Halo Master Chief Collection Tides Fans Over for Halo 5 With Multiplayer Beta - Update

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
*froths violently*

There could not be a way to get my money faster!

Edit: Even while acknowledging that the new stuff they add will be a load of crap because this is 343's writing.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
Halo 2's original multiplayer? hell yes! Great memories to relive with friends I've had since the original release. I'm also intrigued by the teaser they showed for Guardians, looks like we could have a new playable character added into the storyline.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
I'm only excited about Halo 2's untouched multiplayer if it will also have online support, which I have neither seen a confirmation or denial for.

Either way, I am definitely intrigued.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Halo 2 getting Anniversary support? Count me interested. It certainly aged the weakest visually, so seeing it again with some nice new textures should be a treat.

AND THEL VADAM RETURNS. Does this mean we can actually have Good Guy Elites again and not the lame ass Storm Elites from Halo 4?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
*throws money at screen*

The idea of getting all the Halo's together is amazing and the prospect of Halo 2 multiplayer has got my grinning like a madman. 100 multiplayer maps... suck it everything else ever?

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Halo CEA, 3, and 4 are already in HD, so can't say I particularly care about those. But I kinda wish Halo 2 Anniversary was coming to 360 as well. It's the only part of this collection that has my attention. Not interested in Xbox One just for one remake of a game I already own.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Wonder if this will include all the map packs released for Halo 2 and 3. If not, that's a crapload of content to leave out.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
A pity this is only coming to the Xbox One and not the 360. I will need to see a lot more for the Xbox One in terms of interesting games before I buy one, but when I do this will be something I pick up for sure.

obedai

Mar 19, 2010
yes yes yes yes! Since each game had strengths and flaws, this way the options you have will allow anyone to enjoy it. Plus, if they let you use Forge-mode maps in any one of the games, I might literally die.

DArkAbyssKeeper

Dec 16, 2008
I'll give this a miss, just like the recent anniversary edition for halo ce. I'll never understand the hard on some fans have for the original mechanics of halo 1 and 2. They've been iterating on the mechanics from game to game and I have no desire to go back to the sloppier, blunter controls of previous games.

It sounded for a fleeting moment like they were bringing the new mechanics and controls to the older games in the conference, in which case I would have been really excited for this. As it is I see no reason to pick this up just for pretty graphics.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I am really glad that 2 will get the anniversary treatment, I was a little worried that it would just be a lazy "HD collection" like some of the others we have seen. Still really disappointed we didn't see a real look at Halo 5, but the collection is a good deal overall.

Also, I was a little too happy to hear the Arbiter again, I was sure he would be back, glad to see it was all but confirmed.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
obedai said:
Plus, if they let you use Forge-mode maps in any one of the games
lolno.

Waaaayyyy too much work, man. Entire parts of the game cores would have to be created and rewritten in order to enable this. They're way too busy with Halo 5 at the moment. And to be honest, I'd rather have an awesome Halo 5 than some completely revamped older titles. I've already played the crap out of all of them.

satsugaikaze

Feb 26, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
Wonder if this will include all the map packs released for Halo 2 and 3. If not, that's a crapload of content to leave out.
They said during the conference that they would include all multiplayer maps that were released, as is (so about 100+ maps). This I believe is on top of the Halo 2 Anniversary treatment.

Sniper Team 4 said:
A pity this is only coming to the Xbox One and not the 360. I will need to see a lot more for the Xbox One in terms of interesting games before I buy one, but when I do this will be something I pick up for sure.
The main conceit of the pack is that they're fitting all 4 games on a single BD and you can seamlessly transition between games on the disc.

Gali

Nov 19, 2009
DArkAbyssKeeper said:
The majority of Halo fans held 1 and 2 in such high regard because it required much more skill to master. Since Halo 3 the aiming has changed in a really bad way. Hell, glitches like BXB, BXR and double shotting in Halo 2 made it a much more complex game because it added fighting game like combos, so to say, to the solid Arena FPS mechanics. It wasn't intentional, but sometimes bugs and glitches can benefit a game.
Finally, Microsoft got that this was awesome, since they emphasized that H2 will be "EXACTLY like it shipped 10 years ago". I'm impressed that they work so closely with former progamers. Something other developers should do imo, at least in certain genres/games with a great focus on MP. (I'm looking at you Blizzard)

Furthermore, Halo 3 and the other sequels added features that weren't really needed or wanted by the core fanbase. If that was the case there would be more people online in Reach or 4, but actually Halo 3 is more alive because it is "the least shittiest Halo to play online at the moment". Personally, I still think they actually can "innovate" later installments as much as they want because that brought us Halo 2, but we also got 3 meh to really bad Halos when it comes to MP. And that wouldn't even be much of a problem in general if you could actually play the older titles online. But no, dedicated fans were forced to play the latest installments in the end.

That's why this collection is such a blessing, it brings back 2 multiplayer classics of the (Console) Arena FPS genre many of us would still play to this day, if they could.

I'm going to save some money for an Xbone now...

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Arnoxthe1 said:
obedai said:
Plus, if they let you use Forge-mode maps in any one of the games
lolno.

Waaaayyyy too much work, man. Entire parts of the game cores would have to be created and rewritten in order to enable this. They're way too busy with Halo 5 at the moment. And to be honest, I'd rather have an awesome Halo 5 than some completely revamped older titles. I've already played the crap out of all of them.
Actually, during a quick interview with IGN on their live stream, Frank O? Connor confirmed that in Halo 2: Anniversary, Forge will be available. It'll likely only be for the six new map remakes, though.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Halo Master Chief Collection Tides Fans Over for Halo 5 With Multiplayer Beta - Update

Microsoft and 343 Industries have put together a collection of all numbered Halo games due out this fall.

Read Full Article

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
This along with Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Scalebound and others has me preparing dosh for the future purchase on an XB1 next year for sure.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Hold on, it says the 4 main games, what about ODST/Reach and Wars? Sounds like an incomplete collection. It has interested me though.

JayDeth

Dec 18, 2009
You vets of Halo 2 should remove the rose tinted glasses and consider what this means. EXACTLY as it shipped? I recall that the game didn't really reach perfection or near to it until that one big update that increase melee damage so the Sword was less OP. I remember way back when I played in a H2 tourny for the release of H3 at a local store. We played on old Xboxes and no updates. Basically whoever got the Sword on Lockout won. It was balls.

Still better than any other Halo I've ever played, but Halo 2 pre-updates wont be what you're all expecting. Hopefully it'll have that major update. I'll be glad to play Halo 2 again either way, though.