Hardest dificulties that are ACTUALLY BLOODY HARD!

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Tesral said:
What!?! No Touhou yet?

The thing about Touhou is that it sits between hardcore and masocore difficulty, in that it never kills you unfairly or with unexplained mechanics. That's what makes me want to keep playing it more than a shmup that kills you just to gain noteriety as a sadistic game or to steal your coins at an arcade.

Interesting fact: The closest I have ever got to beating this boss is getting to about 9:15 in the video. Yes, I was pissed.
I must have missed your post, because I just made something regarding Touhou. For me, I've been attempting Touhou 6. I remember when I got Remelia down to her very last spell card and dying and just screaming to myself "SOOOOOO CLOSE!" I don't know if I'll ever be able to replicate those results, and I'm taking a hiatus from that game just because it was becoming exhausting having to play it every day just to see if I'll beat it. The game is interesting in the fact that I never get frustrated with it despite the difficulty. In the end I'll die a lot, but I know it's a difficult game so I'll have a good laugh about it.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Cheap hard or fun hard as in it was hard but not cheap.

For cheap hard, every CoD game. Those are so cheap its not funny, so much raging in those games. Also Ninja Gaiden 2 on xbox. Ninjas are out of the draw distance and are hitting me with arrows, nit fun.

Fun hard, The new castlevania was the perfect blend. I never raged because of the game, but my own skill. Same for crysis 2, maybe its because you could sneak the whole game, or I knew if I messed up in the middle of combat I'd die.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Resistance: Fall of Man had a crazy hard Superhuman mode. See... in it, you have 4 chunks of health. You can take damage and it will regenerate up a chunk if it's only partially drained, so you could go out, get shot up a bit, then head back to cover, and regenerate back to full health, but if you stayed out too long you'd only have half health or so. On superhuman, one single shot from a bullseye brought a chunk down to a tiny sliver left, so you could only last five shots in rapid fire, basically. I think I somehow managed to beat the first level or two, but it was insanely hard...

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
I'm going to have to say Halo 3 LASO (Legendary All Skulls On). Played it with a friend starting on the first level. After 3.5 hours, we decided to quit when we couldn't get to the second checkpoint. And if I wasn't playing co-op, then every death would send me back to the beginning of the level. Terrifyingly hard.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Is using "Impossible" difficulty on I Wanna Be The Guy cheating?

If it is...hardest I've played is Hard mode on God Hand. I mean, yeah, I eventually beat it.

Eventually.

We're talking 280 continues by the end of the game...and that's actually inaccurate, because I rage-quit once without saving after failing against Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver a couple hundred times.

Still, it was worth it to end the game with a Double Shaolin Blast, ripping through the final boss' own projectile and killing him.

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
I've never played a particularly easy game in my life except maybe portal. Honestly, you play any game on the hardest difficulty, even is it's normally pretty easy, hard/hardcore/insane/veteran/legendary/whatever the fuck it is, the hardest difficulty is ALMOST ALWAYS FUCKING hard.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Dead Space 2, Hardcore mode.

It's balls-difficult, and you're only allowed to save your game three times. And there are no checkpoints. Meaning a Necromorph can sneeze on you and it will send you back 4 hours of gameplay.

It's the one trophy I'm missing from the whole game, and I don't think I'll ever get it.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
i think the hardest setting on metal gear solid is hard , still on that snow boss sniper fight cant beat them , and i think cod on vetrean is actually really easy , all you have to do is stay in cover pop out shoot , i mean it takes a while but the games not that long ive beaten ,cod 2, cod4 , mw2 , WaW, and black ops all on vetrean

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
labbu said:
I'm already having a hard time with Ninja Gaiden 2's Warrior difficulty (currently stuck at the 3rd test of Valor), can't imagine what Master Ninja is like, I assume all regular ninja's will just spam exploding shurikens and kamikaze attacks.
Yup. Nearly every ninja is replaced with IS ninjas. Only way to beat the game is to abuse invincibility frames (obliteration moves, throws, that fraction of a second when you are in the middle of a dodge) or all those IS explode and you die. Two hits is all it takes as well since you won't have any health at the start of the game. It gets easier after you beat level 2 though. That courtyard fight where you get the trials key is the hardest part of the whole game.

I never finished Master Ninja mode. Got stuck at Giga Death boss. Might have been able to beat him but I was pretty burnt out by the time i reache it.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
RanD00M said:
ninjapenguin1414 said:
Demon Souls specifically the valley of defilement if you played it you should know what im talking about also persona 3/4
Demon's Souls doesn't really count since there is no adjustable difficulty.
But there is a hidden, harder setting. If you beat the game and start over it ramps it up another 40%.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
jakko12345 said:
COD: world at war on Veteran. NNNGGHHHHHHHHH *grinds teeth*
Especially that sniper part, as well as when you are storming the Capital.

OP: Halo 2 on legendary was just ridiculous

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
atled3 said:
cod waw on veteran.
So many grenades.
That mainly involved running around between cover like a total idiot. It's one of these things you get the hang of by the third level, and becomes quite enjoyable after that.

madmsk

Apr 18, 2010
Don said:
CoD4 on Veteran; still not completed it.

Edit: In fact, have only done 2 proper levels; I couldn't get past Charlie Don't Surf's TV station.
Don't be ashamed. The TV station is easily the hardest part of Cod4 on vet, except maybe the plane or the sniper mission.

Left 4 Dead 2 with Expert Realism is fucking ridiculous.

njrk97

May 30, 2011
airblade on ps2 it didnt have a diffculty i think but **** me it was so frustrationg it takes on a pro skater feel with the complete the mission thing but it takes so many atempts to get everthing in one turn and if you stuff up and restart you have to do it all over again it like 4 bojectives then another 4 then the final and half it ti is finding bad guy to knock down aand stuff like that arrrrrrrrr rage

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Call of Duty: World at War's Veteran campaign.

I've had experiences on that difficulty that have included running, hiding, crying, pot-shotting, shielding myself from a gigantic rain of invisible grenades and dying in less than a split second of any of my body parts being out on the open.

I got less then halfway through. American front missions drove me insane, so I took my disc out and packed it far away in my drawer because no one I know plays the multiplayer anymore anyway.

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
i wanna be the guy.
even on easy it destroyes the hardest difficulty of many other games.
my god. the game just wants you to die. it wants you to die so much.

captcha: the keteence