Happy Valentine's Day! Celebrate With a Special Steam Co-op Sale

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Happy Valentine's Day! Celebrate With a Special Steam Co-op Sale

What better way to spend Valentine's Day than snuggling up on the couch for some co-op?

Couples that game together, stay together. To celebrate this fact, Valve is holding a special Valentine's Day on the best kind of games to play with your SO: co-op games. Beginning at 10:00 PST February 14, 26 of Steam's best co-operative titles will have various discounts for the duration of the weekend.

The list of games in the sale includes new releases such as Broforce [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139819-Free-Lives-Broforce-Alien-Infestation-Update-Brings-The-Facehuggers], as well as old-school favorites like Castle Crashers. While the exact discounts for all of the titles was not revealed, we can probably expect them to be anywhere from 10 to 90%, as we have seen in previous Steam sales.

For your information, the full list of titles that will be on sale are:

Dungeon Defenders II
Borderlands
Project Zomboid
Saints Row 2
Gauntlet
Dungeon Defenders
Sanctum 2
Serious Sam 3
Lethal League
Terraria
Orcs Must Die 2
Towerfall Ascension
Borderlands 2
Garry's Mod
Sanctum
Guns of Icarus Online
Castle Crashers
Magicka
Starwhal
Saints Row The Third
Serious Sam HD
Chariot
Serious Sam 2
Saints Row IV
Don't Starve Together
The Jackbox Party Pack
Portal 2
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
Gang Beasts
Broforce

Source: Valve [http://store.steampowered.com/sale/valentine/]

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Aww yiss Project Zomboid! Totally forgot about that game! And it's co-op? Cross-platform, too? Dayum.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
There is a flash sale on PSN, just in case if anyone is interested. Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete Awesome Mega Hyper Addict edition is on sale for 18 USD. AKA a steal.

I love valentines day. There is always a sale somewhere, so I can pick up some good games cheap. Being single also gives me more money to spent on it!

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Ooh, there's a lot of good titles here. Serious Sam HD First Encounter, here I come! And maybe a few friends if I can wheedle them into playing.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Are any of these local co-op? My SO and I only really have one machine capable of playing games between us (and besides, she doesn't have a Steam account).

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
snappydog said:
Are any of these local co-op? My SO and I only really have one machine capable of playing games between us (and besides, she doesn't have a Steam account).
Serious Sam has split screen up to 4, Gauntlet, and at least the original Borderlands should (have played it on the 360 and it had split screen there)

best suggestion would be go to steam, go down to specials, and check the filters for Games, and Co-Op (should be only like 1 page) then check out their store pages, and worst comes to worst you can always go to the community forums for the games and search for "couch", or "split screen" and see what the responses would be (these are typical questions for a game that advertises "co-op"

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
snappydog said:
I would suggest gauntlet, its pretty good fun. Kinda short though, me and my girlfriend spent out quiet day in playing and after five or so hours we were done with normal.