Hardest decision you've ever had to make in a Video Game?

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Bastion, both during the last mission and the ending sequence.

Saved Zulf, His reaction to the diary was justified once you realized what was in it. He knew one side of the story, Rucks knew the other. So I saved him. The sequence that followed is probably one of the most emotional moments I have ever had in a video game. Bravo Greg Kasavin (Game writer and Creative director) and bravo Supergiant Games.

I also didn't use the Bastion to reset everything. I did all the side challenges so I knew everyones backstory. All the horrid events in all of their lives had a good chance of happening all over again with no way to change it. Searching for other survivors and land untouched by the Calamity seemed the best choice.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
chasdemerak said:
Mass Effect, Virmire. If you played it, you know which decision I'm talking about.
Still, not that hard once you know the outcomes. After that it kind of becomes a no-brainer. At least to me it did.

EDIT: But yes, when playing through BioWare games the first time, some of those decisions will have you pause the game and think about it for upwards of 20 minutes.

EDIT2: When I have 6 Pokémon in my party and there's a 7th I really want to use. Who gets the Box? When I was 10, I must've mulled it over for 2 hours.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Probably the part of the Dark brotherhood quests in TES:Oblivion where you're told to eliminate all of your brothers and sisters in the sanctuary, I had a very long think about that one and seriously considering just ignoring the order entirely..

Yes I get way too emotionally attached to fictional characters.

Probably not the HARDEST but it's the one that sticks out in my mind.

Foxblade618

Apr 27, 2011
Mass Effect, choosing whether or not to focus fire on that bastard Sovereign. Mass Effect 2, Legion's loyalty mission.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
The original Infamous when you have to make a decision to save either your girlfriend Trish, or a group of doctors. I was so indecisive I let them both die the first time, but then at the respawn, I chose Trish (the Evil decision).

Then this happened:

Cole: Trish?

Imposter Girl: Who the hell's Trish? Get me out of here!

Trish [falling to her death]: COOOOOLE!

Me/Cole: TRISH!