Hands-On: DC Universe Online

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
So frickin' hyped for this game!

I wonder if i can be Kryptonian?

EDIT: Will there be a monthly fee for the PS3?

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Quaxar said:
Chipperz said:
Quaxar said:
I will need to have an eye on this one, didn't even know it comes also for the PS3. So, anyone know what playable characters we're getting? Because if they give us GL and Flash I'll be over that game like a cat over food it's not allowed to eat!
You don't play the "named" character - the idea is that the major characters of the DC Universe are recruiting loads of new heroes and villains to fight Braniac, a villain I still can't take seriously because he has the same name as a science-based comedy/educational show.

Still, no option for pure badass normal human? I guess I'll go, like, technology then...
Oh, I'm fine with anyone from the sector 2814's GL Corps.

Brainiac? I hope he doesn't blow as many caravans up as the British one!
Bleh, the Green Lantern is still technically magic (I'll admit, I looked up what 3814 GL Corps was...). I want someone like the Punisher... Only in the DC universe. Someone who takes on criminals using resourcefulness, skill and downright refusal to die. Batman would be that if he didn't have the tech, but he does, so he's lost the "badass normal human" award.

And yeah, my first thought when I saw the trailer was "so many caravans... So little time..."

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Chipperz said:
Quaxar said:
Chipperz said:
Quaxar said:
I will need to have an eye on this one, didn't even know it comes also for the PS3. So, anyone know what playable characters we're getting? Because if they give us GL and Flash I'll be over that game like a cat over food it's not allowed to eat!
You don't play the "named" character - the idea is that the major characters of the DC Universe are recruiting loads of new heroes and villains to fight Braniac, a villain I still can't take seriously because he has the same name as a science-based comedy/educational show.

Still, no option for pure badass normal human? I guess I'll go, like, technology then...
Oh, I'm fine with anyone from the sector 2814's GL Corps.

Brainiac? I hope he doesn't blow as many caravans up as the British one!
Bleh, the Green Lantern is still technically magic (I'll admit, I looked up what 3814 GL Corps was...). I want someone like the Punisher... Only in the DC universe. Someone who takes on criminals using resourcefulness, skill and downright refusal to die. Batman would be that if he didn't have the tech, but he does, so he's lost the "badass normal human" award.

And yeah, my first thought when I saw the trailer was "so many caravans... So little time..."
What about the Green Arrow? Apart from him being an unlikeable nature-loving idiot he's practically powerless. Okay granted, he has had some safe cracking and nuclear warhead arrows at times, but his only weapons are arrows after all.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Mmm, looks very, very, very interesting. I've signed up for the Beta key and I'm hoping I get it. I've been avoiding MMO's for a while now. Mainly because my PC is more than 6 years old and has very old tech. So most recent game wont run on it. However given that this game is coming out for the PS3... I don't have to worry about that. I think I heard somewhere that you'll be able to play online with PC and PS3 players a like, cross platform. I'm not sure if this is true or not so if some one could confirm this I'd be very greatful.

Otherwise looking forward to it.

lyrandar said:
Gritty Superman, really? I mean I'd heard that Christopher Nolan may have been working on rebooting the character, but that gritty?
I don't think that Superman in the trailer was gritty... Just pushed over the edge. With the looks of things in the trailer... The shit has really hit the fan. We don't know what these heroes have experienced so far. Given that most of them seem perfectly content with killing... I imagine they've all gone over the edge a little.

monnes said:
Marvel was about to get the same treatment, Champions online was originally Marvel online. Don't know why they didn't keep it that way though.
I think they where having difficulties in what direction to take the game, then sat around twiddling their thumbs all day before pulling out.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
I did enjoy that trailer, partly because it involved the entire DC universe getting violently murdered. I'm...I'm a Marvel guy. Except for Batman. That was actually heart-wrenching.

As such, getting to serve directly under Batman is a huge point in the game's favor. If the whole game was set in Gotham, it would be a hands-down buy.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
This game sounds better and better every time I learn more about it. Is there any confirmed starting point for the beta? I really want to get my hands on this game.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
It looks like fun, but, it seems like every other MMO out there at the moment, and its just hard for me to get excited abouyt them anymore...

Though, I admit I might look into it, I wouldnt be able to go full time

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
I am so excited for this game!!

The only thing I fear is an expensive monthly payment for the PC version.

Does anyone know anything about this?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
yeh if combat was twitch based like say Batman:AA i would be in this game in a heart beat!

But i've yet to play a twitch based button mashing MMO and most likely this is no different. ::Sigh::

LitleWaffle said:
I am so excited for this game!!

The only thing I fear is an expensive monthly payment for the PC version.

Does anyone know anything about this?
i do believe they are gonna charge u to play on PSN too. :x
one reason its not on XBLA is cause MS don't want some1 else making money off their service