Has anyone here played any of the Project Zero/Fatal Frame series?

Sunset Rose

Oct 3, 2011
Just curious and want to find how many people have played any of the games, and also what you thought of them

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
I played the original and loved it (except for the fact that it was too short). I also have a copy of the second, but my sister has `borrowed' it. I need to get that back at some point...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
I haven't played them yet, I was fortunate enough to find all 3 at my local gamestop, was able to capitalize on their buy 2 get one free on ps2 games deal or else the bundle would've cost 90 dollars. I'll get to them eventually but I got dark souls on my priority list first and foremost.

As a side note I was very surprised to find the discs in very good condition they also still had their game manuals which in the used game trade is a very rare thing to still be intact.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Only played the firt one on ye olde PS2.

I actually quite enjoyed it. It was a bit different than the "ooh I have a large gun FEAH MAH POWAH" games i'd been playing up until then.

The story was pretty decent and takng on ghosts with only a camera in hand added a little something I can't quite put my finger on.

It had a bit more "atmosphere" than a lot of other survival horror games i'd played mainly due to you not being able to shoot your way out of everything.

It was also kinda spooky.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I've played the first two, though I couldn't finish the second because of a glitch. I need to fix that someday.

Those games were the most terrifying experiences of my life. Truly brilliant horror titles, they really are. I think the most amazing stroke of genius they had was making the combat first-person, so a ghost shows up, you're scared out of your mind, then you need to enter first-person and look through the camera, on their level, to actually fight the thing. Freakin' brilliant, and horrifying as you can get.

ExiledPaladin13

Aug 3, 2011
I played the second fatal frame (fatal frame 2) when i was 13-15 (i dont remember) but i got too scared once it became open world. I didn't do this because it was scary, but because it was hard looking from a 3rd person perspective and then having to quickly go into my 1st person camera when i see a ghost... which covers half the game =[

Sunset Rose

Oct 3, 2011
J_Monsterface, if you read the replies to this post, I'm sure you'll find it's an actual game series for the PS2

Sunset Rose

Oct 3, 2011
Sweet! I have all three, and I have to say that the third one is the freakiest by far for me... so much so that I refuse to play it anyone XD

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Played all of the ones on PS2. 3 was my favourite although everyone seems to prefer Crimson Butterfly (number 2), possibly because it is the easiest one and has less frustration.

I was actually playing the third one last night after I re-finished Haunting Ground. Hot nights here at the moment, I tend to game on ps2 when I can't sleep.

J_Monsterface

Aug 8, 2011
Sunset Rose said:
J_Monsterface, if you read the replies to this post, I'm sure you'll find it's an actual game series for the PS2
yeah right, im gonna go to read that and ur gonna pop out and be like "DUMBASS I TRICKED YOU"

youre really a mean spirited person

why would you even think of something like that

Sunset Rose

Oct 3, 2011
J_Monsterface said:
Sunset Rose said:
yeah right, im gonna go to read that and ur gonna pop out and be like "DUMBASS I TRICKED YOU"

youre really a mean spirited person

why would you even think of something like that
Like I would do something like that

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Played the first one on xbox when it was first released for the system but couldnt get on with it thought it was really well done atmosphere wise though.

I actually went back to it a few months ago and got a lot further trouble is I am still rubbish at these kinds of games and so never completed it also it dosent scare me anymore which is a shame but still I really like the concept I just wish I was better at it.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Played Fatal Frame 2. On the PS2 not long ago. I found it interesting, but ultimately I didn't feel like they lived up to the hype. I found the gameplay uninteresting, and the story sorta bland....

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
I really wanted to play the wii version......which never seemed to have entered my region. CURSES

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
I've got all 3 on PS2, but like 60% of my collection I haven't gotten around to playing them. I've read so much about them on this forum recently though, in the "scary games" threads and stuff, that my interest is definitely starting to peak. Might have to break them out and finally have a go...

Sunset Rose

Oct 3, 2011
Avalanche91 said:
I really wanted to play the wii version......which never seemed to have entered my region. CURSES
I've heard that fans made a mod or a patch that has english subtitles during game play

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Quite a fan of the Fatal Frame titles. Probably the scariest survival horror titles I've played -- yes, even above Silent Hill.