Happy New Year

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
What are your predictions for the new year? More of the same?
Yes.

Everything will get worse before getting better?
Depends where you live, and how you define better or worse.

Even if Covid goes, there's a shit tonne of issues to deal with. On the other hand, there's various positive trends that have occurred over the last decade as well, so pick your poison I guess.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Well seeing how that new strain of Covid is confirmed in Colorado, and WHO says the world hasn't even hit the bad phase of the pandemic yet, I'm predicting we in the states and the world at large have a lot more of the same for the next few years.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well seeing how that new strain of Covid is confirmed in Colorado, and WHO says the world hasn't even hit the bad phase of the pandemic yet, I'm predicting we in the states and the world at large have a lot more of the same for the next few years.
Its entirely possible that it will end up like the flu and just be a yearly thing that we all get to deal with since too many people didn't take this shit seriously.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I actually want things to go worse and to have a second shut down. It will make an entire geenration to take things more seriously; socially and politically.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Nothing happy about it.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Como es la situacion en Mejico?
Mal, la mayoría de los hospitales estan llenos, los negocios cerrados, no hay ayuda mucha ayuda del gobierno y la poca que hay no llega y "misteriosamente" aparece en tiendas, la vacuna solo va ser dada por el gobierno, en localizaciones muy limitadas y cantidades muy limitadas.

Agrega a eso que la gente no tiene trabajo (ni ayuda) así que el crimen esta subiendo, y la gente esta afuera haciendo todo el trabajo que pueda para no morir de hambre así que no estan tomando las precauciones necesarias, honestamente se están poniendo peor las cosas.

En cuanto a mí personalmente, mí hermana se enfermó y dio positiva a Covid así que puede que toda mi familia esté enferma, y estoy en cuarentena con ellos porque cometí el error de regresar para la cena de Navidad sin saber que estaba enferma.

Así, que sí todo esta muy mal.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Mal, la mayoría de los hospitales estan llenos, los negocios cerrados, no hay ayuda mucha ayuda del gobierno y la poca que hay no llega y "misteriosamente" aparece en tiendas, la vacuna solo va ser dada por el gobierno, en localizaciones muy limitadas y cantidades muy limitadas.

Agrega a eso que la gente no tiene trabajo (ni ayuda) así que el crimen esta subiendo, y la gente esta afuera haciendo todo el trabajo que pueda para no morir de hambre así que no estan tomando las precauciones necesarias, honestamente se están poniendo peor las cosas.

En cuanto a mí personalmente, mí hermana se enfermó y dio positiva a Covid así que puede que toda mi familia esté enferma, y estoy en cuarentena con ellos porque cometí el error de regresar para la cena de Navidad sin saber que estaba enferma.

Lo siento, espero que no lo contraigas, o si sí, lo sobrevivas.

Last edited:

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas

Tu gente necessitan copiar los gringos y protestar y robar las tiendas.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Lo siento, espero que no lo contraigas, o si sí, lo sobrevivas.
Well, everyone is surprisingly chill about it and no one has had any complications, I also very rarely get sick and I'm the only one not showing any symptoms, so I'll probably be fine, though even if I'm not I don't really mind if I die to be honest, but I'm worried for everyone else, but there's little I can do so there's no point in stressing over it, besides I'm already super stressed over other things so I couldn't possibly be more stressed out anyway.

Bit thanks for the sentiment.

Tu gente necessitan copiar los gringos y protestar y robar las tiendas.
Ya se esta haciendo, pero son las personas en las zonas rurales las que sufren, pero bueno ya que.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Happy new year!

I think things will probably improve now that they have effective vaccines for covid. A lot of restrictions can be lifted once they inoculated the risk groups which will take the pressure off the hospitals. A form of herd immunity might even be possible in the third quarter or so when enough people have taken a vaccine.

I think the pandemic will mostly be remembered for how quickly the scientific community could develop vaccines. The pandemic itself was(or is) nowhere near as bad as the Spanish Flu was. The quick vaccine turnaround is probably what the the world at large will become more reliant on with climate change and more novel viruses as a result of humanity encroaching on wild nature.

I sincerely hope the previous year was a wake-up call that we should be more considerate of earth's resources and start to seriously do something about animal abuse and the way we treat animals. And also seriously raise the issue of overpopulation and it's devastating effects. Before it is, indeed, too late.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
This dry January thing sucks.
Well on the bright side, you only have 30 more days to go:) I do dry January and after you body properly detoxes, it isn't that bad. It usually takes about 2 weeks for me, but then I drink far too much. So this year I'm determined to make a conscious effort to drink less.

Reactions: Baffle