Hardspace: Shipbreaker On Sale

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So I just noticed that Hardspace Shipbreaker is on sale on Steam until May 10. It's even got a story mode now, which I haven't tried out yet, but I think the game is super fun even back when I was playing it and it was just the various ship models that you broke down.

I've frequently compared this to Firefly/Space Jenga. In that the mood of the game is "blue collar space worker" that feels like it's inspired by Firefly, but the game itself, is like playing Jenga. If the stack of wooden blocks were instead a starship, with lots of different components, that can all potentially cause a cascade failure that will blow you up. Despite that premise, the game is actually a really cool, chill, zen kind of game, that is super addictive....until you fuck up and asplode yourself in spacedock :D

I personally felt it was worth buying even without the story mode, but now with that, I'd say it's VERY much worth the $17.49 US it's currently tagged for.

Super fun game, with even more content now than before. I'd say check it out if you were curious about it, but holding off.