Harry Potter Gets Scared Witless In His Next Movie

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Hopefully the source material will mean they go for the subtle sort of horror that the book did well, rather than just putting in jump scares like in that trailer...

vansau said:
Now that the Harry Potter movies are finished.
They are? Since when?

Nosense

May 24, 2010
Meh the trailer was so-so, I like more atmospheric scary movies than say a more pop scares like insidious was >>

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I think I'd watch this. Just to see how he acts in something that isn't Harry Potter. He does look much older here though, doesn't he?

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
It really irritates me when actors are referred to by the names of character's they've played. It sort of cheapens other roles they play somehow.

As for the movie, well, that trailer was fairly cool. Maybe it'll turn out to be one of the few horror movies I actually watch.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Woodsey said:
Kind of weird seeing him as an actual man.

In Harry Potter he's either actually been in a school uniform, or he's looked like a 16-year-old dressed as a librarian.
I was gonna say something along the lines of this.

He looks like he's got a respectable career ahead of him

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
My friends will make me go just because he's in it....even though I would rather go see Mr. Felton in another movie....

But hopefully it'll be good. I liked it so far from the trailer....

Forktongue

May 19, 2009
vansau said:
Basically, the story follows a lawyer named Arthur Kipps who is summoned to a small English town to wrap up the affairs of a recently-deceased reclusive widow in a small English town.
So where does this take place? Seriously though, I feel like I've see things like this here more and more lately. I don't mean any disrespect but is there an editor at The Escapist or are the writers in charge of editing their own work?

Back to topic. That was a pretty good trailer, I tend to prefer the more atmospheric horror to the gore-fests. I also think it's good that he isn't trying to prove his versatility. Let him get some more experience and shake the Potter label a bit. Besides, I'm sure he could have a long and successful career in the fantasy and/or period genres.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
taking me mate to see this, she thinks Harry Potter is scary so she'll probably die of fright with the lady in black!

FirearmsKill

Oct 12, 2010
Woodsey said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Woodsey said:

In Harry Potter he's either actually been in a school uniform, or he's looked like a 16-year-old dressed as a librarian.
I know, right? Good grief is it really almost over? Almost feels like the end of an era for me, it's the last franchise from my middle school years to wrap up. I mean yeah we've got The Hobbit coming out in a year or two but it's like this is capping off the last decade of movies.

Oh well, once the screen goes black at the end of the Part 2 I intend to shout in the theater "WOOO HOO! IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!"
"Twilight FTW!" is going to be mine.

The last one is the only one I haven't seen in the cinema though (or seen at all yet) - couldn't really be arsed after the Half Blood Prince. That film was 40 minutes too long, and boring.
Yea it's weird seeing him play as someone closer to his real age.

Have to agree with KeyMaster45, does feel like the end of an era.

And really Woodsey you thought the Half Blood Prince was too long? If anything I thought it felt shorter than the others. Though I do admit it did seem to drag on at a point or two. For example when Harry force feed Dumbledore tainted water and the last drop just wouldn't go down! Although I expected a scene like that in the Harry Potter: The Later Years movie, where Dumbledore is paralyzed from that huge fall and Harry needs to assist feeding him so Gryffindor can earn 10 points and win that pizza party they've been working so hard for.

OT: Most people who stay with one series for a while tends not to have a successful career after it ends and they try to branch out. It looks and I hope it's different for Mr. Radcliffe.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
dragongit said:
Much like Elijah Wood, Radcliffe ventures out into perhaps more mature setted movies. I mean we had Wood in Sin City, mind you he was a villian. Anyway, I'd like to see what Radcliffe does from here, maybe a voice over for an animated movie too.
Well he already lent his voice to an episode of the simpsons, playing a piss taker of Edward Cullen (interesting considering Robert Pattinson played Cedric Diggory.)

Anyway, he was in my village shooting part of this movie at one point. Interesting, to say the least. He's far shorter than you'd think... the egg crate and step-ladder companies must have made millions off of the Harry Potter franchise.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
I think Daniel Radcliffe has potential. but every time I see him he's playing Harry Potter pretty much. Harry potter gets laid in December Boys. Harry Potter and the Somme in My Boy Jack.

haha. I guess its because he's matured as an actor only playing one character. he has to break out of the mould that Potter put him in or he'll get typecast (if that hasn't happened already).

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
FirearmsKill said:
Woodsey said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Woodsey said:

I know, right? Good grief is it really almost over? Almost feels like the end of an era for me, it's the last franchise from my middle school years to wrap up. I mean yeah we've got The Hobbit coming out in a year or two but it's like this is capping off the last decade of movies.

Oh well, once the screen goes black at the end of the Part 2 I intend to shout in the theater "WOOO HOO! IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!"
"Twilight FTW!" is going to be mine.

The last one is the only one I haven't seen in the cinema though (or seen at all yet) - couldn't really be arsed after the Half Blood Prince. That film was 40 minutes too long, and boring.
Yea it's weird seeing him play as someone closer to his real age.

Have to agree with KeyMaster45, does feel like the end of an era.

And really Woodsey you thought the Half Blood Prince was too long? If anything I thought it felt shorter than the others. Though I do admit it did seem to drag on at a point or two. For example when Harry force feed Dumbledore tainted water and the last drop just wouldn't go down! Although I expected a scene like that in the Harry Potter: The Later Years movie, where Dumbledore is paralyzed from that huge fall and Harry needs to assist feeding him so Gryffindor can earn 10 points and win that pizza party they've been working so hard for.
I don't know if it was actually longer, but it certainly felt it - very dull, especially at the end.

It feels like they don't really know what they should and shouldn't take from the books. The Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix felt much better paced.

Sonority

Sep 17, 2010
THis movie has a sort of Tim Burtons "Sleepy Hollow" feel to it. If they pull gthis off they might save Radcliffes career.