Hard boss in an easy game?

fer1wi

Jun 4, 2009
LordNue said:
That1guy said:
But the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime....

No! Think...calm...thoughts...
: ( That asshole (and a potentially dead wii) is what prevents me from replaying the prime games on a harder difficulty. He leaves me almost dead on normal, he'll demolish me on hard.
A faulty copy of Metroid Prime 3 is what prevents me from progressing on it (Stops loading at Norion.)

Oh! And another boss!

The first Leviathan boss on Metroid Prime 3 (Forgot his name)...
It took me forever to beat this asshole because the game doesn't tell you what to do (I did scan him), and I sucked (first time playing a Wii game of that magnitude).

Not really a boss, more of a level: "Game Over" on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex (CoD 4 on the Wii). On the 360, that level is fun. On the Wii, you can't keep your aim straight because the car is moving everywhere.

Brok3n Halo

Jul 5, 2009
In addition to Bubble Bobble, which I mentioned earlier, I have to say the Yellow Devil from Mega Man 1 on NES. I can breeze through most that game, but I've never killed him without using the pause glitch trick. In later games hes easier because the slide ability, just without it I get hit too much when the devil goes to blocks.

Demons_Bane

Sep 9, 2009
The_Healer said:
The guy at the end of Uncharted 2 really pissed me off.

I don't know how I'm going to kill him on Crushing....
He is actually quite easy if you keep your space from him at all times and you don't freak out. Just keep shooting that blue sap on the trees when he is near it and he dies eventually.

fer1wi

Jun 4, 2009
LordNue said:
that1guy said:
LordNue said:
That1guy said:
But the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime....

No! Think...calm...thoughts...
: ( That asshole (and a potentially dead wii) is what prevents me from replaying the prime games on a harder difficulty. He leaves me almost dead on normal, he'll demolish me on hard.
A faulty copy of Metroid Prime 3 is what prevents me from progressing on it (Stops loading at Norion.)

Oh! And another boss!

The first Leviathan boss on Metroid Prime 3 (Forgot his name)...
It took me forever to beat this asshole because the game doesn't tell you what to do (I did scan him), and I sucked (first time playing a Wii game of that magnitude).

Not really a boss, more of a level: "Game Over" on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex (CoD 4 on the Wii). On the 360, that level is fun. On the Wii, you can't keep your aim straight because the car is moving everywhere.
Yeah he's a real dick hole. Even on subsequent playthroughs when you know what to do he's hard...maybe hard isn't the right word? Tedious is more like it, it's an annoying boss fight.
even the new meta ridly is easier then him
No need for spoilers, I already knew about Omega Ridley (but I appreciate the gesture).
Although, to be honest, the original Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime 3 was an exhilarating boss fight.

....I got nothing right now. I'll probably think of more later...

Brandon Lum

Apr 4, 2010
Night-Terror from Soul Cailbur III - Not fair by any means. You can try and defend him all you want, but everyone was easy until you got to that point. You can't justify pissing on someone and then draining half their life bar. Yes, there is an attack like that, along with the forehead beam.

Even worse than that, is Azazel from Tekken 6. He's scripted to have auto-block and insta-block attacks as well as def-att-moves. If that wasn't bad enough, the bastard also has block-break attacks. Not fun.

Generator

May 8, 2009
MadeinHell said:
God of War. Entire game was easy (maybe even too easy)
What the heck are you talking about? Climbing those stupid rotating towers with the spikes on them in Hades is driving me insane! Combat-wise, though, I agree.

OT: Crash 3: Warped always seemed like a pretty easy game to me (at least the easiest of the three originals for PS1), but Dingodile drove me up the wall trying to beat him! Every time I was about to kill him, he'd get me with his stupid flamethrower! He did have a catchy theme song though, so that sort of made up for it.

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
I think Ratchet and Clank: ToD is a pretty easy game but the bosses are a bit harder. Some took more than one life for me.

0BRiEX

Jun 21, 2009
The final boss in Kirby 64- Crystal Shards is like that. You're running along in a colourful happy place and then bam, there's this morphing, many-eyed thing that is damn hard to beat.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
LordNue said:
Regiment said:
LordNue said:
Regiment said:
LordNue said:
Fucking Galaxia Knight in Kirby Superstar Ultra. Guy's an asshole plain and simple.
He's not as bad as Marx Soul...
Marx Soul is literally just a slightly harder version of Marx....
Also Hammer>all of the bosses in True Arena.
See, I saw Galaxia as an upgraded Meta Knight...
It's fair to put them on the same level, they are the final two fights for a reason. If you want survivability go for the copy helper in Helper to Hero. His guard makes him invisible to everything and his attack is better then stone. It's a shame Copy kirby doesn't get the same guard.
That's how I beat Helper to Hero the first time, although I think my time with Hammer is a little faster.

Grounogeos

Mar 20, 2009
In Metroid Prime 2: Boost Guardian and Spider Guardian (if only because I kinda sucked at controlling the Morphball).

Metroid Prime 3: Dark Samus. STOP MAKING YOURSELF INVULNERABLE, YOU FUCKING *****! On Hypermode I'd almost always die to AU 313 because Dark Samus took so fucking long!

In Legend of Mana: the Boreal Hound. Every other boss, even the fucking Mana Goddess, was a perfectly reasonable challenge. Boreal Hound? He's at least 10-20 levels above the rest of Lake Kilma, and has at least one special technique that knocks off an obscene amount of your health.

nadesico33

It's tragically delicious!
Mar 10, 2010
Chronamut said:
Dragon Age isn't really a hard or easy game considering it has a combat difficulty changer, though the High dragon can be a hard fight if you are under level 14 or don't have decent gear or party composition.
I ended up having to down the difficulty during phase 2 of the final battle, after several tries. The AI scripts for my party went wonky and them always running off to fight the darkspawn (far away from me), while at the same time, I didn't have any party members with a maxed Mechanics skill, so the Ballistas would break down permanently.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Dr. octopus in the Spiderman 2 game was insanely hard to fight but out of sheer luck and perseverance I beat him... I later found out that I had a bullet-time like ability throughout the entire game that I just never used. I was pretty peeved about that

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I'd like to nominate the tank in Left 4 Dead (1&2), Grevious's Bodyguards in Republic Commando, any of the big daddies in Bioshock, Nihlus, Sion, and Trayus in The Sith Lords, the supermutant Overlords in Fallout 3, and Gandalf, Sauron, and The Witch-king in BFME2.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
The Prototype boss from the Sonic Adventure 2: Battle game... that was as annoying as crap I only ever beat it once