Hands-on Impressions of PlayStation Move

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Hands-on Impressions of PlayStation Move

I can swing a sword and play with my pet. Yay!

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
It does feel very, very familiar...as if they ripped it straight from another company...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The only reason I'm excited for Move is because they're talking about a freakin' zombie smashing game. [http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/playstation-3/news/forget-start-the-party-playstation-move-creator-talks-up-motion-controlled-zombie-massacre-game/a-20100908142154583082/g-20060314115917309058] That alone would make me buy it.

But I must say that the gladiator game looks pretty awesome too. Now make that first person, add lightsabers, and voila; you got the game I want for the Move.

leeloodallasmultipass

THE Fifth Element
Mar 23, 2009
picked up move today... waiting for the re-mote's to charge up before I use it hehe.

But i agree wholeheartedly with Greg's comment about the eye camera being a ***** to set up.. the Camera does not stick very well to a surface, and the cable is really stiff so its hard to get it to point forward and stay still.

dnadns

Divine Ronin
Jan 20, 2009
Just tested it yestarday at home and I've got to say that I am pretty impressed.
While I largely agree with the article, I actually thought that playing while sitting works better for me on the Move than the other system.
I really hope that the patches for MAG and other titles come out soon and test this with those genres.
The Shoot wasn't that good at all sadly as the missing crosshair makes targeting really hard.
However, my personal favorite so far would be Tumble. It is simple, but really handles as expected, with almost the same precision as in real life.
Now I am actually really excited to see some more party-less games, especially if they handle as well as the first extended demo bunch.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
I had zero interest to buy this before, and that hasn't changed.

However, I'm willing to play it at Gamestop if they have a booth set up or something.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
If sony can make a game that integrates motion controls as well as Metroid Prime then they might make a sale here.

Of course all Nintendo needs to do is release Wii HD next year and clean up...again.

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
Looks alright, won't pick it up because if I did, I'd feel it neccesary to get at least another controller in order to play with a friend. I'm not in the mood for spending money on that.

Also, feels like I'm saying something totally obvious here, but is it just me, or is there almost no games planned(or shown yet) for the Move that aren't pretty much minigames? Only one I can think of is Sorcery.

P.S. I know games like Heavy Rain and Killzone 3 will have Move Support, but I meant games made with Move specifically in mind.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
here's the thing. it looks like it really works. I'm not sold on motion control (says the man with the Wii, although to be far very few use motion control) but at the very least it WORKS. So, Props. What took Nintendo up until the Plus to get right you got right once... maybe.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
looks ....ok the only game i saw that interested me was the gladiator one, and i dont think ill get move just for that

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Hmmmmm i'm not entirely sold. Like the sixaxis it seems like some developers use it well and others use it badly.

Although with the sword game it does look as though it can (potentially) work better than the Wii i guess it'll come down the the game library for it. If it gets some decent games it seems like it'd be a nice Wii-alternative for PS3 users.

Since it's just a peripheral i doubt we'll see any high budget games that are Move-dependant. At most we'll just get to use it as an alternative for some games.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
I hope they just polish off that party game. I am in no market for a new game or system add-on, but group games makes the system more enjoyable imo.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Greg Tito said:
Greg Tito would like to apologize to ThyNameIsMud for repeatedly kicking his ass
If you a get nerf bullet to the head, it wasn't my fault.