Hasbro Sets My Little Pony Movie For 2017

Lunar Templar

New member
Sep 20, 2009
8,225
0
0
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
What sites are you going to? things have been really calm MLP wise here for a long time. Pretty sure the last MLP threads where back at the end of the last seasn, and those where only a thing for a day or so before people moved on.

Unlike that GamerGate nonsense, which has gotten worse the MLP and the ME3 ending mess combined far as choking the site with repeat threads goes.


Ukomba said:
From the director who brought you "The Smurfs" and "The Smurfs 2", and the creative team behind "Alvin and the Chipmunks" comes My Little Pony. Rob Schneider plays Barry Goldman, the owner of a failing pony ride business in New York City. You'll laugh and cry as you watch him try to reconnect with his children while trying to stay afloat in this bad economy. But all that changes when one day a mirror portal accident drops six magical ponies into his life. Twilight Sparkle, voiced by Britney spears, Rarity voiced by Miley Cyrus, Pinkie Pie voiced by Katy Perry,Rainbow Dash voiced by Taylor Swift, Flutter Shy voiced by Selina Gomez, and Apple Jack voiced by Carry Underwood will teach Barry the true meaning of friendship and save his business, and his relationship with his kids in this action packed musical.

Written by M. Night Shyamalan. An Michael Bay production.
?? Why is Carry Underwood in there with all the talentless trash and has beens. Seen to me you'd want on the same level as the rest of them, like a Spice Girl or something (out of touch with pop music), not someone who'd embarrass them on raw vocal capability.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
9,927
5,281
118
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Gender
Male
Lunar Templar said:
Unlike that GamerGate nonsense, which has gotten worse the MLP and the ME3 ending mess combined far as choking the site with repeat threads goes.
So what you're saying is that we need a Pony Effect 3 movie in order to overwhelm the GamerGate threads......
 

Lunar Templar

New member
Sep 20, 2009
8,225
0
0
Dalisclock said:
Lunar Templar said:
Unlike that GamerGate nonsense, which has gotten worse the MLP and the ME3 ending mess combined far as choking the site with repeat threads goes.
So what you're saying is that we need a Pony Effect 3 movie in order to overwhelm the GamerGate threads......
That, or Ponyhammer 40k(look it up). Ether would do nicely I'm thinking, would certainly provide a more interesting read at least.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
9,927
5,281
118
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Gender
Male
Lunar Templar said:
Dalisclock said:
Lunar Templar said:
Unlike that GamerGate nonsense, which has gotten worse the MLP and the ME3 ending mess combined far as choking the site with repeat threads goes.
So what you're saying is that we need a Pony Effect 3 movie in order to overwhelm the GamerGate threads......
That, or Ponyhammer 40k(look it up). Ether would do nicely I'm thinking, would certainly provide a more interesting read at least.
In the future, there is only friendship?
 

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
830
0
0
Hopefully this will be animated in the 2D style of the show and not made into some CGI thing.

But I will be sure to see it, I still have the Brony spark within me.
 

Lunar Templar

New member
Sep 20, 2009
8,225
0
0
Dalisclock said:
Lunar Templar said:
Dalisclock said:
Lunar Templar said:
Unlike that GamerGate nonsense, which has gotten worse the MLP and the ME3 ending mess combined far as choking the site with repeat threads goes.
So what you're saying is that we need a Pony Effect 3 movie in order to overwhelm the GamerGate threads......
That, or Ponyhammer 40k(look it up). Ether would do nicely I'm thinking, would certainly provide a more interesting read at least.
In the future, there is only friendship?
donno though, just a hunch ...
 

KingWein22

New member
Jun 4, 2010
225
0
0
Lunar Templar said:
Dalisclock said:
Lunar Templar said:
Dalisclock said:
Lunar Templar said:
Unlike that GamerGate nonsense, which has gotten worse the MLP and the ME3 ending mess combined far as choking the site with repeat threads goes.
So what you're saying is that we need a Pony Effect 3 movie in order to overwhelm the GamerGate threads......
That, or Ponyhammer 40k(look it up). Ether would do nicely I'm thinking, would certainly provide a more interesting read at least.
In the future, there is only friendship?
donno though, just a hunch ...


