS [UPDATE]

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
10,766
0
0
Daystar Clarion said:
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Casual Shinji said:
New and improved Halo, where Mater Chief wears a cloak in the desert for some reason eventhough he can survive in the vacuum of space.
Wearing a cloak in the desert is an attempt to draw the Journey crowd, with new gritty realism.


It didn't work very well.
Nah man, don't you get it? It's cuz Master Chief is such a lone tormented hero. Drawing on that old anime trope where bad-ass tragic heroes always wear cloaks regardless. Guts, Kenshiro, Vash the Stampede... and now Master Chief.

Something tells me Cortana is going to look even more slutty this time.
Clothes?

The fuck does a computer programme need with clothes?

[HEADING=1]More bewbs![/HEADING]
Ugh, more Halo hate... If it didn't get enough already. Your not insults aren't clever.
 
Dec 14, 2008
1,038
0
0
Casual Shinji said:
Something tells me Cortana is going to look even more slutty this time.
Totally. I mean, corpses are always really slutty. Those dead fish eyes are just asking for it. (Please ignore the fact that a computer program can't have a corpse, which would ruin the joke. Thank you for your cooperation)
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Korten12 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Casual Shinji said:
New and improved Halo, where Mater Chief wears a cloak in the desert for some reason eventhough he can survive in the vacuum of space.
Wearing a cloak in the desert is an attempt to draw the Journey crowd, with new gritty realism.


It didn't work very well.
Nah man, don't you get it? It's cuz Master Chief is such a lone tormented hero. Drawing on that old anime trope where bad-ass tragic heroes always wear cloaks regardless. Guts, Kenshiro, Vash the Stampede... and now Master Chief.

Something tells me Cortana is going to look even more slutty this time.
Clothes?

The fuck does a computer programme need with clothes?

[HEADING=1]More bewbs![/HEADING]
Ugh, more Halo hate... If it didn't get enough already.
I don't hate anything.

More like playful ribbing.
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
17,197
1,230
118
Daystar Clarion said:
Clothes?

The fuck does a computer programme need with clothes?

[HEADING=1]More bewbs![/HEADING]
Hey, even female computer programs need them mammary glands.
 

Ishigami

New member
Sep 1, 2011
830
0
0
Daystar Clarion said:
Maybe because 60 frames is nothing new.

Hell, it's to be expected, this is next bloody gen we're talking about.
It is new for Halo isn't it?
All previous Halo releases are running 30 FPS afaik.

And I'm sorry but you will get your hopes crushed. A lot of games won't run on 60 FPS.
For some games 30 FPS is enough and devs are likely rather use the power to enhance the visuals because its easier to market that instead.

Btw. Cortana is dead.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Casual Shinji said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Clothes?

The fuck does a computer programme need with clothes?

[HEADING=1]More bewbs![/HEADING]
Hey, even female computer programs need them mammary glands.
Now dudebro fratboys feel secure in the knowledge that they saved another woman from her femininity.

The world is saved, no thanks to the vagina, computational or otherwise.
 

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
5,265
0
0
If Master Chief has his armor on why does he need to wear that cloak thing? He can fall from space no problem but sandstorms? Ooh no, that's too much!

Also, could you turn the autoplay off please? It's kind of annoying when I'm trying to read through the thread.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Ishigami said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Maybe because 60 frames is nothing new.

Hell, it's to be expected, this is next bloody gen we're talking about.
It is new for Halo isn't it?
All previous Halo releases are running 30 FPS afaik.

And I'm sorry but you will get your hopes crushed. A lot of games won't run on 60 FPS.
For some games 30 FPS is enough and devs are likely rather use the power to enhance the visuals because its easier to market that instead.

Btw. Cortana is dead.
*cough*PC*cough*

All my games run at least 60fps.
 
Apr 28, 2008
14,634
0
0
I thought it was a gritty re-boot of Journey at first. Or something like that.

Why is Master Chief wearing a cloak and hood over his armor? The sand wouldn't wear it down, since his shields would stop that. Plus, even if they didn't, his hands and boots would be the most in jeopardy, since they're less shielded than his torso and head. This allows him to walk/pick things up without the shields mucking things up. So they would have to be covered, and they're not.

And yes, I am a Halo fan who has way too much time on his hands, how did you know?
 

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
10,766
0
0
Irridium said:
I thought it was a gritty re-boot of Journey at first. Or something like that.

Why is Master Chief wearing a cloak and hood over his armor? The sand wouldn't wear it down, since his shields would stop that. Plus, even if they didn't, his hands and boots would be the most in jeopardy, since they're less shielded than his torso and head. This allows him to walk/pick things up without the shields mucking things up. So they would have to be covered, and they're not.

And yes, I am a Halo fan who has way too much time on his hands, how did you know?
I was thinking that maybe his armor isn't working correctly. Hence the giant gash in the side of his helmet.
 

darthzew

New member
Jun 19, 2008
1,813
0
0
I just have one question about this. Why was Master Chief wearing a robe? What could he possibly need with that? He's wearing armor that also doubles as a space suit. I don't think that robe is really going to help him.
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
18,157
1
3
Country
UK
Does Master Chief really need a cloak? It's not like this suit will get stuck from all the sand getting into the suit joint?
darthzew said:
I just have one question about this. Why was Master Chief wearing a robe? What could he possibly need with that? He's wearing armor that also doubles as a space suit. I don't think that robe is really going to help him.
I was thinking the same thing (t's not like this suit will get stuck from all the sand getting into the suit joint?). I can only guess he wanted to hide his identity from someone or something from afar.
 

