Has this error been showing up for everyone else?

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Teleios said:
Don't worry guys - we have a few more servers coming soon to help add a bit more power so these problems go away.
Great news! I can't wait for them to be in place! Thanks for easing our nerves. :)

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
it only did that when the ggenre wars background was there now sometimes it will look like my post didnt show up untill i re enter the thread, i thought it was just a slow cache but i may be wrong

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I haven't gotten this here, but I've gotten it on a few other sites. I haven't gotten it in about a week, so I guess they cleared it up.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Teleios said:
Don't worry guys - we have a few more servers coming soon to help add a bit more power so these problems go away.
That's good news. When I had this error at my house, I figured it was me. When my antivirus is autoscanning, the computer craps out. But then it started up at the work comp, and I got worried... Figured it was a server issue at that point, hence the thread.

Don't suppose there's an ETA on those servers? I want to be the first user to break them in. >.>

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Ajna said:
I've been getting the error "Fatal error: Database Error: Connection Failed in /sixpack/web/global/classes/class.db.mysql.inc on line 74" more and more often when visiting The Escapist...

Is this just me? Or are others effected as well?
Got it

Database error....This is how my old forum died.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
S.H.A.R.P. said:
Sometimes. The website doesn't appear to be very fast lately. When I go from page to page it can take up to minute or something to connect. I think that the error we get is when it takes too long, and an error occurs because of that.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's so F***ing annoying.

slevin8989

Apr 3, 2009
yeah on firefox i cant visit offtopic at all it's really annoying i have to use internet explorer

The Young One

Mar 26, 2009
It happened on my way to this thread.
It's starting to wind me up now.
It's happening more and more often, the past few days have been the worst.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
I've noticed it a bit. I'd guess the problem would be the amount of users we have now.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Escapist has been really bad lately, not loading, not updating etc. Seems as tho theyare having problems.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Teleios said:
Yaay. Just gets a bit annoying because a lot of the time those error messages just won't let me post sometimes.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I couldn't post a few hours ago due to the errors and server slowdowns. Twelve hours ago I sometimes wondered if my post was going to go through.

I am more irritated by the website slowing down than I am the errors.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Ajna said:
I've been getting the error "Fatal error: Database Error: Connection Failed in /sixpack/web/global/classes/class.db.mysql.inc on line 74" more and more often when visiting The Escapist...

Is this just me? Or are others effected as well?
It's happening to me disturbingly often. I strongly suspect it's because of Genre Wars. The entire site died when it first came along, and even though there aren't as many people playing it any more, it still probably causes server slowdown issues.

Edit: how ironic. The site crapped out as I posted that.