Has this error been showing up for everyone else?

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
I've been getting the error "Fatal error: Database Error: Connection Failed in /sixpack/web/global/classes/class.db.mysql.inc on line 74" more and more often when visiting The Escapist...

Is this just me? Or are others effected as well?

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Sometimes. The website doesn't appear to be very fast lately. When I go from page to page it can take up to minute or something to connect. I think that the error we get is when it takes too long, and an error occurs because of that.

Mar 17, 2009
That's happened more and more frequently to me too, I thought it was my internet connection crapping out on me, but apparently it isn't.

I also noticed it takes a while to actually show your posts after you post them.

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah I've gotten that a bit today, and its taken me about 10 minutes to login

HateDread

Jan 20, 2009
^^ All stole my words.

I get same issues. I had heaps of your mentioned issue - thought The Escapist finally crashed. What could be the cause of this sudden slowness, ya think?

Tich

Aug 13, 2008
Their server is crapiing out I guess.

Havn't noticed any problems. Although once at school the style sheets didn't load, but then again, nothing loads there.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
It's a database error, so the problem is on the server side. I've seen this happening lately as well, not to mention I've noticed that the forums usually aren't up-to-date. My guess is that the Escapist/Warcry servers are just getting bogged down by the huge amount of users on the site.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
yeah it`s happened to me as well maybe the forums are lagging from the amount of threads maybe the forums need pruning or something.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
Yeah, I've had the same problems as others, and a fair few of my mates have too.

I hope the powers that be notice this, and if so can you please check it out guys? I doubt it can be problems with all our computers.

Mar 17, 2009
Oh, and sometimes I can't access the threads through the main page, I have to go to my profile before I can access the forums.

Also, the whole site is just pretty slow in general.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I get that occasionally.
S.H.A.R.P. said:
Sometimes. The website doesn't appear to be very fast lately. When I go from page to page it can take up to minute or something to connect. I think that the error we get is when it takes too long, and an error occurs because of that.
I've noticed that as well. Server updates, perhaps?

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
The staff are onto it. I suggest messaging Virgil if you see it cropping up a lot.

Teleios

Aug 5, 2003
Don't worry guys - we have a few more servers coming soon to help add a bit more power so these problems go away.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Yep, I got it just before. I can log on now so I'm sure its not to big of a problem. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it in other words.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
For a few days my posts and edits have been lagging behind, I have to refresh the page a few times before I can see them, I don't really mind it as long as it doesn't get worse.