Harmonix Employees Posted Positive Rock Band 4 Amazon Reviews

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
Not so bad. They did something silly, owned up to their mistake, and made steps toward correcting it. Had this come from a larger company, there would first be denial, then finger-pointing, then all that other political malarkey until everyone forgets about it, ultimately resolving nothing in the end, and they would keep on doing it.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
This kinda thing is the norm it seems judging by how frequently this seems to come up, which according to tip of the iceberg theory means a lot more must be slipping through the cracks.

Heck, how do you even get caught doing this anyways? Let's say I was a harmonix employee, I'd just go to someone elses house/computer, make a bogus account there and write the review. Good luck tracing it back to me unless I was stupid enough to brag about it. Also I'd make my review a little less glowing but tbh people really do write reviews like that on metacritic so it should probably be ok on that front too.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Shouldn't matter. Authors give their books positive reviews all the time. Unless they have thousands of people on their teem doing it, it really wouldn't effect the score.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
Well there's no actual rule that those who are attached to the company can't play or review the game. If you're an owner and player well your review is just as valid.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
MonsterCrit said:
Well there's no actual rule that those who are attached to the company can't play or review the game. If you're an owner and player well your review is just as valid.
"i've been developing this game for a year or so but it looks like i'm a new fan of my own game"

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
weirdee said:
MonsterCrit said:
"i've been developing this game for a year or so but it looks like i'm a new fan of my own game"
Perfectly valid, but here's the thing, in a system where all players can review therein lies the balance. an overwhelming glowing review will be compared against others and if the details do not add up...there lies a red flag. You can give a positive review but if you don't make not of any flaws or problems while everyone else does... that is suspicious.

You can recommend something highly while still acknowledging it's flaws and you can be totally against something but still acknowledge what it did right.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
My conspiracy senses suggest me that it was done for publicity. I'd like to know how many people heard about this and thought "wait, Rock Band 4 is already out?"

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
Unfortunately, a lot of people have contracts that include pay/bonus scales based on Metacritic scores. That's unfair.
Otherwise this is completely stupid because it's like a person complaining that Hillary Clinton is going to vote for herself.
OOOHHH! Bias Hillary Clinton! SLAM! Democracy is fundamentally flawed!

Get over it, only so many people work at Harmonix and the entirety of internet should balance it out as a whole on a AAA release. This is like complaining that there's Yelp reviews by the restaurant's owner. Of course there is.

This is news story sensationalism trolling us. I'm also with Frankster, how the hell did this news story break?