Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Review

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
I had the first game on my shitty old PC. I remember it being pretty good, but I was also 7 sooooo.... yeah.

Daniel Park

Oct 10, 2010
Perhaps I'm an überfanboy of the HP universe, but I actually tire of "real" gamers constantly lamenting that all the HP games were a shameless cash grab and of zero artistic merit. Not everyone prefers twitch style FPS gaming, and I think the ones that focused on platforming and exploration over combat were mostly done quite well. With the exception of the two Deathly Hallows games, I've played them all. Here's how I'd rank them, from best to worst:

1. Order of the Phoenix (they basically hand you the keys to an authentic Hogwarts and say, "Go nuts.") Terrific title.
2. Lego Harry Potter years 1-4 - a lot of craftsmanship and a real sense of fun went into this. A lot of the cutscenes are laugh out loud funny.
3. Sorcerer's Stone. An HP game before they started having to conform to the movies. This let them take a few more liberties with the art style (albeit PS1 at the time) and include minor characters like Peeves.
4. Chamber of Secrets. More of the same.
5. Prisoner of Azkaban. Odd stylistic choices and uneven pacing make the title appear a bit slapdash. This is the first one where the game characters resembled their film counterparts, which was done poorly.
6. Quiddich World Cup. The first one I would have called flat-out bad. Poor mechanics, cultural insensitivity, and repetitive, annoying commentary made this one a loser.
7. Goblet of Fire. A total waste of time. Devs shat upon their core audience by trying to make Harry "edgier," abandoning their successful platforming/exploration model and going for a (badly done) combat angle.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Tharwen said:
imnotparanoid said:
Tharwen said:
epikAXE said:
But nostalgia tells me that the second Harry Potter game was awesome...
Nay! The first one was best!

My nostalgia's better than yours!

EDIT: Looking at these screenshots, I found myself reading the subtitles in exactly the right voices...

I loved that game so much XD
"It's Potty Wee Potter!"

So did I. I think I must have spent a long time restarting the game over and over again because I can't really remember the end...
Thats because it was bloody hard, I won it once in 5 years, my freind who I borrowed it off never did.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
You know, considering the films are all over now, anyone else think there might be a chance that someone is gonna make a really good game based on the events of all 7 books?

Between all of them, it would make a kickass game, if done right.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Hopefully they can make a good set of games that follows the events of the books better.

A harry potter RPG would be nice. When the game starts it could give a personality quiz and from those results they could tell you which house you are in.

Elyxard

Dec 12, 2010
It really saddens me that we can't get a real Harry Potter game because every movie absolutely must have a cheap videogame cash-in. It's a disgrace to the industry. Why can't the videogame be the best form of the adaptation?

The Harry Potter universe is rife with videogame potential, just like the Star Wars universe. Though half of the Star Wars games are shameless cash-ins, we've also gotten a lot of really awesome games that take advantage of what that universe can offer. Harry Potter could easily manage the same thing. Get on it videogame industry.

May 25, 2010
Hey the first 3 games, especially chamber of secrects, were pretty damn good! The others were pretty meh (it was kind of cool in order of the phoenix that you could explore hogwarts). But the deathly hallows ones are complete shit, I don't know why they would make the TPS.

CezarIgnat

Jul 5, 2009
Griffin Herod said:
Umm...he didn't hand up anything. He went on to be an Auror,sort of an elite police man for the Ministry that captures Dark wizards or witches, as it says in the book. :/
You really could have added a spoiler you know...

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I'm still laughing over, "2hours and 52 minutes!?"

To me, Wands being used as AK-47's is just dumb. Wands are suppose to be magical tools, not weapons used to slaughter people in War.

Yeah, I know this is a war... but seriously, this makes wands seem like AK-47's they hand out to kids when they're 11. Sure, you can stop and arrest the kid or put warning's, but you're still handing an 11 year old a weapon of death.

~.~ Stupify!