OT: Will withhold on weather to see it when more details come out at a later time.
 

Gordon_4_v1legacy

New member
Aug 22, 2010
2,577
0
0
Lord Garnaat said:
The only question that remains is this: is it FiM, or another Equestria Girls? I think that most will agree that EQ did the best it could with what it had, and was far better than it should have been, but the former is what I'm most excited for.

Ah, to be a Brony!
That movie shit the bed as soon as it was decided the human world would be high school. An opportunity to an awesome Magi-Tek wonderland setting where characters had titles like Grand Magister without irony was missed.


OT: Can this movie be about Princess Luna because she's criminally underused.
 

NuclearKangaroo

New member
Feb 7, 2014
1,919
0
0
Sassafrass said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
I'd welcome the MLP threads.
Make a nice cheerful change from the GG threads.

Plus they're hardly shoving it down anyone's throats any more, considering there's a new season airing right now and I only know that because I looked it up on Google.

OK, I derped and misread Google.
Still, MLP threads > GG threads, regardless of whoever is making them.
yes they arent shoving their shit down people's throat that much anymore, they almost look like a normal fandom, i want it to stay like that, thats my point
 

NuclearKangaroo

New member
Feb 7, 2014
1,919
0
0
V da Mighty Taco said:
Uh, MovieBob.... you kinda forgot that the sequel to Equestria Girls just hit limited theaters a couple weeks back. The 2013 Equestria Girls is not the most recent movie. Just giving you a heads up, and I don't mean any offense by this if it comes across that way. :)

NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
Lolwut? Apologies if I'm being rude here, but how are things just now cooling down? Pony-wise, things have been pretty calm on the Escapist as well as the internet in general for quite some time, with the only extreme brony on these boards in recent memory having been banned quite a while back.

On top of that, I'd much rather see an overabundance of people going "Isn't this one thing TOTALLY AWESOME?!?!" as opposed to the all too common trend of "Isn't this one person, group, or thing absolutely evil and needs its ass nailed to the wall?" that keeps flooding both the Escapist and the internet at large. Not just talking GG there, btw, but all of these controversies coming out the ass that makes these forums - especially Off Topic - such a miserable place to be.
...

atleast gg is important

anyways mr brony man, i just said that, i just said you guys have calmed down, i dont want to see ponies posted everywhere again, thats the thing
 

NuclearKangaroo

New member
Feb 7, 2014
1,919
0
0
crimsonshrouds said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
Really? I don't even care about my little pony but your comment seems to show how little self-awareness you have. Seriously how much crap about gamergate gets spewed on this website? This comment applies to whether you are for or against gamergate. I will deal with people posting pony picks and memes over the talks about Anita or Zoe any day.
implying gg has anything to do with zoe or anita

look first of all, i keep my gg shit largely contained to gg threads, thats a concession bronies never made back in the day

2nd gg is not a fandom, and its gaming related, it belongs in a gaming forum
 

NuclearKangaroo

New member
Feb 7, 2014
1,919
0
0
Lunar Templar said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
What sites are you going to? things have been really calm MLP wise here for a long time. Pretty sure the last MLP threads where back at the end of the last seasn, and those where only a thing for a day or so before people moved on.

Unlike that GamerGate nonsense, which has gotten worse the MLP and the ME3 ending mess combined far as choking the site with repeat threads goes.
hey atleast you dont see gamergate sprays in TF2 on a regular basis, or hear people on the server rambling about gg

also gg is gaming related, is a major topic, you are going to see it on gaming related forums... actually no, this is one of the very few forums that allow the discussion, yet another reason why its saturated


ok like 5 people replied to my comment, you are free to disagree fellas im just expressing my feelings, the MLP fandom has been pretty quiet lately (a part of my comment most of you seem to have missed), i just want it to stay that way, at reasonable fandom levels
 

LazyAza

New member
May 28, 2008
716
0
0
The fact that this is happening before we got another great animated tf movie in theaters fills me with a rage i can not even begin to describe.
 

