Halo Gets Absurd Again with Reach Legendary Edition

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Halo Gets Absurd Again with Reach Legendary Edition

The infamous Halo Legendary edition is back again, though it's not going to come with a helmet this time.

The originators of the humongous collector's edition are back with a new Legendary edition for Halo: Reach [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77711]. The game will of course come in the regular, sickening $59.99 version, which only includes the gross game disc, but was also announced today to come in limited and Legendary (which must be capitalized) editions.

For $79.99, Halo: Reach players can get their dirty mitts on the game's limited edition, which will come in a "recovered 'ONI' black box." One of this edition's bonuses include an exclusive Elite armor set for use in multiplayer, a mode through which users from all over the world can play against each other. It also comes with secret documents such as "Dr. Halsey's personal journal" that will reveal secrets about Halo and such.

However, for a mere bag of shells more at $149.99, the Halo: Reach Legendary edition will stomp on your face, make you cry, and then make you apologize. It's going to include everything from the now lousy limited edition, but come in a really super special UNSC-themed box and include a second multiplayer armor set. Todd McFarlane is also going to throw in a pretty beautiful 10-inch tall, 10 pound statue of Halo: Reach's Noble Team members. Unfortunately, just like the Halo 3 Legendary edition's included cat helmet, you can't wear it on your head. This version of Halo: Reach will be in limited quantities, so as much as you might hate to help out your local videogame store employees by pre-ordering, it sounds like a good idea.

Notably, the Legendary edition of Halo: Reach will not include the game. Just kidding, it will. I think I still like the bonus in Modern Warfare 2's Prestige edition [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93130-Updated-Modern-Warfare-2s-Ridiculous-Prestige-Edition] better, but that statue looks pretty cool.

If you bought Halo 3: ODST and simply cannot wait a nanosecond longer for Halo: Reach's beta to begin, as a reminder it will start on May 3. A newly released trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUv98eWVnL0] shows the game in action and details some of the features players will experience in the beta. Halo: Reach is scheduled for release in the fall.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Holy fuck.

I want that statue, and I'm not even a Halo fanboy.

That's about all there is to say.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Notably, the Legendary edition of Halo: Reach will not include the game. Just kidding, it will.
haha. It's funny no matter how many times I read that line.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I want it so bad.
Those Statues and the case look cool.

sigh....to bad i dont own an X-Box
;_;

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I've got both Halo 3 and Halo Wars special/legendary editions. Now I'll get the Reach Legendary edition and finish my collection.

Its a package a true Halo fan must own.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Well, I'm gonna stick with my regular edition, I do actually plan to buy other stuff this year.

Also, where would I put a piece of junk like that?

Mr.Monkey

Sep 21, 2009
I've pre-ordered it...
Have a fetish for packaging

It's cheaper than my GoW Ultimate Trilogy Edition

Apr 28, 2008
Looks awesome. Will probably get the Limited Edition like I did with Halo 3 though.

And for all you really lazy people, here's the vid:

Needless to say, it looks awesome as all hell.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
For me it all comes down to whether the statue is worth it or not since I'll get the Limited version if I don't get the legendary...

It's an awesome statue... but it's almost double the price of the Limited edition... I'll have to make up my mind later.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I want this really really badly. That statue looks epic. I guess this means i have to get a job xD

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
Irridium said:
Looks awesome. Will probably get the Limited Edition like I did with Halo 3 though.

And for all you really lazy people, here's the vid:

Needless to say, it looks awesome as all hell.
i'm not gonna lie that is a pretty awesome trailer

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
If I decide to shell out the money for it, I'll probably get the Legendary edition. If not, I'll settle for the limited

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
LEGENDARY PREORDERED!

It shall be MINE! MINE I SAY MMIIIIIIINNNNNNNEE!!!!!!!!

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!