Has/did your school ever pull a dick move?

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Mine did. Twice.

1) Changed the already awful cafeteria system so kids can only get school food (we used to be able to swing by Tesco in the morning to get something worth eating rather than sawdust sandwiches)
2)Timetable changes. Now, kiddies only have one hour of free time in the entire day, which goes from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, and they have less options for their GCSEs, with (I think) 6 of them being removed. This affects the teachers, too - their pay gets frozen for I don't know how long (I'm not even sure they know).

What about yours? Did you ever want to set the board of governors on fire?
EDIT: The one hour is made of 20 minutes break and 40 minutes lunch.
EDIT: GCSEs are exams you take when you're 15/16. They are the only compulsory exams that mean shit.

darthmason0719

Dec 28, 2010
The year before I got to middle school they had these Papa John style pizzas that were awesome as hell. The next year they had the shitty kind. Made me rage hard.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Yeah, the biggest dick move ever, they didn't gave me my high school papers so I had to start all over again, I mean I had 3 out of six semesters, and now I had to do it all over again! I mean C'mon! Sure I'm almost done now that cost me 4 years of my life that I'll never get back, Fucking assholes!
[sub]Yes I did try to sue them but the ever so helpful system never even bothered to even respond[/sub]

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
My school was attempting to cut the salary of the music teacher to 80%. He basically said that he wouldn't be able to stay with that kind of cut due to his medical bills. We students really supported this guy (as he really knew what he was doing), and offered our full support.

They cut his position anyway. He's now in Texas.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Yeh, they did and funnily enough I just made a thread about it

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.311457-How-can-you-justify-this-view-point

I would've wrote it here but I just couldn't be bothered at this time of night.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Yeah... by employing that dick of a headmaster. Call it paranoia, but much of what he did seemed to be geared toward pissing me off. I was dragged into so much of the staff politics it was stupid. And the year after I graduate, he leaves (he was about to be pushed, I think because enough of the faculty hated him).

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Ugh... got into 6th form today, and I already hate the school again.

In your free time - that's time when you don't have lessons - you have to stay in school.

I mean... seriously, what? What's the point in that?
Because it isn't free time, it's personal study period. Not really a dick move, the school expecting you to do work instead of dicking about for an hour, no offence.

OT: I got suspended for being beaten up in the name of fairness, that was pretty cool.

james0192

Meh!
Oct 12, 2009
SirBryghtside said:

In your free time - that's time when you don't have lessons - you have to stay in school.

My school did this too... No one ever actually complied with the rule though.

My school also tried to ban unhealthy food at one point. Not just what they were selling in the cafeteria but they used to do spot checks of food people had to check it fell within their 'healthy food guidlines' scheme didn't last very long.

They also changed the cafeteria so that it would no longer accept money. You had to pay the school to put money on a card which you bought stuff with. not really a dick move but annoying for the people who bought stuff at school.

TheJesus89

Aug 4, 2011
When you go to catholic schools for your entire life, you come to expect dick moves.

Kaleion said:
Yeah, the biggest dick move ever, they didn't gave me my high school papers so I had to start all over again, I mean I had 3 out of six semesters, and now I had to do it all over again! I mean C'mon! Sure I'm almost done now that cost me 4 years of my life that I'll never get back, Fucking assholes!
[sub]Yes I did try to sue them but the ever so helpful system never even bothered to even respond[/sub]
Uh what? Are you telling me you went to high school for more then 4 years because someone lost your papers?

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
One of the teachers lost the coursework for an entire class, and then denied they ever handed it into him. Then he gave them a week to do it again. Prick.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Exhibit A: One of my friends had recently died at this point, and my friend Hannah was really crushed by this, they were pretty good friends, so I hugged her, and one of our dick ass vice principals gave us a detention, because apperently our hug was over five seconds.

There is a special place in hell for that prick.

Exhibit B: At one point they actually still charged you for lunch if you didn't buy it, even if you brought in food, they still made you pay 3$. That only went on for about 2 weeks, ending in what was like a riot/strike

Dicks.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Exhibit A: One of my friends had recently died at this point, and my friend Hannah was really crushed by this, they were pretty good friends, so I hugged her, and one of our dick ass vice principals gave us a detention, because apperently our hug was over five seconds.

I don't think he understood what the 5 second rule is actually used for.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Richardplex said:
SirBryghtside said:

Because it isn't free time, it's personal study period. Not really a dick move, the school expecting you to do work instead of dicking about for an hour, no offence.

OT: I got suspended for being beaten up in the name of fairness, that was pretty cool.
And now we get to the really stupid part - no one even checks that you're studying. Most people just hang around in the common room talking/playing MineCraft. What exactly stops us from studying at home?

I can see the justification, but... no. Just no.
Fair do's, at my Sixth form they actually bothered to enforce it, so I could easily see the justification

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Blaster395 said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:

I don't think he understood what the 5 second rule is actually used for.
Ha!

But in reality, that is a rule in our school, they uber crack down on PDAs, mainly because they want no one to be happy. Most teachers don't care, but the really bitchy ones (especially the lonely ones... like him) are just big douche's about it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
TheJesus89 said:
Kaleion said:
Uh what? Are you telling me you went to high school for more then 4 years because someone lost your papers?
They didn't lose them, they refused to give them to me, and I had to start over because I was left with no other choice.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
My school recently introduced a "healthy lunch program", which basically means no chips, pop, fatty fried stuff, or overly salted. While I applaud the idea of better lunches, this is the absolute worst approach to the problem. The solution isn't simply to pretend these foods exist, but to have healthier choices be better and more affordable. A slice of pizza was $1, a chicken caesar wrap is $4. There's your problem.

And they wanted to remove the deep fryers from the teaching kitchen. WORST. PLAN. EVER. Simply pretending deep fryers don't exist won't make people not make fried food. This is a TEACHING kitchen, the kids need to learn how to use them, SAFELY. Because when they go out into the world, how the hell will they learn to use them?

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
Yes. My school dropped me from classes while i was on an active duty training exercise. When i got back i had to scramble to get the rest of my tuition and get back my classes.

After i figured that out, the school owed me about 2 thousand dollars. They said i would get that on the 24th. Then they said the 27th. Then they said the 30th. Then they said the 3rd. Finally they said the 6th and that brings us to today.

They owe me 2k, and they are just dicking around with my money. Today they told me i should have it by thursday.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
We had a contest every year that was sort of like a male version of the homecoming queen court. They had to raise money for charity, and then at the end they had a big dance where the contestants and their dates were rewarded for their efforts.

My senior year, a gay friend of mine was winning. He was planning on going with his boyfriend, and no one really cared.

Until some angry parent got mad and called a local radio talk show to complain about a same sex couple in the winners' circle.

The principal cancelled the dance.