ObserverStatus

New member
Aug 27, 2014
147
0
0
Gundam GP01 said:
At least the MLP fandom is actually based around happiness and enjoyment of something instead of just being pissed off at something.
Maaaan, what are you talking about? Obsessing over the idea that there's some great big conspiracy by cultural Marxists to take over the direction of the electronic entertainment industry is way more fun than watching Rarity stick pins in Spike's butt.
 

Solbasa

New member
May 3, 2014
52
0
0
Melon Hunter said:
Batou667 said:
2017? I'm not too clued up on the MLP fandom, but wouldn't a MLP movie released tomorrow represent missing the boat by a considerable margin, let alone three years in the future?
Oh, hardly. The fandom may have slowed its growth considerably since 2011, but the franchise itself has been going from strength to strength. I think MLP has been far and away the most profitable Hasbro toy property for a couple of years now; regardless of how the fandom's doing, FiM is doing very well for itself amongst its target audience. Plotting out a movie for 2017 is certainly long-term thinking, but it's not a hubristic or bad business decision, based on how the property is currently doing.
While it seems very possible that MLP will still be as big in 2017 as it is now, more or less, slating a new movie to be released in 2017 still seems kind of ambitious to me. Especially when the last two movies were released only a bit over a year apart from each other, putting this one in development for three years seems like they really want it to be big, when it's very possible that the bubble will have collapsed by then. It's still as much as a gangrenous growth protruding from the amorphous miasma that is internet fandom culture as it ever has been (I say this as a brony myself), but there's no telling what can happen within the span of three years.
 

Blaze the Dragon

New member
Jan 8, 2010
127
0
0
I like how Equestria Girls 2 just came out to nobody caring about it at all, and then even hinting at a proper pony movie explodes all over the internet overnight. It's almost like making a movie that actually is relevant to the show in some way is a better idea than ripping off your own popular IP to try and sell another brand of toys that nobody wants!

Yeah seriously, How did it take them this long to realize that this was a good idea? Like ever since Equestria Girls was announced people have been clamoring for a proper pony production. And yet they went and made ANOTHER Equestria girls before they apparently finally heard us. And even then they just now finally are going to get started on it.

Also, the fandom isn't really dying out now (I mean the numbers have barely even decreased at all from what I've seen) but rather it's simmering down to normality. When the series started, there were a lot of people that were jumping on the bandwagon because they suddenly had gotten the impression that it was somehow 'cool to like ponies' now. While barely actually being fans of the show. Not to mention a lot of people that were here just to post memes and such everywhere. Notice how most of that behavior has finally died out and people are barely even complaining about the fandom anymore. I mean it still happens yea, but it looks like it's much more widely accepted now. And even if the series ended before the movie came out (it won't) I guarantee it'd still do well regardless.

If I didn't make it clear already, you can't use the Equestria Girls movies as a measuring stick for how well this movie will do. Nobody asked for those movies, and they were barely released in theaters. They might as well have been direct to TV/DVD. The only reason they did as *well* as they did was because the fandom is willing to at least try something before dismissing it. Now that they're apparently developing the movie we've been asking for, and probably are gonna give it the proper theatrical release it deserves, it'll do way way better than the Equestria Girls movies could've possibly hoped for.
 

Veylon

New member
Aug 15, 2008
1,626
0
0
Gordon_4 said:
That movie shit the bed as soon as it was decided the human world would be high school. An opportunity to an awesome Magi-Tek wonderland setting where characters had titles like Grand Magister without irony was missed.
That'd be pretty tough on the target audience. Or their parents, rather. Even the original setting was apparently too mystical, complex, and otherworldly to make it into the theaters. Personally, though, I'm prepared to give any movie with a Grand Magister a chance.

Gordon_4 said:
OT: Can this movie be about Princess Luna because she's criminally underused.
Pitch: Princess Celestia falls ills and Luna steps up to the plate, joining with Twilight and her friends on a quest to save her sister. But can this solitary princess overcome the pains of her past and learn to open up to and trust others? Or will fear of rejection continue to rule her heart?

If Luna's in this, there's excuses to have dream sequences, Nightmare Moon, and expoitation of the Warrior Luna meme.
 

