Has public opinion on Batman The Brave and The Bold changed also whats your thoughts on said series

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I enjoyed it.
I still have some heavy nostalgia for TAS and Beyond, with Beware being more underrated to me.

The new Justice League Action is also pretty enjoyable.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
I love this series. Its probably my favorite of any Batman show.

Okay, here's the thing: I love Batman: The Animated Series. I agree with people as being the definitive Batman show, but I kinda think sometimes people forget about the show having a few bad or boring episodes.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Natemans said:
I love this series. Its probably my favorite of any Batman show.

Okay, here's the thing: I love Batman: The Animated Series. I agree with people as being the definitive Batman show, but I kinda think sometimes people forget about the show having a few bad or boring episodes.
tbf, aren't we all like that with out favorite shows? We remember the good about it but rarely if ever recall the bad.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Dansen said:
McMarbles said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I think the show is heretical and an attempt to bring him down to the campy levels of Adam West Batman in all its gaudiness.

Batman must forever remain the Dark Knight, the vigilante that strikes fear into the heart of the criminal underworld.

And I say this as a guy that is tired of the oversaturation of Batman.
I'll let the show respond to that.

Is that...Stamper?
Just looked it up, its not him :(

@Samtendo

I don't think you have to worry about Batman losing his grimdark edge for as long as Zach Snider is managing the DCCU.
No there is also the animated movies and comic books themselves that will maintain the Dark Knight in his proper incarnation.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Samtemdo8 said:
Dansen said:
McMarbles said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I think the show is heretical and an attempt to bring him down to the campy levels of Adam West Batman in all its gaudiness.

Batman must forever remain the Dark Knight, the vigilante that strikes fear into the heart of the criminal underworld.

Is that...Stamper?

@Samtendo

I don't think you have to worry about Batman losing his grimdark edge for as long as Zach Snider is managing the DCCU.
No there is also the animated movies and comic books themselves that will maintain the Dark Knight in his proper incarnation.
Can't tell if ironic...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
jhoroz said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Dansen said:
McMarbles said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Is that...Stamper?

@Samtendo

Can't tell if ironic...
I know what you are thinking "If you know that there will still be Dark and Gritty Batman in Animated Movies, Theatrical Movies, and Comic Books, why are you complaining about Brave and the Bold?" 3 things:

1. Brave and the Bold is to Batman is what Teen Titans Go is to Teen Titans for me. And all this talent and great animation into making Brave and the Bold is wasted on making a campy re-hash of 60s campy Batman instead of making something as awesome as the old Animated Series or the old DCAU in general.

2. That people keep highlighting Brave and the Bold as the best thing ever that it will send messages to WB that all DC things should be like Brave and the Bold.

3. I just needed to vent my frustrations on something after going through 50+ days with no electricity and internet in my house after that Hurricane.

And let me tell you guys, a Category 5 Hurricane did not change your old pal Samtemdo8, I am still a DC biased fanboy that prefers DC to be adult and mature like Watchmen and abhor anything campy and lame like Brave and the Bold.

Or at the very least just remain like the DCAU.