Hard boss in an easy game?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
MadeinHell said:
De Ronneman said:
You're screwed, unless you use the cardcombo's (essentialy spell scrolls you don't need wands for). It's easier at level 70+, but you don't have that until your second run through, unless you're very exp-grind-happy...
I didn't even know there are rpg elements and levels in harry potter game Oo
That sounds so coll!
I liked the first HP game for the GBC. I played the beginning of the second but didn't get too far.

ON TOPIC: Sephiroth from the original Kingdom Hearts. I beat that game with a party in the level range of about the mid-50's. To beat Sephiroth I had to get Sora up to the lower 80's.

nadesico33

It's tragically delicious!
Mar 10, 2010
flaming_squirrel said:
Two Angels said:
The guy at the end of Prototype, I spent two days tryign to beat him only to keep being fucked by the timelimit or some uber attack.
You mean the guy you throw missiles at? He was alrite, you just have to try not to get in hand to hand with him. He's a bit trickier if you miss with all of the throwable objects though.
Yeah, there was actually a reason to upgrade forms besides Whipfist (in this case Musclemass). When turned on, he doesn't just toss the missiles, he hurls them like javelins. The biggest problem for me was always picking them up at a run unless the guy is distracted by the troops.

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
nadesico33 said:
flaming_squirrel said:
Two Angels said:
The guy at the end of Prototype, I spent two days tryign to beat him only to keep being fucked by the timelimit or some uber attack.
You mean the guy you throw missiles at? He was alrite, you just have to try not to get in hand to hand with him. He's a bit trickier if you miss with all of the throwable objects though.
Yeah, there was actually a reason to upgrade forms besides Whipfist (in this case Musclemass). When turned on, he doesn't just toss the missiles, he hurls them like javelins. The biggest problem for me was always picking them up at a run unless the guy is distracted by the troops.
Well honestly this guy wouldn't be to hard if THERE WAS NO TIME LIMT...
Any game that adds time limit to boss fight... or actually to any aspect (except for the mini-games) whatsoever gets instant -10 "fun factor".

If it's the final boss it also gets the official "go f*** yourself" badge of approval ;P

And I'm serious about that badge.

Calendor1

Oct 22, 2008
MadeinHell said:
I know this topic might have appeared few times already but... what is the hardest boss you ever fought. In an overall easy game?

For me it was Ares in first God of War. Entire game was easy (maybe even too easy) but Ares... and especially the second part of the fight (when you fight with the "uber god sword).
GOSH! He's such a cheating *****! You attack him beat the crap out of him and than "boom" He regains all health with one hit and makes you defenseless.
Some hits are possible to block and some are not, sometimes the hit that you could normally block mysteriously goes through and whoops your ass. It was SOOO hard I don't know how many tries it took me but I was beating him for like 1,5 hour... And I only managed to beat him the next day :p.

And what's your hardest boss in an easy game? Because I'm certain there are bosses (like in JRPG's) who are MUCH harder and cheat WAY more than Ares. But they are usually not a big surprise since the overall game was super hard (like ninja gaiden 2). But sometimes game is easy and than BAM the boss is unbeatable.
Ever happened to you?
Really? I thought fighting him was the easiest part of the game. It took me about a minute.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Pretty much every boss and/or special enemy in Dead Rising. They were ridiculously difficult if it was your first play through.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Metriod Prime 2 was realativly easy, but the Boost guardian is among the hardest bosses I've ever fought. There are few things as cheap as that ************.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Tiamat in Darksiders was a *****. Not only does she fly but to even get a scratch on her in the beginning you have to throw a dormant bomb on her and then use your Zelda boomerang to hit a torch and then the bomb before she moves from the ledge she perches on.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
In Chrono Trigger on the DS, the Dream Devourer. He may have less stats than the final boss, but seriously, what the hell? I spend the entire game focusing on using a party focused on strength, and suddenly I find out I have to fight a boss who is immune to anything but magic for the first half of the fight.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Deathtoll in Soul Blazer.

Pretty much everything in that game can be walked through from beginning to end without too terribly much effort, then you hit this guy. I had to grind on the snowballs in the mountain area for literally DAYS before I had enough life to outlast this fiend...

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Well im gonna pull a boss from a MMORPG, Mabinogi.

There is a relatively easy dungeon called Barri, most mid level players can breeze through it with little difficulty. However once you reach the boss you are introduced to

by himself he is the second most difficult regular boss in the game.

He has 2010 hp, a combat based character will generally do ~75 damage BEFORE factoring in the ogre's 26 points of defense and its 9% protection rate
75-26=49
49-[49*0.09]=44.59
2010/44.59=~45
~45 hits to take it down. Now also take into account it has a 10% chance of reducing the received attack to 1 dmg and retaliating immediately. Which brings in the next point. He does 300 damage per hit, 300hp for a normal character is barely obtainable.

In this one boss room you are faced with five. FIVE of them!!!

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Laying aside optional bosses, the Elder Wyrm from Final Fantasy XII is a huge shock to the system in an otherwise leisurely game, and a lot of players really struggle to get past it.

Though, technically, you can get past it, although doing so is even harder unless you're aware of a certain engine exploitation trick.

I don't know that I would call Lost Odyssey easy, but the two hardest bosses in the game are both on the first disk: The Grilgan, a huge griffin-like creature, and the Bogimoray, a huge electric worm.

The Grilgan is hugely overpowered, but very straightforward: you attack as hard and as often as you can, and if it doesn't choose to do its superattack more than once, you may survive.

The Bogimoray, however, is just nightmarish. It has an appalling amount of health relative to your damage capabilities, and can charge a superattack that deals ridiculous damage and paralyzes your whole party. And when you finally kill the thing, which so far has made for one of the hardest battles in the game, another one immediately spawns, at full health, with its superattack fully charged. It's so ridiculously unfair. No other boss in the game is as frustrating.

real life potato

Jul 7, 2009
Golden Sun. I flew through the campaign with little trouble. But f*kin Deathbeard.... And in Golden Sun 2, Dullahan is a freaking beast that I will have nightmares about because he is so difficult.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
LordNue said:
Fucking Galaxia Knight in Kirby Superstar Ultra. Guy's an asshole plain and simple.
He's not as bad as Marx Soul, the final boss of The True Arena. Marx Soul does a ton of damage, has attacks that are near-impossible to dodge, and is vulnerable for mere seconds. You need to beat 9 other really hard bosses to get to him, and there are very few healing items. If you lose- at all- you have to restart the whole thing.

And when you take the Stone power (which makes you completely invincible while in stone form), he never gets low enough for you to drop on him.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Ares was a ***** to defeat, the other bosses weren't even anywhere close to his level.

King Cutout, or however you say his name (from the haunted castle level in DK 64. That was a nightmare.)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
The very first boss in Final Fantasy 9 was a bit tough. Unreasonably tough actually for a first boss, usually you want to give the players time to warm up, not beat the crap out of them. (i'm referring to the one in the cave, early in the game, sorry I don't remember more details.)