Hard boss in an easy game?

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I know that this was not a boss but I'm saying it. The level in the remake of Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox that had the ghost fish. Only part in the game that gave me trouble.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
LordNue said:
Regiment said:
LordNue said:
Fucking Galaxia Knight in Kirby Superstar Ultra. Guy's an asshole plain and simple.
He's not as bad as Marx Soul...
Marx Soul is literally just a slightly harder version of Marx. He only has two new attacks. If you can beat Marx you can do Marx Soul with no problem. Whereas Galaxia Knight is mostly new. He has a few attacks that are similar to metaknight's but most of them are either much harder to dodge or are completely new. I've always found GK to be harder then MS. Hell even Mask Dedede is harder then Marx Soul in my opinion.
Also Hammer>all of the bosses in True Arena.
See, I saw Galaxia as an upgraded Meta Knight and didn't mind him too much, for whatever reason (not that he's easy or anything- heck no). Mask Dedede's not too hard, since his attacks are pretty dodgeable. Let's call Galaxia and Marx Soul comparable. For me, the surprisingly hard boss is that crummy Fatty Whale. He's just too hard to dodge (because he's so big) and he's too unpredictable when he goes offscreen.

Hammer's great for Arena modes, make no mistake, but Stone wins for me on pure survivability. It turns every battle into a war of attrition, but hey.

(Hammer totally wins vs. Computer Virus, though. Easiest boss fight ever.)

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
real life potato said:
Golden Sun. I flew through the campaign with little trouble. But f*kin Deathbeard.... And in Golden Sun 2, Dullahan is a freaking beast that I will have nightmares about because he is so difficult.
Dullahan wasn't that difficult if you had the right trick, actually. But in a straight up fight...yeah. He was a nightmare. Didn't help that he could use the second strongest summon in the game on you.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Two Angels said:
The guy at the end of Prototype, I spent two days tryign to beat him only to keep being fucked by the timelimit or some uber attack.
I beat on on my first try with less than a second remaining. I dropped my controller, pushed my chair back on its back two legs and let out a huge sigh of relief. I hated that boss. I didn't think he was hard, I just didn't want to redo it because I wanted to beat him without the missiles to rub it in my friends face (she took three tries without them before finally resorting to using them) and just going at him with my blade arm. I thought the ending seemed rush, which is really my only complaint about the game. Prototype sits amongst one of my favorite games of last year.

OT: Going one on one against Crawmerax the Invincible from the Borderlands Secret Armory DLC. I got destroyed... A lot.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
The final boss of Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The entire game is pretty easy and you don't really have to go out of your way to keep up the difficulty.
But then you get to the final boss and it pretty much ***** slaps you across the face. -_-

I had to run around the previous area for quite a while just to run into random encounters so I could try to level up some more to get past the jerk. >.>

apelsz

Mar 15, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Demyx in KH2. The whole battle, where he's turning you into cards annoyed the hell out of me to the point I had to use a guide.
That's Luxord. But Demyx is a frickin pain too. In fact, EVERY Organization XIII member should be given that honor, especially Xaldin. Levels for most Org. XIII members in the earlygoing: late 20s.

Level before I could kill Xaldin: early 40s.

Strangely enough, the only exception is Xemnas himself. He's the final boss of the game, but I can beat him easily. He's probably the easiest boss in the game, besides the fight with Axel as Roxas, obviously.

Brok3n Halo

Jul 5, 2009
The final boss of Bubble Bobble. I love that damn game so much. I own it on 4 separate platforms.Played it all the way through dozens of time. But have never survived that boss fight. Once a friend and I beat it, but I died moments before the end of the fight T_T

On the Ares in God of War he's pretty variable. The first time I got to him he just kept getting into a sequence that wold completely own every time I'd get get him low on energy. Each match would be exhaustively long because of the constant back and forth and a shared health bar.eventually I got so angry I turned off the system and walked away (I rarely get angry at anything and usually never take a break from a challenging part of a game, I'm more the type to keep obsessively trying until I succeed) Turned it on an hour or two later and he was a piece of cake. It's happened multiple times too. and every time he is insanely hard and cheap, he stays that way until I restart the console. I think it's a AI glitch. Or a very cruel practical joke...

apelsz

Mar 15, 2010
LordNue said:
I, oddly enough, found Sephiroth to be pretty easy in 2. Mostly because of that reaction command thing they put in, the fight basically comes down to "Have short combos and have your finger ready to hit triangle" as long as you have health restoring items and shit for when he does that one move you're fine.
True, though I still can't beat him. I guess I just suck.

Hristo Petrov

Nov 11, 2009
Gilgamesh second battle Final Fantasy 12 I played trough the entire game with almost no strategy leveling up only 3 characters and laying waste to every single creature that stood in my way but this guy took me 40 goddamn minutes to kill and I almost lost
P.S. The final boss was a complete *****

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
The second time you fight Lancelot aka Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic and the Black Knight. The first time you fight him, he's easy as hell. But the second time around it's like he suddenly remembered he had chaos powers.

fer1wi

Jun 4, 2009
De Ronneman said:
Easy. Don't laugh, finish to get my anger.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for GBC.

In the end (spoiler warning... 8 years after the book) you battle the basilisk. This sounds like no biggy, and the boss is pretty easy too, but here comes the kicker.
It is a Turnbased combat system. You have an attack stat, that you never use, for there are no melee weapons, you only use spells. You spent the entire game upgrading those, and I could probably 1 or 2 hit the darn snake with those.

But noooooo, that's not canon, you have a sword. And you can only play as Harry. Hermione gets ripped from your party halfway, but she's almost always absent. Ron stays behind fallen rubble. He has an acceptable attack stat, compared to everyone else's. Harry's attack stat is his lowest stat. Your newly acquired sword uses the attack stat.

You're screwed, unless you use the cardcombo's (essentialy spell scrolls you don't need wands for). It's easier at level 70+, but you don't have that until your second run through, unless you're very exp-grind-happy...
Fuck, I could not (CAN NOT!) get past that damn snake.

My cousin had Chamber of Secrets for the GBA, but it seemed far more easier than my GBC version. Also, I have arachnophobia, so getting past that giant spider scared the fuck out of me.

Mini-games were fun (I was especially good at Quiddich[?, It's been to long]), but my GBC game became corrupted somehow, so I can't play this anymore.

OT: Essentially this.

But the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime....

No! Think...calm...thoughts...