Hard boss in an easy game?

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
I know this topic might have appeared few times already but... what is the hardest boss you ever fought. In an overall easy game?

For me it was Ares in first God of War. Entire game was easy (maybe even too easy) but Ares... and especially the second part of the fight (when you fight with the "uber god sword).
GOSH! He's such a cheating *****! You attack him beat the crap out of him and than "boom" He regains all health with one hit and makes you defenseless.
Some hits are possible to block and some are not, sometimes the hit that you could normally block mysteriously goes through and whoops your ass. It was SOOO hard I don't know how many tries it took me but I was beating him for like 1,5 hour... And I only managed to beat him the next day :p.

And what's your hardest boss in an easy game? Because I'm certain there are bosses (like in JRPG's) who are MUCH harder and cheat WAY more than Ares. But they are usually not a big surprise since the overall game was super hard (like ninja gaiden 2). But sometimes game is easy and than BAM the boss is unbeatable.
Ever happened to you?

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Easy. Don't laugh, finish to get my anger.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for GBC.

In the end (spoiler warning... 8 years after the book) you battle the basilisk. This sounds like no biggy, and the boss is pretty easy too, but here comes the kicker.
It is a Turnbased combat system. You have an attack stat, that you never use, for there are no melee weapons, you only use spells. You spent the entire game upgrading those, and I could probably 1 or 2 hit the darn snake with those.

But noooooo, that's not canon, you have a sword. And you can only play as Harry. Hermione gets ripped from your party halfway, but she's almost always absent. Ron stays behind fallen rubble. He has an acceptable attack stat, compared to everyone else's. Harry's attack stat is his lowest stat. Your newly acquired sword uses the attack stat.

You're screwed, unless you use the cardcombo's (essentialy spell scrolls you don't need wands for). It's easier at level 70+, but you don't have that until your second run through, unless you're very exp-grind-happy...

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
De Ronneman said:
You're screwed, unless you use the cardcombo's (essentialy spell scrolls you don't need wands for). It's easier at level 70+, but you don't have that until your second run through, unless you're very exp-grind-happy...
I didn't even know there are rpg elements and levels in harry potter game Oo
That sounds so coll!

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
True Crime NYC. there was a warehouse scene, and you shoot your way through chinese gangsters, but then you hop on a swinging cargo crate to cross a gap and this guy jumps on too. the two people grapple trying to push each other off and the player has to button mash to push back. unfortunately this scene has an 87% chance of glitching and becoming unbeatable. no matter how fast you mash or how low you push the enemy, he WILL NOT FALL OFF. therefore, you must restart, replay the area, and retry the quicktime until it works.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
DoA:3's boss Omega.

Really the only reason he was soo hard was because of the awkward camera angle and controls. Other than that all you had to do was block and avoid his magic attacks.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Prince of Persia 2008. It wasn't hard, but I can see how some people would have an issue with it as it was a lot less forgiving than the rest of the game. The perspective shift made it worse.

Still, it gets very easy after the first time. The boss itself isn't difficult; it's just the abrupt change in perspective and visuals.

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
I found some of the bosses in Bourne a pain compared to the rest of the game.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
MadeinHell said:
De Ronneman said:
I didn't even know there are rpg elements and levels in harry potter game Oo
That sounds so coll!
It in fact IS a good game, with elements for pure greatness, if it didn't stick to the story like a kid to his bedsheets after eating 'smores.

It has clothing/armour, but they all do the same, and there is 1 perfect armor. One for speed, one for offense and one for defence would've been nice.

Giving us Hermione, easily the strongest character, for only 20% of the game bites ass.

Being very short, I advise you scream "No longer in production!" and download the rom. I bought it at ?15, and I still think it was a bit overpriced, even though I've easily played over 100 hours on it.

The minigames are pure gold. Too bad you have to unlock half of them by collecting cards.

That same card collecting can get you the best items, depending on the series you complete. Sounds fine, but when you spent a small fortune on getting those cards, being rewarded with a minigame with no in-game benefit, you feel screwed over.

There's 3 gameslots. Something I like (Nintendo: Pokémon with 2 slots. WHEN?), because you can go through the game by trial and error.

Conclusion: Good game, could've been great. Stick to this, since I played Goblet of Fire for DS, and it SUCKED. I still need to collect 1 card to buff all characters to the same stats, but I've been where it should be, but it's not there. Also, the blockingsystem doesn't work and the game has a habit of not telling you stuff.

Go play it, it's not going to take long, give it a shot, for everyone who reads this: go play it. It's fun. Some bits are stupid, and most of it is fetchquests, but it has a tradingsequence. Too bad you can finish it before attending your first class and you get the best armour in the game for free. You can actually get it twice, so that buffs your wallet a lot. *sigh* It could've been gaming history...

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
The guy at the end of Prototype, I spent two days tryign to beat him only to keep being fucked by the timelimit or some uber attack.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Two Angels said:
The guy at the end of Prototype, I spent two days tryign to beat him only to keep being fucked by the timelimit or some uber attack.
You mean the guy you throw missiles at? He was alrite, you just have to try not to get in hand to hand with him. He's a bit trickier if you miss with all of the throwable objects though.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
The guy at the end of Uncharted 2 really pissed me off.

I don't know how I'm going to kill him on Crushing....

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Ummm...Psychonaughts? The one with all the spinning & running.

& the pre-big-boss fight from Dungeon Siege 2.

TheSquirrelisKing

Mar 23, 2010
De Ronneman said:
Easy. Don't laugh, finish to get my anger.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for GBC.

In the end (spoiler warning... 8 years after the book) you battle the basilisk. This sounds like no biggy, and the boss is pretty easy too, but here comes the kicker.
It is a Turnbased combat system. You have an attack stat, that you never use, for there are no melee weapons, you only use spells. You spent the entire game upgrading those, and I could probably 1 or 2 hit the darn snake with those.

But noooooo, that's not canon, you have a sword. And you can only play as Harry. Hermione gets ripped from your party halfway, but she's almost always absent. Ron stays behind fallen rubble. He has an acceptable attack stat, compared to everyone else's. Harry's attack stat is his lowest stat. Your newly acquired sword uses the attack stat.

OMG YES! I hated that freaking thing. It ruined my birthday. I don't remember which one, but it was ruined by that boss.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Donnyp said:
Dissidia has some pretty bad moments. When you fight chaos he has so many attacks that can hit the entire field almost its lame. Bioshocks boss was pretty elite. just the way he would kill you in one hit almost it was bull. I know i have fought harder but its been awhile lol.
GRR i always get ninja'd by the second poster!!!

[sub]hehehe, "poster"
[/sub]

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Last boss from Psychonauts. Not the Butcher, the giant obstacle course thing...

I never want to see a circus ever, ever again...