Hard West Preview - A Lovecraftian Frontier Tale

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Hard West Preview - A Lovecraftian Frontier Tale

Stop me if you've heard this one before: XCOM, Lovecraft, and Clint Eastwood walk into a bar...

Read Full Article

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I must say, this is a pretty-looking game. Like Grim Dawn but easier to see, for one thing.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Ok, I am VERY interested.

I've always wondered why there weren't more games set in a sort of "Deadlands" or "Weird West" type setting. The last one I can think of is "Darkwatch", which came out for the Xbox/PS2 about a decade ago, and that game was awesome.

And agree with an earlier post, does have something of a 'Grim Dawn' look to it, which is a-ok in my book.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Ihateregistering1 said:
Ok, I am VERY interested.

I've always wondered why there weren't more games set in a sort of "Deadlands" or "Weird West" type setting. The last one I can think of is "Darkwatch", which came out for the Xbox/PS2 about a decade ago, and that game was awesome.

And agree with an earlier post, does have something of a 'Grim Dawn' look to it, which is a-ok in my book.
Ah, I remember Darkwatch....me and a friend did the co-op campaign, because this was in the glorious ancient past when the God-Emperor had united the warring factions of Mankind, anything seemed possible and games still had split-screen multiplayer. To this day we still share in-jokes about the ridiculously awesome steampunk weaponry and goofy vampiric powers the main character gets.

OT

Ok, this looks extremely intriguing! I'm gaining an increased fondness for Weird West concepts and frontier settings in general, particularly if their laced with supernatural horror - here's hoping the Kickstarter goes according to plan.