Blaze the Dragon

New member
Jan 8, 2010
127
0
0
Solbasa said:
Melon Hunter said:
Batou667 said:
2017? I'm not too clued up on the MLP fandom, but wouldn't a MLP movie released tomorrow represent missing the boat by a considerable margin, let alone three years in the future?
Oh, hardly. The fandom may have slowed its growth considerably since 2011, but the franchise itself has been going from strength to strength. I think MLP has been far and away the most profitable Hasbro toy property for a couple of years now; regardless of how the fandom's doing, FiM is doing very well for itself amongst its target audience. Plotting out a movie for 2017 is certainly long-term thinking, but it's not a hubristic or bad business decision, based on how the property is currently doing.
While it seems very possible that MLP will still be as big in 2017 as it is now, more or less, slating a new movie to be released in 2017 still seems kind of ambitious to me. Especially when the last two movies were released only a bit over a year apart from each other, putting this one in development for three years seems like they really want it to be big, when it's very possible that the bubble will have collapsed by then. It's still as much as a gangrenous growth protruding from the amorphous miasma that is internet fandom culture as it ever has been (I say this as a brony myself), but there's no telling what can happen within the span of three years.
Keep in mind that Star Trek the motion picture didn't come until 10 years after the original series was canceled. And TOS was canceled due to low viewership rating! MLP is the Hub's (or whatever it's called now) biggest show right now, and even if the fandom does start to die out in the next couple of years (which I really don't see happening) the movie will probably bring back a lot of people who were fans of the show now. Even if the show ended right now, there's so much fandom stuff to keep it afloat over the next few years that I doubt it'd die even then. Between the Fanart/music/fiction, and the full-blown episodes and even games; at the very least I think there'd be enough people who remember being a brony for it to still be relevant to a large audience. I mean, Star Trek didn't even have the internet to back it up and coordinate conventions and shit, and they managed it after 10 years. Then again, that might've also been why it took 10 years for them to see why making a movie would be a good idea.
 

crimsonshrouds

New member
Mar 23, 2009
1,477
0
0
NuclearKangaroo said:
crimsonshrouds said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
...greeeeaat...

just when things were starting to cooldown, i really hope bronies dont start shoving their stuff down everyone's throat... more than usual
Really? I don't even care about my little pony but your comment seems to show how little self-awareness you have. Seriously how much crap about gamergate gets spewed on this website? This comment applies to whether you are for or against gamergate. I will deal with people posting pony picks and memes over the talks about Anita or Zoe any day.
implying gg has anything to do with zoe or anita

look first of all, i keep my gg shit largely contained to gg threads, thats a concession bronies never made back in the day

2nd gg is not a fandom, and its gaming related, it belongs in a gaming forum
There was no implying there that gamergate has anything to do with Zoe and Akita threads.. I'm outright saying that is what it is about and that hasn't changed since gamergate started their "crusade" and I almost joined gamergate when the gamers are dead posts started. But I have enough critical thinking skills to realize the movement was nothing more than people on a witch hunt. I sat through enough gamergate videos on youtube to realize that massive portion of the movement was influenced heavily by conspiracy nuts and "anti-social-justice-warriors." Trying to even say that gamergate has nothing to do with Anita or Zoe is being disingenuous at best and outright lying at worst so you guys might as well stop trying to deflect that criticism or start a whole nother movement. I'm on no crusade to stop gamergate or the idiots picking fights with social justice warriors but lying to me or trying to put down an entire fandom just because you don't enjoy that fandom does not put you into a positive light.

Also, I don't recall bronies making posts about mlp in any thread other than the ones that were about mlp. The only thing I remember being posted were memes pics and is that really worse than any other meme pic? There are more gamergate threads on this forum right now than any actual threads about games or games journalism. Has gamergate started its own website publishing news about games yet? Because for a movement that thinks its about journalism, they sure haven't done much other than get pissed and start fights in forums and on twitter.

Mlp isn't game related and? This website is called the Escapist and it talks about other things besides games too. Are you going to start moaning about for game of thrones? What about posts on movies or comical?