Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F Coming to PS Vita

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F Coming to PS Vita

<youtube=uzaf0Sd3qzY>​
Thanks to the success of the PS3 release and requests for a Vita version, Sega has decided to bring Project Diva F for Vita to the west.

The virtual pop star goes portable in an upcoming Vita version for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. Released for PS3 late August [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127221-Miku-Hatsune-Makes-Her-Western-Console-Debut], the game had both a PS3 and Vita version in Japan. Due to high demand, Sega has decided to bring over the Vita version early next year.

Aaron Webber, associate brand manager for Sega of America, wrote in a PlayStation blog post today, " 'We want the Vita version!' you told us. 'Please, I'd sell my soul for a Vita version!' " A few commenters on the post offered to give their souls to Sega for the news.

Miku is a singing synthesizer application with a persona. Depicted as a 16-year-old idol, the synthesizer technology is used for various songs created by many people, but she is meant to sing mostly pop, dance, and techno music. Other Vocaloid characters such as Kagamine Rin and Len, and Megurine Luka, Kaito, and Meiko also appear in Project Diva F.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F will be a digital-only release, but Sega is aware that many fans are asking for a physical release. A fairly standard rhythm game, players listen to songs sung by Miku and press corresponding buttons at the right time to score points.

Webber's post indicates that there is still some more news about the Vita title to be released in the future.

Source: PlayStation blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/06/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-coming-to-ps-vita/]

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Cool,
Now, could you please delete all Miku songs and add Len, Rin, Kaito, Megu, and all the other vocaloid's songs?

I'm sorry, but Miku is booooring.

Edit: At the very least F has Remote Control, so alls good.

LaochEire

Mar 9, 2010
This is probably one of the best games on the Vita. It is very import friendly though. I bought the Japanese version and was able to play/complete/platinum the game without a lick of Japanese.

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
YAAAAY! I played the shit out of Project Diva F on PS3, but I really wanted to have it on Vita. I love rhythm games, and the more opportunities to play them, the better. Especially with a game like Project Diva, where the jump in difficulty from Hard to Extreme is so huge you need to practice as much as possible.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
l3o2828 said:
Cool,
Now, could you please delete all Miku songs and add Len, Rin, Kaito, Megu, and all the other vocaloid's songs?

um? there are several songs with those characters.

siveon

Jan 21, 2012
Gee, I wish Sega would localize another Vita port of a popular game in Japan. Not the time and place, I know, but dammit PSO2 has to come here eventually.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Keiichi Morisato said:
l3o2828 said:
Cool,

um? there are several songs with those characters.
You didn't even get the gist of my post.

I don't want the game to have songs from other vocaloids, i already know it does.
I just want a Vocaloid game to NOT be about Miku for once.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
l3o2828 said:
You didn't even get the gist of my post.

I don't want the game to have songs from other vocaloids, i already know it does.
I just want a Vocaloid game to NOT be about Miku for once.
Thing is though, Miku is the mascot for the Vocaloids. It'd be like Nintendo making a main title Zelda game and not having Link as the main character. Sure it'd be a nice change of pace, but the chances of that ever happening are slim to none.