Halp. Ponies.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well I didn't get into it.

I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes after one of the big flamewar threads about MLP on the forums. It wasn't bad, but I personally didn't find it as great as everyone else seemed to either.

So not bad, but I don't understand the rather big obsession the internet as a whole has with it.

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
Andy Shandy said:

I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes after one of the big flamewar threads about MLP on the forums. It wasn't bad, but I personally didn't find it as great as everyone else seemed to either.

So not bad, but I don't understand the rather big obsession the internet as a whole has with it.
As much as I genuinely find it cute and funny and heart warming, with awesome design, I think a lot of its' popularity is due to a wider movement of wanting to shout: Stuff doesn't have to be dark, gritty and realistically coloured to be awesome!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Coppernerves said:
Andy Shandy said:

As much as I genuinely find it cute and funny and heart warming, with awesome design, I think a lot of its' popularity is due to a wider movement of wanting to shout: Stuff doesn't have to be dark, gritty and realistically coloured to be awesome!
Fair enough.

I'm a big Sonic fan so maybe I get my fill of not dark, gritty realism from that instead of MLP =P

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
SweetShark said:
Eddie the head said:
Dangit2019 said:
Eddie the head said:
Aaand you're blocked. Go waste somebody else's time.
I don't blame you I guess, ignorance is bliss.
Sorry for asking, but what was all about?
Lazy to read the whole discussion.
Here's the abridged version from a completely biased party:

Dangit2019: (in response to someone else) My Little Pony is an escape from the darkness and grittiness that's consumed nerd media.

Eddie the head: Robot chicken is considered nerd media, and it's not dark and gritty.

D: I wasn't really talking about comedies (exact words:I meant stuff like the Nolan batman trilogy, not comedies), and besides, that's stuff is cool, I just like a break from it every once in while so that I could enjoy something more sincere and down to earth.

E: That's a straw man because you (exact words)paint it like it's some sort of epidemicThe fact that Futurama is a comedy doesn't make less sincere or less down to earth, whatever that means. Unless you want to be the one person that didn't find "Jurassic Bark" sad. It just seams like a dismissal of the argument. All of these shows aren't dark or gritty. "Well they are comedies, so they don't count."(/exact words).

D: STOP USING MY FUCKING WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT (in response to misquote concerning comedies).

E: How is that out of context? (exact words)Your saying because it's a comedy not part of "nerd cutler?" Why? If not what are you saying then? Because it's not clear. Or I'm an idiot. In witch case explain it for me and my fellow idiots.(/exact passive aggressive words).

D: I just realized that this argument is stupid on more levels than I can imagine. We're on a thread about a goddamn girl's show about ponies and we're wasting our time with this argument. Any attempt to lengthen this will be ignored.

E: (post I didn't read because, well, yeah)

D: Fuck this. (hits ignore).

And there's the story.

If you want the completely unbiased version, you'll have to read them yourself.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
The Tall Nerd said:
people people please

luna and celestia are best pony

because
luna = controls where and when stuff happens

celestia = what and why stuff happens

when they fuse they become laura foust pony that rules all and her husband that controls tie crieg mccracken pony
Well, if we're talking about powers, than that's obviously going to go to one of the princesses, but I was talking about the Mane cast (out of Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, etc.) based on powers, but also entertainment value, personality, and whatnot.