Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Coming to PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Coming to PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch

The Harvest Moon series will make its first appearance on PC when Light of Hope releases.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Harvest Moon series, and to celebrate, Natsume has announced a brand new game in the series. Harvest Moon: Light of Hope will be the first game in the series to be available on PC, and will also come to Nintendo Switch and PS4.

According to the press release, players will begin the game on a ship that it hit by a monsoon and sinking. After drifting into a small harbor town hit hard by the storm, "it will be up to the player to help rebuild the town and save the lighthouse...but it won't be easy!"

Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume, is quoted as saying, "Harvest Moon: Light of Hope will set itself apart from other Harvest Moon titles with its depth, including a robust story and clear-cut goals. We set out to create a SNES-style nostalgic game with deep and meaningful characters and events, and we are excited to have our fans play it at E3 and tell us what they think!"

There's no word on when the newest Harvest Moon will release, but presumably we'll hear more at E3 next month. You can check out the 20th anniversary info over at the official Harvest Moon website [http://www.natsume.com/current_game/games/hm20th/index.html].

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Wait. I thought Harvest Moon was a Nintendo IP. Seeing that this will be on PC and PS4 really surprises me. I wonder what drove this decision.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Awwww...I was hoping for the 3DS :(

I should see if there is a Harvest Moon on the 3DS. I'm almost positive there is one...

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Awwww...I was hoping for the 3DS :(

I should see if there is a Harvest Moon on the 3DS. I'm almost positive there is one...
Watch the included video. There are several.

Silverbane7

Jul 1, 2012
there are, but it depends on where you live tippy.
and whether or not you prefer the game made by natsume or mervelous.

harvest moon tale of two villages was released for 3ds (but it was a bit of a buggy port, grab the ds version of you can)
and then harvest moon a new beggining came out.

then we had the split where marvelous decided to use XSeed (a company it owns) to do the localisations for harvest moon instead of natsume.
natsume owns the rights to the name 'harvest moon' and so when that happened, marvelous had to rename the games to 'Story of Seasons'

so, if you are following me (lol)

now you have Story of Seasons (was farm Story, or Bokujou Monogatari in japan) and Story of Seasons Trio of Towns which are on 3ds and made by Marvelous. the first one is available allready to the EU but the trio of towns is only available to american and japan users right now.

and you have harvest moon the lost valley (by natsume) which is also available usa and eu and japan ect (that ones quite old now)
there was also one called 'seeds of memories' which was supposed to be on pc and ios aswell as wiiu. it is available on android and ios right now far as i know but not for pc or wiiu (wiiu may be available to usa or japan, not sure)
and lastly a currently usa and japan only one called Harvest moon Skytree village

for any info about the various harvest moon (and now also Story of Seasons) games allways check Ushi No Tane
http://fogu.com/ this site will help you with any info about game names
and, if you want to kn ow anyhting about the games themselves, like help, tips and so on (also to see all the anger over the loss of the harvest moon name lol) the forums are here
http://fogu.com/hmforum/index.php?sid=049b3a2ecaded4e7317cdca381a841bf

*edit
Fogu comes up trumps again, apparently uk peeps can now pre order the harvest moon skytree village, and it is expected to have a release on 2nd June, 2017
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/05/10/harvest-moon-skytree-village-limited-edition-available-to-pre-order-on-nintendo-uk-store/ just incase anyone wants to check the site i found that on. got the link from the ushi board for skytree.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
Watch the included video. There are several.
Yah! I figured that was the case. I'm not sure why I've never actually looked though. I loved me some HM back in my teenage years (the PS1 version was my favorite....or was it PS2? Either way, HM FTW!)

Silverbane7 said:
Good to know. I'll dig in a bit more when I leave work (don't tell da bwoss!) but the name differences will come in handy for sure I imagine.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Looks like they want some of the pie that Stardew Valley has been having while they've been ignoring it.
Saltyk said:
Wait. I thought Harvest Moon was a Nintendo IP. Seeing that this will be on PC and PS4 really surprises me. I wonder what drove this decision.
Nah man, Harvest Moon has been having flings with the Playstation line since Back to Nature in 1999.

Michael Legault

Feb 27, 2013
Saltyk said:
Nope, was never a Nintendo IP, Natsume owns it and it has been on Sony consoles as well since the PS1.

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
Well good luck trying to top Stardew Valley!

Still, It could be a decent game nonetheless I'm hoping. I wonder if PBG will talk about when it comes out since I know he's fan of this series after all.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Looks like they want some of the pie that Stardew Valley has been having while they've been ignoring it.
Saltyk said:
Nah man, Harvest Moon has been having flings with the Playstation line since Back to Nature in 1999.
Michael Legault said:
Saltyk said:
Nope, was never a Nintendo IP, Natsume owns it and it has been on Sony consoles as well since the PS1.
Odd. I literally only ever hear of it in relation to Nintendo consoles. Pretty sure I even saw a DYKG video on it and I swear it only mentioned Harvest Moon on Nintendo consoles. Not that I don't believe both of you. I guess I just never really cared that much about the franchise.