Has gaming infected your mind?

Dark Claw13

Apr 6, 2011
Have at any time in the real world has a piece of gaming- whether it is a QTE or just gameplay or anything- affected how you think?

Recently I was watching water run down a furrow in the ground and I thought "I'll just drop sand here to change it's direction and... wait that's From Dust"

Something like that happen to you?

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Whenever I accomplish something my first instinct is to think "...and now save."

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx

Jul 17, 2011
The saving thing can be said for me. Also i tend to think that my everyday life is just the beta for the best looking wii game ever. Little off topic here, but i sometimes hear other people have spikes when speaking that i can only hear them in autotune o_O

zajohnson

Mar 31, 2011
For a while after playing Mass Effect, the little wheel to select dialog options among people actually was in my head when I talked to people in real life, like I thought of Paragon and Renegade things to say.
o_O
I dunno if I am alone on that, but its's gone now. Ha.

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
Ive often caught myself looking for my visibility meter after playing stealth oriented games.

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
"Infect" yeah I did get a few poison counters once, but they were no macth for my Sun Titan and Phantasmal Image combo.

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
Well sometimes during a FPS game I want to shoot someone annoying me in RL, I try spin my character around to only suddenly realize that's not gonna happen.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
On rainy days, I'll sometimes find myself staring at the moist planks of my backyard deck, thinking about how awesome the shaders for real life are, and how adequately HDR is handled in this weird, old place known as "outside"...

The day/night cycle is still nerfed, though. There's just too few hours in a day! Feels like Real Life was designed by Notch, sometimes. :)

ChickenZombie

May 25, 2011
Well I dont know about thinking in game terms... I can picture almost any/every car suddenly exploding. Also i supsect people of carrying guns, even though they obviously aren't...

I dont know if this is related but with women, I can see their manly facial features, making them look like men, and with men I can see their femenine facial features, making them look like women. That really creeps me out when I do that accidently.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
I tend to see lightning, plasma, and explosions torment the people around me at random intervals, but outside of seeing their dead bodies at times, I don't really think my mind has changed.

Of course, I'm about as different than people as you can get so I'm not so surprised I'm like that.

ChickenZombie said:
Well I dont know about thinking in game terms... I can picture almost any/every car suddenly exploding. Also i supsect people of carrying guns, even though they obviously aren't...

I dont know if this is related but with women, I can see their manly facial features, making them look like men, and with men I can see their femenine facial features, making them look like women. That really creeps me out when I do that accidently.
I've learned by experience that people you don't think carry weapons sometimes do, even if you don't see it.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
I have this weird disillusion that reality can be a fun and mystical place like video games.

OT: Im not sure about me, but my friends think it has, and when i started complaning about a mosquito that kept re appearing a "friend" of mine said that re spawning doesn't exist in this world... geez I dont think i play games that much?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Occasionally when I'm playing a game for an extended period of time I may temporarily "adapt" physical mannerisms from the game I've been playing; walking method, posture, occasionally it even affects my method of speaking.

For example, just yesterday I finished my binge of Mass Effect 1 and 2 back to back... I'm using a lot of familiar hand gestures when I speak lately. I don't even really notice it when it happens, it's just sort of instinctual.

Does make me realize there's a lot of hand gestures in Mass Effect during the conversations.

Images

Apr 8, 2010
Whenever I walk into secure buildings like banks or government offices Imma looking for vents, the camera angles and the guard routines.

And that's my ass on a watchlist now.

SonOfStayPuft

Sep 21, 2010
When I was walking down Tottenham Court Road during the Riots.I found a huge Boulder and quickly Roadie Ran to it & went into cover whilst throwing Rocks at the Rioters in blind fire shouting "Bring it!"

Damn you Gears.

Just kidding.I one had Magic Mushrooms, and thought I was riding a Dinosaur, and when I was in touching distance of this Hot Woman, some douche Dinosaur Monster stole her.

Nah, not really.

But both would have been cool.

Cleariously

Mar 25, 2011
I looked in a mirror earlier and found myself thinking "Whoa, my nose looks weird. Oh well, they'll probably patch it soon."