Nghtgnt

New member
May 30, 2010
124
0
0
For all the people making snide remarks on the cloak, here are 2 possible reasons for it, just off the top of my head:

1.Protect the armor. Sand getting in joints could cause problems over time, and when they show the helmet you can see it's already suffered a lot of wear and tear which would be compounded, again over time, by sand and high winds. I don't think the armor's shields would protect him against the sand unless the particles are moving at high enough speeds to cause instant significant damage (think space dust moving at hundreds of meters per second), or it's possible his shields aren't working in the cutscene.

2.Inhibit long-range identification. The cloak breaks up the outline enough that anyone observing from a distance wouldn't think "Mjolnir armor". Additionally it looks like it might be thick enough to at least alter his heat signature.

As for the game itself... I'm invested enough in the Halo story that I would very much like to play this game when it comes out, however for me to go out and actually buy an Xbox One, given what we know about it so far, the storyline of the game would have to be so good that it wins the Nobel Prize in Literature.
 

Soviet Heavy

New member
Jan 22, 2010
12,218
0
0
darthzew said:
I just have one question about this. Why was Master Chief wearing a robe? What could he possibly need with that? He's wearing armor that also doubles as a space suit. I don't think that robe is really going to help him.
A better question: where did Chief find a robe tailored for a 7'5 foot tall cyborg?
 

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
1,409
0
0
SkarKrow said:
an annoyed writer said:
You know, I like Halo, but it cannot sell me an Xbone alone. And this is coming from someone that has a bunch of covenant weapon replicas, a couple spartan helmets, the collector's edition of each release, all of the books, and dozens of Halo figures. The fact that Halo alone can't sell this console should tell you something.
That you really don't like the DRM bullshit, publisher control and such?

Also the fact it costs $160 more in Europe and the UK even though almost none of the features work.
Microsoft needs to hire someone like you, because you've got common fucking sense. And that thing about Europe:wow. They're really trying to make this as US-centric as possible, aren't they? Well I live in the US and I don't want any of this shit. I just want a box where I can plug in and play some damn games. No DRM, no TV, just a box where I play some games. Maybe online connectivity for online play and Big chunks of DLC. Nothing more than that though. That's what I use my 360 for and that's worked well enough for the past 5 or so years.
 

kael013

New member
Jun 12, 2010
422
0
0
Nghtgnt said:
For all the people making snide remarks on the cloak, here are 2 possible reasons for it, just off the top of my head:

1.Protect the armor. Sand getting in joints could cause problems over time, and when they show the helmet you can see it's already suffered a lot of wear and tear which would be compounded, again over time, by sand and high winds. I don't think the armor's shields would protect him against the sand unless the particles are moving at high enough speeds to cause instant significant damage (think space dust moving at hundreds of meters per second), or it's possible his shields aren't working in the cutscene.

2.Inhibit long-range identification. The cloak breaks up the outline enough that anyone observing from a distance wouldn't think "Mjolnir armor". Additionally it looks like it might be thick enough to at least alter his heat signature.
Or 3. To increase audience interest with mystery until the last second. Seriously, it makes no sense in-universe, but tons from a marketing perspective.

OT: Microsoft, dude, I know you think you need a new Halo title to sell the Xbone. You don't - nothing can save that... thing. So move on and [i/]don't split up a trilogy between two console gens![/i] If this game and the next Halo (the last two of the "Reclaimer Trilogy" as 343 likes to call 'em) are Xbone exclusives, even after you said 360 would be supported for another 5 years, you're gonna have a bit of a problem.
 

jnixon

New member
May 27, 2013
51
0
0
Talk about beating a dead horse jesus christ, halo should of ended when the story did and where it peaked, halo 3. How can anything be dragged out this long the flood are dead the enemy is gone END IT
 

Chester Rabbit

New member
Dec 7, 2011
1,004
0
0
You know it might have been a little harder for me to say goodbye to Halo if they actually included the theme song in the reveal trailer making it seem as if they were going to try and recapture the magic of the trilogy instead of just turning Halo into even more of a run of the mill bland fps.


Oh well, Goodbye Halo.

Play me out Vincent Price!

 
Aug 1, 2010
2,768
0
0
All of my meh.

Couldn't care less about the frames.

The scene tells me nothing except that it's the same stupid looking 343 Chief doing the same shit.

The ONLY way E3 could have made me happy about Halo and the Xbox One is if the ENTIRE reveal was centered around The Arbiter.
It was not.
 
Oct 2, 2012
1,267
0
0
Am I interested in new Halo? Yes.
Am I interested in new Xbox? Sadly not even fucking close. As a Halo fan I hope it is a good game but the console can go fuck right off into a corner and die.
Guess I'll just wikipedia the story and youtube the cutscenes.