Halo named Greatest Game Franchise by Guinness

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Voted on by the gamers. Clearly. How else do you think Halo and Call of Duty got the top two spots? And Guitar Hero is number four?

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
Sonic next to half life....this thing has absolute credibility! : D
wait....some of them aren't actually franchises.......WHAAAAAAT

DeleteThisPlease

Mar 26, 2010
WHOOOOO!!!!

CHRONO TRIGGER IS ON THE LIST! @#$@ YEAH! SILENT PROTAGONIST FTW!!!! YEAH!!! WHOOOOO!!!!

-Takes a deep beath- ok, I had my moment. Yes, Halo deserved the top spot and blah blah blah, it's defently made enough money to prove that.

Old Man Neck

Feb 22, 2009
Hazy said:
And Mother isn't anywhere on there?

All in all, not too bad. I am in agreement with a lot of their picks.
Granted, I disagree with a fair share (Runescape) as well.
Its probably because most of the voters are not from Japan, and the only Mother game to come out in America was made 20 years ago and does not share the title, few people know that game, and even fewer know about anything other then Earthbound from it.

For my rage post, I would like to point out that Little Big Planet is on the list. How the fuck is it a franchise if it only has 1 game and 1 port in the entire series?

SweetWarmIce

Jun 1, 2009
I'm guessing by "greatest" franchises they mean by money made and hype produced. In which case I can believe Halo as a whole gets the top spot.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
List is lame, and not because Halo is #1.

Why is Pro Evolution Soccer on there and not Mass Effect?
WHY IS ELDER SCROLLS ONLY #29?? AND BELOW WWE OF ALL THINGS? *RAAAGE*
Pokemon is only #11? I'd say it should go above Super Smash Bros.

But, yeah, that's only my opinion. People will forever disagree about what is the best game, even if this list is really on the poor side. Oh well. =/

Sep 14, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Wow, Gears of war is actually up there. I'm pretty pleased about that. Although I can foresee a lot of hate over some of the numbers.
thank you for making me feel like not the only person out there who likes that game. most people i have seen post on here call it the most mindless and average shooter they have played, which its actually quite different then most shooters and its one of my favorite game(s) to do co op

OT: the list isn't HORRIBLE, but obviously its biast and subjective, so i wont care really, as some it is pretty good

Pat728

Feb 21, 2010
Was this list made by 13 year olds? Halo is the greatest game franchise of all time? Really?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Wow, Gears of war is actually up there. I'm pretty pleased about that. Although I can foresee a lot of hate over some of the numbers.
thank you for making me feel like not the only person out there who likes that game. most people i have seen post on here call it the most mindless and average shooter they have played, which its actually quite different then most shooters and its one of my favorite game(s) to do co op

OT: the list isn't HORRIBLE, but obviously its biast and subjective, so i wont care really, as some it is pretty good
Ya, the game get's a lot of hate from some gamers, I honestly can't see why though. The game, in my opinon, was one of the best to do the cover feature perfectly! The Campaign was great to play with a friend and the Multiplayer, for the most part, is balanced and fair, keeping all the good weapons in reach of both teams.

I loved the first and it was the reason I got Xbox live to begin with. The game has always been awesome to me.

Aug 17, 2009

That is what fanboys want to do right now.

Really, I don't care what they say. Does Halo or Call of Duty have Martin Sheen or PETER F*CK*NG STORMARE?! I don't think so. This list was clearly voted upon by twelve-year-olds and frat boys (same thing, really).

Off-Topic: F*CK YEAH TWO POSTS OF HAVIK IN A ROW!

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Rich Hall said it best about surveys, when told that George Bush was 'doing a good job' according to 60% of Americans surveyed.

He simply stated 'All that tells me is that 60% of people too dumb to avoid a yahoo with a clipboard in the mall... think he's doing a good job'.

That applies to this one too.

No-one says where they were asking people, and for all we know it could have been outside Bungie HQ.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
Number 17 is Runescape.
To put that in perspective, Mario is on 47, and that is Mario KART not the jump n run games.
Those guys must have been drinking from their own tap.
mighty fine beer though.

Dottie

May 6, 2009
no. And wow the escapist has really let go of it's half-life obsession.

NEVRINx54

Nov 12, 2009
Sonic #15?? thats pretty weird... i may be in the minority here but i have yet to play a good Sonic game...

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
SnootyEnglishman said:
No team fortress 2 or portal? Oh the rage that is built up within me.
Urge... to kill... risiiinggg......
Riisingg.
RISING!!!!!

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Ok, all raged out.

But to be honest, I hardly think RuneScape or WoW should be on there. RuneScape's one game, hardly a bleedin' franchise and WoW itself isn't the franchise, Warcraft is, as someone else stated.

I would have presonally put Doom, Wuake and maybe Unreal Tournament in the top 5.
Halo can wallow down near the half-way mark.