Harry Potter and the Little Golden Man

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Said like that, it rather makes me want to pick up and read the books again--because I've read three of them only once, having moved more or less past the series by the time the fifth book came out. Maybe I'll just watch the movies all over again. Or all of them, since I haven't seen the latter half of the films. Reading this kind of makes me want to.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I read the read the first couple of books while working over summer in a book shop. Goblet of Fire had just come out and people where clamouring for it for a Christmas present, we sold more HP books than every other book combined so I was intrigued. I read them at the counter when it was quiet, I'm glad I didn't buy them. Terribly written, yet compelling page turners. Like Dan Brown for Kids. If the writing was better I'd even say Matthew Reilly for Kids. They needed a strong edit to cut the waffle. I can only imagine that the films are more tollerable thanks to their relative brevity. I agree that such a massive undertaking brought to completions deserves some kudos. Kudos, not an Oscar nomination.

KirbyKrackle

Apr 25, 2011
I hope that the movie gets "snubbed" just for all the delicious whining from the fans that will ensue. And since when has basing a movie on a thing with a slavering, millions-strong fanbase who will be guaranteed to consume related products no matter how garbage ever been considered risky?

All this article does is give evidence as to why Deathly Hallows might win Best Picture (e.g., bowing to popular sentiment, no matter how ignorant), not why it should.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
With the possible exception of Alan Rickman, there should definitely be no acting noms coming out of this movie. Even Rickman will only be nominated if these years supporting actor roster is relatively weak. Helena Bonham Carter in my opinion has done equally well over the course of the series, but her role in the final flick is pretty minor so i don't expect her to be nominated for it.

Other than that I think its really only deserving of the various technical awards, and the Best Picture nominations as a nod to the series as a whole.