Hands-On: Bulletstorm Demo (in 3D)

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Oh my God I downloaded it as soon as it went live and I loved every second of it, I can't wait to experiment more with this game because the potential is so there

Spoon E11

Oct 27, 2010
JackandTom said:
I'm downloading it at the moment :D How come it's only got 4 stars on the Game Marketplace?
Hey brink has 4 stars on market place and no demo yet.

Anyway Its a barrel of fun. Cant wait for the full game, Then perhaps I will have 4 barrels of fun with that shotgun.

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
played the demo and it left me wanting more, in a bad way. scratch this one off the list of potential buys. I hope it brings you all several hours of enjoyment though.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Didn't really strike me as day one purchase, good demo and I can see a lot of potential but no, sorry devs, I'm not buying.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I can play the demo, over and over, best fun i have had in years! think COD...but on a steroid overdose...for about 5 years...

Can't wait till the 25th of February =D

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
gigastar said:
Damn, not on PSN yet... oh well it sounds worth the wait.
Oh good, wasn't just me then. Tried to download it during lunch but didn't see it. I'll try again after work.

Spoon E11 said:
Hey brink has 4 stars on market place and no demo yet.

Anyway Its a barrel of fun. Cant wait for the full game, Then perhaps I will have 4 barrels of fun with that shotgun.
Brink looks interesting, but after the problems I've had with Bethesda's Fallout games (crashes, exclusive DLC for other consoles, etc.), I wouldn't mind an alternative. This game looks like it will be worth my time.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I also had a problem with the nut-shots. I couldn't pull one off at all today, trying to go for the "Mercy Kill" combo. I'll give it a few more runs before I give up on that one, though. Game is still extremely fun.

May 5, 2010
I'm....a little dissapointed. It literally took me about 10 minutes (at most, probably more like 5) to complete the demo. Why the fuck is it so short? I mean, there's nothing wrong with the gameplay, but seriously....why the fuck is it so short?

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
I'm....a little dissapointed. It literally took me about 10 minutes (at most, probably more like 5) to complete the demo. Why the fuck is it so short? I mean, there's nothing wrong with the gameplay, but seriously....why the fuck is it so short?
It's meant to be repeated over and over again, to beat your high score, use different weapons, try and find new skill shots etc.

They designed it this way deliberately.

I don't mind the length, personally. I've played through it about 3 times now and it is quite fun. I shall definitely be looking at reviews when the full game is released.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Have it downloading now. The Echo mode sounds fun, but it also sounds like a leadership board type thing? If so, I'd probably just try to beat my own score... leadership boards are never fun.

Virtual_Dom

Jul 3, 2009
Okay I just played it and I was hooked on it. I played it like 5 times within a half hour.

I just hope the full game is not short. If not then probably day one purchase for me.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
I've been so freakin' excited for this game for a long time now. I'm gonna be playin' the demo here shortly and I'm simply pumped!

May 5, 2010
latenightapplepie said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
It's meant to be repeated over and over again, to beat your high score, use different weapons, try and find new skill shots etc.

They designed it this way deliberately.

I don't mind the length, personally. I've played through it about 3 times now and it is quite fun. I shall definitely be looking at reviews when the full game is released.
Yeah, I was actually about to say...I tried it a few more times, and I'm totally seeing the fun now. I'm absolutely buying this game.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I burst out laughing at the trailer when one of the points rewarded was called "FRENCH REVOLUTION"

I'm...currently in a history class, is why lol

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
So what your telling me is that yet another game that is "3d vision ready" comes with NO 3D CROSSHAIR? Cripes, the crosshair is the single most important thing to get right in 3D. Does it atleast come with a way to turn the offensive item off?

Find.Me.Seashells.

Jan 25, 2011
I waited an hour for the demo to download, but the wait was worth it!! I had more fun playing this short demo than most full-length games I've played recently. Being able to make a group of people explode by shooting one "flingshot" round is amazing!!

Love the colour scheme too and Gray's pirate accent. Finally, space pirates with proper accents!
First day buy for me!