Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Review

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Review

The Boy Who Lived finally hangs up his wand.

Read Full Article

Griffin Herod

Aug 26, 2010
Umm...he didn't hand up anything. He went on to be an Auror,sort of an elite police man for the Ministry that captures Dark wizards or witches, as it says in the book. :/

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I remember having the first Harry Potter game on my old Playstation, and to my memory it seemed like a pretty good game. That may just be because I was a kid though.

Also it would be pretty cool if someone decided to make a massive Harry Potter game that covers all of the books and get people that actually know how to make games to do it.

slacker09

Aug 2, 2010
Griffin Herod said:
Umm...he didn't hand up anything. He went on to be an Auror,sort of an elite police man for the Ministry that captures Dark wizards or witches, as it says in the book. :/
I think he was just referring to the games, meaning there probably wont be anymore new stories coming from them.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
I liked Philosophers stone. That's about it. I always felt if the movies get to do over the book, the game itself should be standalone as well, not a tie in. But alas. We do not live in such a world yet -sigh-

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
LobsterFeng said:
I remember having the first Harry Potter game on my old Playstation, and to my memory it seemed like a pretty good game. That may just be because I was a kid though.

Also it would be pretty cool if someone decided to make a massive Harry Potter game that covers all of the books and get people that actually know how to make games to do it.
in order for that game to be "good" it would have to be really really really really long!
and games that are that long are not good at all.

in order to make it a reasonable length to play they would have to cut out most of the book.
it would just be a guy with a wand running around yelling stuff at trolls and other wizards with out you really knowing why.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Huh. Sounds like the usual minimum effort tie-in game. Though I guess they at least tried to improve the gameplay somewhat.

I know someone who was involved in making the 4th harry potter game. I spent some time talking to him on a game development forum anyway.

He was responsible for the potions minigame back then.

Still, I agree this has merit as a shooter with an alternate theme...

Speaking of which, does anyone here remember Hexen? Back in the days of doom, and the original Duke nukem, that was essentially a shooter with all the usual weapons replaced by things such as magic wands and the like.

Although, to be honest at the time I felt it seemed to be a little flat. It was just too much like a shooter with a 'magic' theme tacked onto it. Right down to the way you needed 'ammo' for the various weapons.

It does still make me wonder why we haven't seen more inventive adaptations of various ideas though...

A magic themed space combat game anyone? (or maybe floating island based, which in terms of gameplay would work quite similarly, assuming you can't reach ground level.)

epikAXE

Save the planet: It has beer!
Oct 26, 2009
But nostalgia tells me that the second Harry Potter game was awesome...

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
epikAXE said:
Nay! The first one was best!

My nostalgia's better than yours!

EDIT: Looking at these screenshots, I found myself reading the subtitles in exactly the right voices...

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Who else thinks a Harry Potter RPG would kick ass? Just a thing where you go to Hogwarts and depending on how you want to play you get sorted into one of the four houses. It has the potential to suck but i think it could work

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
LobsterFeng said:

I still have both the Philosopher's Stone and the Chamber of Secrets on PS1 and I can say that, even today, they are two of the BEST Harry Potter games ever made. It's just a shame they didn't continue to make Prisoner of Azkaban as well.

The ONLY game that lets you fly Arthur Weasley's flying Ford Anglia. Hell yeah!

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Harry Potter. Warner Bros won't give up the license that easily. Besides, games based on a huge franchise that are developed without being tied to a specific film have got a bigger chance at being good.

I concur with the Hogwarts RPG game. Someone get Bethesda on that!

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Tharwen said:
epikAXE said:

EDIT: Looking at these screenshots, I found myself reading the subtitles in exactly the right voices...

I loved that game so much XD

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I loved the first 2 games on PC, and 3 was ok on Xbox. Though I'll admit that I didn't like any of the other ones except the LEGO Games. Nostalgia, Nostalgia...

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
The first two games were pretty good, although aimed at a more lenient target audience

EDIT: I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt Molly's moment of awesome was a tad short

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Tharwen said:
epikAXE said:

I loved that game so much XD
"It's Potty Wee Potter!"

So did I. I think I must have spent a long time restarting the game over and over again because I can't really remember the end...